Formula 1 Wags #218. Will Spain end the pain of Carlos' waiting game?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carlos' issue is that his egos getting in the way. The cousin manager has told him he's better and more respected than he actually is. He can't go off grid for a year and expect to make it back into the kind of team he wants because he's just not good enough. No championships, 3 wins despite 4 years in a Ferrari. He'd be coming back to a midfield team... and he's got the choice of the midfield teams right now. Plus if one of them nails the regs and is competitive, you'll see better drivers after those seats!

Suck it up and take the Williams seat. Yes Alpine might be better if they get the Merc engine, but there's every chance they decide actually they need to keep a french factory for appearances sake. Alpine can afford to drag signing the other driver as long as they like since they've locked Pierre in and the alternatives aren't on the grid - if they tell their second choice Jack Doohan in February that he's driving, he'll be buzzing. Carlos cannot wait that long, because Williams isn't going to wait that long before just nabbing Esteban and getting it over and done with.
Yeah, one thing is that I don't think where he signs is actually his decision. He might say what he prefers, but he'll go where Senior says. (or they manipulate him to think that's what he wants)
Which I still think should have been Sauber/Audi. If he had an actual chance at Mercedes (the real one, not the one with engine only ;)), then ok, I'd understand the hesitation. But if he is choosing from Williams / Alpine / Haas, then Audi would be the best as there he could actually be a part of development and could be a hero if the team manages to get good.
The thing with Alpine, even if they get Merc engine, they will never be Merc's priority and the engine itself might not mean anything.

Reactions: 5
Carlos' issue is that his egos getting in the way. The cousin manager has told him he's better and more respected than he actually is. He can't go off grid for a year and expect to make it back into the kind of team he wants because he's just not good enough. No championships, 3 wins despite 4 years in a Ferrari. He'd be coming back to a midfield team... and he's got the choice of the midfield teams right now. Plus if one of them nails the regs and is competitive, you'll see better drivers after those seats!

Suck it up and take the Williams seat. Yes Alpine might be better if they get the Merc engine, but there's every chance they decide actually they need to keep a french factory for appearances sake. Alpine can afford to drag signing the other driver as long as they like since they've locked Pierre in and the alternatives aren't on the grid - if they tell their second choice Jack Doohan in February that he's driving, he'll be buzzing. Carlos cannot wait that long, because Williams isn't going to wait that long before just nabbing Esteban and getting it over and done with.
Williams might not be an option ...
IMG_5184.jpeg

Reactions: 6
I know this is a guinea pig, but I so wish it was a hamster! 🤣 A picture speaks a thousand words.
IMG_5185.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Damn Will Buxton dropping all kinds of chaos hints (he's ben pretty right all season)
-Williams tired of waiting and may go for DANIEL?
-Carlos Sr went into Merc to check on the Engine situation

Also Kimi Antonelli most likely signed something with Toto yesterday

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Williams might not be an option ...
View attachment 3025814
They're doing this to make it clear they're not waiting anymore, he needs to go and sign on the dotted line tonight. They'll want an announcement for Silverstone.

Damn Will Buxton dropping all kinds of chaos hints (he's ben pretty right all season)
-Williams tired of waiting and may go for DANIEL?
-Carlos Sr went into Merc to check on the Engine situation

Also Kimi Antonelli most likely signed something with Toto yesterday
Daniel 😂 Alex gets to keep bullying weak teammates and becoming more and more overhyped in that case.

Reactions: 1
As it's nearly lights out and we're near the end of the thread, I was about to suggest a new title of "Is it P45 for Carlos?", a play on F1 terminology, but then I realised it only works if you're British or know what a P45 is 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.