Four In A Bed - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought tonight would be fireworks and excitement. Instead I was nauseous and disappointed.
To quote Bridget Jones "What's the only thing worse than smug married couples? Lots of Smug married couples"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The first two to host this week were nauseating. I wondered if they were conjoined or keeping each other alive through oxygen exchange from the wrist 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes, they were very pleased with themselves weren’t they.
I really didn’t enjoy those four sitting together at breakfast at Dean’s place totally trashing everything in sight. OK it wasn’t much of a place and Dean is to say the least delusional but those four were lapping it up, enjoying it.
Did anyone else get the impression they’d spoken to each other off camera about which score they were giving and what they were going to write?
Both gave 3 for breakfast, both mentioned the eggs, both mentioned greasy plates.
It seemed too coincidental to me.

Did anyone else get the impression they’d spoken to each other off camera about which score they were giving and what they were going to write?
Both gave 3 for breakfast, both mentioned the eggs, both mentioned greasy plates.
Probably hadn’t had an actual chance meeting to discuss what scores, comments to make but everything they wrote on the form was the result of the trashing session they conducted over breakfast at Dean’s place which I mentioned in my post.
It really pees me off when I see contestants comparing notes about a venue out of the earshot of the host, puts ideas into people’s head and should not be allowed.

Reactions: 2
Probably hadn’t had an actual chance meeting to discuss what scores, comments to make but everything they wrote on the form was the result of the trashing session they conducted over breakfast at Dean’s place which I mentioned in my post.
It really pees me off when I see contestants comparing notes about a venue out of the earshot of the host, puts ideas into people’s head and should not be allowed.
I suppose they could have called each other.
Yes I did notice when one lady said the crockery felt greasy then immediately the man from the other couple touched his plate and rubbed it. He obviously hadn’t noticed it until then.
Part of me was hoping one couple had underpaid the other by £5 just so I could see the reaction, but alas it didn’t happen.
I wonder why the Scarborough couple left? They were the only ones who all 3 said they’d stay again.

Reactions: 4
I thought this. As awful as The Crown was I did feel like the other two couples ‘ganged up’ against them. It made me wonder if there were things that happened off-camera or the stay was worse than aired for them all to be so scathing. The problem with this place (& the ensuing father & daughter’s attitude to the criticism received) was in their market they probably are very good but compared to the other places & what those couples are used to (quality of crockery, standards of service, country air, a nice view, etc) it was worlds apart!

Reactions: 1
Well that was weird. It must be so frustrating when couples pull out once the filming of the has started but I can’t think what else they could do other than leave them in.

I wasn’t surprised by Dean and Abi not going to payment date. He hyped up his breakfast but a cooked buffet breakfast is never a total success. Plus if his comeback re the egg problems was “they were perfect” - you can’t say that because didn’t taste them. It suited them to think the other couples were game players than admit they’re not the perfect place.

I think there’s a chance the two couples conferred before scoring but equally they could’ve both just been pissed off at his nitpicking and game playing.

Reactions: 3
The first two to host this week were nauseating. I wondered if they were conjoined or keeping each other alive through oxygen exchange from the wrist 🥺
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. The husband couldn’t even drive the car without the two of them hanging off each other. So bizarre!

Reactions: 6
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. The husband couldn’t even drive the car without the two of them hanging off each other. So bizarre!
And always introducing her as "my lovely wife". 🤢
---
I've watched all this week's episodes now and I don't think Dean and Abbey should have been given any airtime on payment day. If you have a tantrum and drop out then that's you out, gone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Well that was weird. It must be so frustrating when couples pull out once the filming of the has started but I can’t think what else they could do other than leave them in.

I wasn’t surprised by Dean and Abi not going to payment date. He hyped up his breakfast but a cooked buffet breakfast is never a total success. Plus if his comeback re the egg problems was “they were perfect” - you can’t say that because didn’t taste them. It suited them to think the other couples were game players than admit they’re not the perfect place.
Neither of the couples mentioned egg gate to Dean or his daughter, so didn’t give them a chance to put it right. I think they’d all probably had a gutsful of his boasting and criticism by then so thought they’d save it for the payments/feedback episode.

Neither of the couples mentioned egg gate to Dean or his daughter, so didn’t give them a chance to put it right. I think they’d all probably had a gutsful of his boasting and criticism by then so thought they’d save it for the payments/feedback episode.
100%, it was like the hairdryer the other week - at least tell them and give them a chance to change it! He could’ve done that with the crispy bacon at place one too but yeah, I think they were happy he gave them good reason to be harsh.

Honestly, the PDAs from the other couples were pretty bleugh, it was like they were worried the other would run off if they didn’t hold their hand 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m just catching up on this weeks…..OMG can they not leave each other alone?!?!?

you are a grown-up couple!! Not lovesick teenagers!

PUT EACH OTHER DOWN!!!! 🤮

• Haha
Anyone watching this weeks?
I couldn’t understand when the hosts said they couldn’t cook breakfast because the kitchen wasn’t done but were being filmed in the kitchen which looked fine to me!

Anyone watching this weeks?
I couldn’t understand when the hosts said they couldn’t cook breakfast because the kitchen wasn’t done but were being filmed in the kitchen which looked fine to me!
The croissants looked pleasant, but I’d not pay £10 for that. Quite an unusual pairing, but they took the feedback well

Hope the Gateshead pair ruffle some feathers

Reactions: 1
Bet the hosts on tonight's show upped their game on the breakfast all the fresh fruit yogherts etc. Bet its normally more basic than that

Reactions: 2
Think Emmanuel is going to be necessarily picky in paybackfor his feedback. To say he was concerned about using the towel because
of the one hair was just too dramatic.

I couldn’t have slept in a bed that had a brown stain and no way should they be charging 10 quid for a croissant and some fruit salad 🤣

Didn’t love the second place either. The decor was awful and it slush felt like it was stuck in a time warp. The hosts are lovely though.

Reactions: 3