Formula 1 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off we go again. Sebastian Vettel has stunned us with the news of his impending retirement. Max leads the driver’s championship. We are in Budapest for the Hungarian GP (Round 13) which is the last race before the summer break.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I watched at lunch some of FP1 and the Mercs were sound good. Get in to see FP2 ending and they had a nightmare! Oh dear back to drawing board.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I sincerely hope not 😤

Also which drivers Daddy is richer???
the clash of dad’s little princes!!!

last i heard mazepin was trying to take legal action against the fia so who knows? i feel like papa stroll is richer but purely because papa mazepin seems shadier and i don’t know much about him.

I sincerely hope not 😤

Also which drivers Daddy is richer???
God please no. We don’t want Mazepin back nor do we want Stroll. It’s so unfair that these kids get seats based purely on their daddy’s finances. There’s kids out there with raw talent who don’t have a rich father to help them out who just need to be given a chance. I understand the money has to come from somewhere but surely these large well established teams have plenty of money behind them anyway?! Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it seems so unfair to me that you could be the most talented driver but if you haven’t got funds for it then you get forgotten!

Reactions: 4
Someone made a good point that Laurence will only pick someone he likes and that will make his son feel better so who knows what the heck AM will pull?

Someone made a good point that Laurence will only pick someone he likes and that will make his son feel better so who knows what the heck AM will pull?
Make his son feel better, well not many like him currently so good luck with that 1. Ocon never had the money but joined Merc so it can happen (to another point raised earlier) they might go for a rookie but like you say who knows with AM. At least Seb had the knowledge

yep - i think more importantly they’ll pick someone who isn’t a threat to lance. this is laurence’s chance to really make him number one driver. i think i said in the last thread that i could see him going for an older dependable driver (who has never won or been close to a wdc) rather than some bright younger driver who may outperform lance.

we’ll see though!

Reactions: 2
yep - i think more importantly they’ll pick someone who isn’t a threat to lance. this is laurence’s chance to really make him number one driver. i think i said in the last thread that i could see him going for an older dependable driver (who has never won or been close to a wdc) rather than some bright younger driver who may outperform lance.

we’ll see though!
Someone joked and said Latifi 😂😂 it won’t happen but was worth a giggle

• Haha
Someone joked and said Latifi 😂😂 it won’t happen but was worth a giggle
i was honestly about to write “a latifi type” on my post 🤣🤣

it won’t happen, but i do feel that’s the type of driver laurence will want. promoting hulkenberg would probably work for that purpose too. i’ll eat my words if they get someone young and keen though 🤣

also this very brief twitter video has me intrigued this morning. both because they all look like students being really late with their homework and because i want to know what they’re voting for! do we know? no one in the comments seems sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
i was honestly about to write “a latifi type” on my post 🤣🤣

it won’t happen, but i do feel that’s the type of driver laurence will want. promoting hulkenberg would probably work for that purpose too. i’ll eat my words if they get someone young and keen though 🤣

also this very brief twitter video has me intrigued this morning. both because they all look like students being really late with their homework and because i want to know what they’re voting for! do we know? no one in the comments seems sure.

Maybe the next driver liasion after Seb retires? Seb and George currently are so a new 1 is needed next season. So could be that.
Or the sarcastic person I am, to vote for Aston Martins new driver next season 😉 the poor bugger!

Maybe the next driver liasion after Seb retires? Seb and George currently are so a new 1 is needed next season. So could be that.
Or the sarcastic person I am, to vote for Aston Martins new driver next season 😉 the poor bugger!
oh, good thinking! i wonder who it’ll be 🧐 lewis looks like he’s writing a full essay. i wish it was a longer clip!

i can imagine them all writing “not me” to your second point 🤣

They’ve done a new drive it out video about abuse after all those issues in the crowd a few races ago.

More racists issues at Hungary 😡 Jennie Gow has been tweeting about it. They need to clamp down more on this. It is not acceptable.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
More racists issues at Hungary 😡 Jennie Gow has been tweeting about it. They need to clamp down more on this. It is not acceptable.
Also I don’t know if anyone has seen the video of Max fans burning more Hamilton merchandise.
It’s abhorrent. The continuing escalation is incredibly concerning.
The FIA can keep coming up with these slick PR videos and slogans like drive it out and we race as one but there’s no momentum behind it and fans like those just won’t take any notice.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Also I don’t know if anyone has seen the video of Max fans burning more Hamilton merchandise.
It’s abhorrent. The continuing escalation is incredibly concerning.
The FIA can keep coming up with these slick PR videos and slogans like drive it out and we race as one but there’s no momentum behind it and fans like those just won’t take any notice.
Yes! Videos are not going to make a difference. Anyone making derogatory racial comments, and engaging in racial behaviour should be banned from attending races. Liberty needs to deal with the perps in a harsher way.

I would like to think Max would come out and say he’s appalled by this, but I won’t hold my breath. I like Max but he needs to step up big time as it’s his fans!
Anyone found being racists needs to be ejected from the track and banned for life. Burning merchandise is beyond disgusting.

If I was a driver and I saw any videos of these racists wearing my merch I would be absolutely mortified and worried people would think they represent me. I don’t understand how he isn’t coming out and saying something.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.