Formula 1 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
pre season testing is in february at least
Do they televise that? That's a really long break man lol.
What about f2? Does that start together or earlier?

Also, since this is a purist F1 chat. I've seen the highlights from last season's Turkish GP.
What are your predictions for it? Drama or no drama? I think Ferrari might do well with the upgrade.

Do they televise that? That's a really long break man lol.
What about f2? Does that start together or earlier?
its on F1TV yeah

F2 usually races in Bahrain always, so they should start at the same weekend

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Fairly new to F1, I’m a bit lost about what the 2022 regulations will include exactly… can someone kindly enlighten me, pretty please? 🤓

Reactions: 3
Fairly new to F1, I’m a bit lost about what the 2022 regulations will include exactly… can someone kindly enlighten me, pretty please? 🤓
Easy answer. Nope as I am confused as hell.🤣 Maybe best place is F1 website as it should be on there. The budget caps get me. But hey I am.no expert on F1 just like watching it and dream 1 day of being there but not on my wages 😒 so just watch on tv.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I found this article helpful when they unveiled the new car.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...l-new-2022-f1-car.4OLg8DrXyzHzdoGrbqp6ye.html

Basically it's to try and promote "closer" racing and more overtakes. Increased safety and some new features which probably make the car more durable.

I think the big thing is budget caps. In the last few decades the teams with the biggest budgets could spend more on developments, in-season upgrades, they'd poach from other team's employees to gain more skills and insight. Now the teams will be closer financially so the hope is that the likes of Williams and Haas, the small budget teams, can be a bit more competitive against the Mercs and Red Bulls, but how effective that will be remains to be seen.

Reactions: 10
Completely agree, it's one thing to have a chit-chat about a person's behaviour/their actions but that thread got nasty, aggressive and vulgar. Sometimes it's best not to waste time arguing with people who are committed to misunderstanding you. It's literally a wags thread yet got mocked for wanting to talk about wags, make it make sense... they seem to want to tear other women down for simply looking at Lando. It's actually disturbing and the thread becomes hostile and nasty. Got tiring. I was trying to be polite and let people know there's another F1 thread here in the nicest way possible and a few decided to make it into some huge deal, simply due to their fragile ego and their inability to read correctly. Weirdo behaviour putting other women down just for being connected to drivers and being creepy/sexualising drivers. Weirdo pack mentality in there. There is no need to drag other women down simply because they're enjoying life and hurting nobody.

No point in wasting time in such a place, when there are plenty of positive and supportive threads around with decent people in them. I think a mod deleted a few comments. They seem to be projecting a lot, very immature, hypocritical and uncouth. The world feels crappy enough as it is, there's no need for the unwarranted nastiness/bad vibes that is going on in there. People should be judged on their actions and who they are as a person, in general, not what they may look like. Unfortunately, girls and women are already necessarily judged harshly enough.

On a positive note, what are everyone's predictions for the F1 Turkish Grand Prix this week? 🎉 I'm curious, which of the remaining tracks this year are considered the most difficult? Who do we all think will win the F1 Championship?

I can't believe the season is almost done. I am not ready for the winter break. I have never got into DTS. I always plan to watch it, but never do.
My favourite winter event is the skiing at Kitzbuhel with all the bulls and Seb. Yours?

Reactions: 5
I can't believe the season is almost done. I am not ready for the winter break. I have never got into DTS. I always plan to watch it, but never do.
My favourite winter event is the skiing at Kitzbuhel with all the bulls and Seb. Yours?
Me too! I feel like since the beginning of the pandemic, time feels like it's, unfortunately, going by so quickly but also standing still at the same time? I don't even know how to describe it. I enjoy my weekends regardless but having a race weekend just makes it that much better. Seb is easily one of my favourites, basically, anything he does feels genuine and pure. 😊

Drive to Survive is actually so good! I was also a bit hesitant to watch it at first, because I wasn't sure if it would be my thing or how they would have portrayed F1 but it's quite an enjoyable watch to see how they all act and what goes on behind closed doors. It's actually one of the best shows I've seen in a while, the cinematography of the tracks, cars, locations, pits is amazing. Would definitely recommend it next time you want to watch something relaxing or easy going.

Reactions: 8
We binge-watched DTS starting with season 3 as it was the most recent. It’s very addictive and we then watched 1&2. It’s very well done.

Reactions: 6
Seems like it might be the power-unit change GP this weekend.
Rumors of some other teams as well as Mercedes doing it this week.

Reactions: 7
"And in a surprising turn of events its the two Haas locking out the front row"

I've heard maybe Ferrari and a Williams. So could be at least 3 teams and maybe a McLaren...
Now that would make an even more interesting start 😂
A McLaren? Oh nooo

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sainz is a definite as it's on the F1 site.
Lewis surely needs one? Rain is forecast so he could be lucky like Max was.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.