Formula 1 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched the race - would just like to say a well done to Yuki. Thought he drove a solid race.
LOVED that podium 🧡💙🧡💙
Ngl but kinda feel sorry for Lewis. After the end of the season, he defo didn’t need a crappy car to get him back in the groove and fighting for the title. Hope he’s doing OK mentally
yuki is having a great start to the season! also i love the dynamic between him and pierre - it’s lovely to see him doing well.

i wonder about lewis too. i do wonder when he may retire, he seems to have so many interests outside f1 that i could see him wanting to move on, especially if the car continues like it is. to know you lost a record breaking wdc because of “human error” must still sting though :(
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Also here for the Yuki love! Think he had a fantastic drive at the weekend. Also really lovely to see the working relationship between him and Pierre. He’s definitely mellowed since last season! 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Wow, that’s so exciting. I went back in 2008, it rained all weekend but we did see Seb win his first race.
I hope you get nice weather, it always looks so pretty on tv. I don’t know if it’s still the same but on race day the trains were all free to the circuit. There’s a little station at one end. It was well organised despite the crowds.
I’m so excited for you, I love monza.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Wow, that’s so exciting. I went back in 2008, it rained all weekend but we did see Seb win his first race.
I hope you get nice weather, it always looks so pretty on tv. I don’t know if it’s still the same but on race day the trains were all free to the circuit. There’s a little station at one end. It was well organised despite the crowds.
I’m so excited for you, I love monza.
Thank you! I hope it stays dry. We will be in the grandstand opposite the pits. We decided to splurge so I think it will be covered. As a Mclaren fan I would love a repeat of last year!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Sky are reporting the Miami GP next week might be under threat due to both race directors testing positive for Covid. Both were at Imola.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Been seeing a couple of rumours flying around recently (I'm taking them with a pinch of salt)
One of which is that there is rumoured to be a driver swap this season (likely Latifi for Piastri- not sure how likely this is though, a couple of other drivers names have been mentioned)
The other one is that Piastri is likely going to Williams next year (and probably to replace Albon). Would be a shame if this one is true though as Albon deserves the seat way more than Latifi

I've also seen one other about who Maclaren are looking to get in 2024 (with Ricciardo leaving then), can't actually remember then name of the person other than that they were American as they are hoping to boost the fan base over there

Again, seen most of these on social media so not sure how true any of them are
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Been seeing a couple of rumours flying around recently (I'm taking them with a pinch of salt)
One of which is that there is rumoured to be a driver swap this season (likely Latifi for Piastri- not sure how likely this is though, a couple of other drivers names have been mentioned)
The other one is that Piastri is likely going to Williams next year (and probably to replace Albon). Would be a shame if this one is true though as Albon deserves the seat way more than Latifi

I've also seen one other about who Maclaren are looking to get in 2024 (with Ricciardo leaving then), can't actually remember then name of the person other than that they were American as they are hoping to boost the fan base over there

Again, seen most of these on social media so not sure how true any of them are
i would LOVE to see piastri get the opportunity! i think there are certainly two or three drivers there at the moment who are off the pace (in the nicest possible way) and probably need to step aside for
some new talent - latifi being one of them. i could definitely see it.

the maclaren one is interesting! i definitely think danny ricc isn’t much longer for f1 but i can’t think of an american likely to step in. i know they work closely with pato o’ward but he’s obviously mexican 🤣
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I've also seen one other about who Maclaren are looking to get in 2024 (with Ricciardo leaving then), can't actually remember then name of the person other than that they were American as they are hoping to boost the fan base over there
Pato O’ward?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Been seeing a couple of rumours flying around recently (I'm taking them with a pinch of salt)
One of which is that there is rumoured to be a driver swap this season (likely Latifi for Piastri- not sure how likely this is though, a couple of other drivers names have been mentioned)
The other one is that Piastri is likely going to Williams next year (and probably to replace Albon). Would be a shame if this one is true though as Albon deserves the seat way more than Latifi

I've also seen one other about who Maclaren are looking to get in 2024 (with Ricciardo leaving then), can't actually remember then name of the person other than that they were American as they are hoping to boost the fan base over there

Again, seen most of these on social media so not sure how true any of them are
I think it good for some new drivers to be entered I agree Latifi has had so much chance and not really done much. Albon is back after a season or 2 out but he deserves the seat more. Danny Ric will have no where to go after 2024 so he'll be seatless. I have a feeling Seb will retire 😢 along with Hamilton both maybe next season. Daddy's boy stroll were stuck with
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
i would LOVE to see piastri get the opportunity! i think there are certainly two or three drivers there at the moment who are off the pace (in the nicest possible way) and probably need to step aside for
some new talent - latifi being one of them. i could definitely see it.

the maclaren one is interesting! i definitely think danny ricc isn’t much longer for f1 but i can’t think of an american likely to step in. i know they work closely with pato o’ward but he’s obviously mexican 🤣
I've just had a look through twitter where I saw it and the name mentioned was Colton Herta. Apparently he was signed a month ago as a McLaren development driver

It would be great to see Piastri in F1- he 100% deserves it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I've just had a look through twitter where I saw it and the name mentioned was Colton Herta. Apparently he was signed a month ago as a McLaren development driver

It would be great to see Piastri in F1- he 100% deserves it
oooo i just had a google (have to say he looks WAY older than 22, sorry colton). given zac brown’s contacts and obvious influence in indycar i could see them making a move like that.

agreed on piastri! i was one of the people who thought he should have come in over zhou (not that zhou has been bad) - it is a shame atm that your opportunities in f1 as a young driver seem based on how much money or sponsorship you can bring in, or what market you’re going to appeal to, i get it’s a business but still!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
oooo i just had a google (have to say he looks WAY older than 22, sorry colton). given zac brown’s contacts and obvious influence in indycar i could see them making a move like that.

agreed on piastri! i was one of the people who thought he should have come in over zhou (not that zhou has been bad) - it is a shame atm that your opportunities in f1 as a young driver seem based on how much money or sponsorship you can bring in, or what market you’re going to appeal to, i get it’s a business but still!
That was literally my thought too when I saw his photo-I would genuinely have guessed like 30 until I checked his age :ROFLMAO:

Yes- I did want Piastri over Zhou too, but Zhou has grown on me- he's not been a bad driver so far
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.