Fopperholic #5 boys are sick abroad, what a drag, at least she has that Gucci changing bag!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know what I can’t get over, how on the trolley post everyone’s making out like they’re retrieving a trolley from Outer Mongolia?! Literal common sense is don’t park miles away from them?! Park near one, lock the car doors, run and back. Knowing her though she’d probably take her phone out, check it three times and then get her mirror out and pout on the way back🤪 But why is everyone acting like it’s such a big deal in the comments?! You’re not going in the cafe having a cuppa whilst the babies are sat in the car are you, silly billys!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I do not believe for a second that a lactation consultant wouldn't first and foremost address the frequency of expressions. It's expressing rule number 1.

I had to pump due to latch issues and I had a full timetable written up for me by the midwife.

Of course it's every few hrs and especially important through the night when prolactin levels are higher.

It was too much trouble for you Nikki, admit it, there's no shame. It *is* a hard slog. Just stop lying through your bleached teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Do you know what I can’t get over, how on the trolley post everyone’s making out like they’re retrieving a trolley from Outer Mongolia?! Literal common sense is don’t park miles away from them?! Park near one, lock the car doors, run and back. Knowing her though she’d probably take her phone out, check it three times and then get her mirror out and pout on the way back🤪 But why is everyone acting like it’s such a big deal in the comments?! You’re not going in the cafe having a cuppa whilst the babies are sat in the car are you, silly billys!
I remember when I first had my daughter, when I stopped for petrol I would get her out of the car and take her in to pay for it.... then realized that it wasn’t really the done thing and that she would be fine in the car for two minutes.... you can see them the whole time anyway!

Hopefully not just me!?

Reactions: 14
I remember when I first had my daughter, when I stopped for petrol I would get her out of the car and take her in to pay for it.... then realized that it wasn’t really the done thing and that she would be fine in the car for two minutes.... you can see them the whole time anyway!

Hopefully not just me!?
I still do this with my 5 year old 🙈 I suffer really bad anxiety and had PND. It's one of my "things" that the car will spontaneously combust or I'll drop dead and nobody will know the kid is in the car.

I acknowledge that this is ridiculous and I'm mental tho.

Reactions: 6
I do not believe for a second that a lactation consultant wouldn't first and foremost address the frequency of expressions. It's expressing rule number 1.

I had to pump due to latch issues and I had a full timetable written up for me by the midwife.

Of course it's every few hrs and especially important through the night when prolactin levels are higher.

It was too much trouble for you Nikki, admit it, there's no shame. It *is* a hard slog. Just stop lying through your bleached teeth.
I exclusively pumped for my eldest daughter when she was born at 5lbs and faced with my huge basketballs and a tongue tie she just hated being put to the boob. So I hired a medela hosp grade and pumped every two hours and bottle fed the milk. It was one of the hardest things ever, as well as sleep deprivation and your haywire hormones! But I wanted her to have my milk so fought through it for 6 months. The very first thing my MW told me was that I would have to pump every couple of hours l, and it’ll be relentless if this was the route I wanted. I will not accept that noone told her, especially a lactation consultant, about keeping her supply up, and she must have known because I remember her talking about power pumping?! It’s just fopperbollocks.com again.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I exclusively pumped for my eldest daughter when she was born at 5lbs and faced with my huge basketballs and a tongue tie she just hated being put to the boob. So I hired a medela hosp grade and pumped every two hours and bottle fed the milk. It was one of the hardest things ever, as well as sleep deprivation and your haywire hormones! But I wanted her to have my milk so fought through it for 6 months. The very first thing my MW told me was that I would have to pump every couple of hours l, and it’ll be relentless if this was the route I wanted. I will not accept that noone told her, especially a lactation consultant, about keeping her supply up, and she must have known because I remember her talking about power pumping?! It’s just fopperbollocks.com again.
Very similar scenario over here. Breastfeeding is bleeping hard work - no getting away from it. I was adamant that I would do it come what may, but it took hard work, perseverance, dedication and a lot of sacrifice. Not criticizing those that bottle feed but my mum is a big breastfeeding advocate and it was just not negotiable for me.

If you just don’t want to do it, that’s your choice - absolutely each to their own, but don’t blame other people for your decision!

Reactions: 7
💯

Same here. I was determined and thankfully she latched after 3 odd weeks but those expressing days were hell, especially at night with having to faf with bottles and then feed her the expressed milk.

Also. Why does she keep referring to her milk supply as her "flow" it's not a period.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Everything’s such a flamin drama with her but it’s all for engagement isn’t it She needs to give her head a wobble put the phone down and knuckle down and be a normal parent she is no internet superstar she never will be so come on love just get on with it like the rest of us are doing Your tomorrows chip paper at the end of the day

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I still do this with my 5 year old 🙈 I suffer really bad anxiety and had PND. It's one of my "things" that the car will spontaneously combust or I'll drop dead and nobody will know the kid is in the car.

I acknowledge that this is ridiculous and I'm mental tho.
Totally not ridiculous, I find myself thinking of every eventuality for situations too 🙈 and I don't want to freak you even more but my husband once got stuck inside the petrol station kiosk as the shutter automatically started to come down and it took about 10 minutes for the staff to fix it and my oldest son (3 at the time) was in the car on the petrol forecourt 😩 but the staff said over the tanoy and a lovely lady went over and stood chatting through the window and all was ok 😊 I now try and get petrol on my commute to work when I'm alone 🙈

• Wow
Totally not ridiculous, I find myself thinking of every eventuality for situations too 🙈 and I don't want to freak you even more but my husband once got stuck inside the petrol station kiosk as the shutter automatically started to come down and it took about 10 minutes for the staff to fix it and my oldest son (3 at the time) was in the car on the petrol forecourt 😩 but the staff said over the tanoy and a lovely lady went over and stood chatting through the window and all was ok 😊 I now try and get petrol on my commute to work when I'm alone 🙈
Christ almighty!! How bloody scary 👀 glad it was ok tho x

• Heart
Christ almighty!! How bloody scary 👀 glad it was ok tho x
Yeah, when he told me the first thing I thought was if that had been me I probably would've smashed the shop window to climb out 😂😂 thank you ❤ but yeah, never in my right mind would I think about phoning ahead for a reserved trolley rather than leave 2 in the car for 10 seconds 🙈 x

Only watched the breastfeeding and sitting up spiel -
1. If she was SOOOOOOO determined to breastfeed, if she spent 3 seconds googling how to pump instead of going to Costa etc she would find SOOOOOOO much motherfucking information. Along with asking midwives. Health visitors. Any. Human
Being.
Absolute horseshit!
2. Didn't know you had to sit them up? And only when people commented she said "oh tit" 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

She's just the gift that keeps giving - imagine how uhmazing those boys lives could be if she put down her bleeping phone for 2 minutes. Or actually did some research into child development (here's a hint Fopps - bounty send you annoying emails every month with developmental milestone info") 🙄🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
duck me, I’m not even a Mum yet (18 weeks pregnant) and even I know you need to be pumping every couple of hours to keep your supply up. She’s full of bullshit.

Reactions: 7
Fopperholic #6 - She’ll delete your comment if you don’t agree, because shes a supermum to twins y’see!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I started watching it but I can't bear to continue. She's preaching about how she's GOT to be allowed to make mistakes and GOT to be allowed to learn on the job like any other new mum. That's all so well and good and of course any new parent has to learn as they go along but she is having a laugh if she thinks that she can pass off not knowing to sit them up as something that people learn as they go. Its something that 100% comes with instinct, which as we all know she doesn't have or failing that you read up on these things, google, talk to friends, download the development apps. She's got a million other apps on her phone yet doesn't have one single baby app that tells you what they're meant to be doing at that stage? Her mum is probably too scared of offending or upsetting her to give her any advice as everything is taken as a criticism and she's GOT to be allowed to learn these things by herself, except she doesn't and that's the problem. Surely when she's attended baby groups she's seen what other mums are doing? Or is she too busy looking at her phone or her comments to be paying attention? Or what about when she's met friends with babies? My friends always used to ask is she sitting up yet? Is she on the move? These are basic things that you talk about. Or is she too busy talking about herself? Has her mum not sat them up when she's looked after them and has that not made her think oh maybe I should do that? I guess she's not around to notice as she'd be off having some 'me' time. She is an absolute joke of a woman and what makes it worse is that she is now trying to preach advice to others about how to look after their children. I can't even see the funny side anymore, she's beyond belief

Reactions: 17
Dear god, I knew she wasn’t the brightest but that video takes it to a whole new level! How could you not know you have to sit babies up? And if I had drank a shot every time she said “Amazing”, “So yeah”, “like”, “you know” or “really” I’d probably have died of alcohol poisoning - for someone with a degree her vocabulary is very limited! I’m also perplexed as to why she was banging on so much about regretting not breastfeeding - I totally understand why normal people would feel like that but I think a few months of not breastfeeding is small fry compared to all the things she should really feel guilty about (chicken pox saga, going on holiday with a sick baby, not being able to bath her kids without help, not sitting them up, sticking her phone in their faces all the time etc etc!)

Reactions: 16

It made me laugh when she was saying to keep flow you have to pump 'every couple of hours LITERALLY DAY AND NIGHT!'
Like this was some massive thing no one else can comprehend or had experienced.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So she meets up with NCT mums, sees other mums at swimming, sees other mums at monkey music and yet the conversation never came up about sitting up? Really??????

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.