Fopperholic #5 boys are sick abroad, what a drag, at least she has that Gucci changing bag!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Credit where credit is due to Fopps - she really can think of the most ridiculous ways to get people commenting

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Now this should be interesting, let me start you off....
Advising exercise so soon after a section.
Continuing your life as if your babies didn’t exist.
Blaming them for giving up your job.
Constantly buying tat to make hauls rather than teaching your boys to sit up.
Starving yourself and bragging about being a size 8.
Making a % of your followers feel tit for not having a post partum body like yours.
Being tit at SW../

How many of those regrets will we see......
I wonder if one of her regrets is mentioning Tattle in that video from ages ago....that’s what brought me here 😂🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Credit where credit is due to Fopps - she really can think of the most ridiculous ways to get people commenting
Thing is she’s asking for advice on something she’s clearly already done as there in a trolley! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Bless her heart. She’s really is one sandwich short of a picnic.

Although, I guess really she’s half a sandwich short. Because she ate half a sandwich once you know. #Starving

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No wonder she hinted about dropping the SW content on insta :Chicken salad - 640 likes. Twins in trolley - 3495 likes.

Reactions: 10
Thing is she’s asking for advice on something she’s clearly already done as there in a trolley! 🙄
Sorry I meant in relation to the post above "hit me with your favourite chicken and egg jokes"
I'm sadly blocked after the Martin Luther King fiasco so am missing all the juice unless it's screenshotted here😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
No wonder she hinted about dropping the SW content on insta :Chicken salad - 640 likes. Twins in trolley - 3495 likes.
That’s what fucks me off the most about her. She has amassed this following and is now exploiting it with cute pictures of the twins to dickheads going insane for all her posts. All the likes just validate her shocking, crappy, terrible parenting. She will see these 3.5k likes and think that means she’s UH-MAZING even though the twins are both so far behind their developmental milestones and will likely go into primary school talking in weird accents because they’ve been fired in front of YouTube and the TV while their selfish, vain, materialistic parents build their social media following.

Beyond when she’s filming I bet she barely speaks to those boys... bloody tragic.

The video is mostly a response to tattle but without her saying so. Ie the whole twins not sitting up thing. Also some crying at the end so she can use it in the thumbnail

Reactions: 7
I've flicked through 10 minutes of her new video, so to summarise these are a waste of money:

Movement monitors as she never bothered putting them out and people told her they cause more worry

Bugaboo pram are too wide for some shops, restraunts and pavements. So she's going to sell it 😬 (was this a gifted pram?)

Sit up bath supports are better than lay down ones and now they sit up she's bought a mat version instead 🙈

Designer clothes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sociology and why people do things fascinates so I’m sorry if I bore people with this. But why do we all think some accounts get big and some don’t etc? Jsg openly said that she started doing her food posts as she read about swfeebs, and seen how it helped her lose loads, so she decided to make an account. Now she’s over 200k and feebs is still under 100, I’m not really bothered about the actual numbers game etc but I wonder what it is, that makes a few zoom into over 200 and then a hell of a lot are under that?! Sw_danielle does well I think because of her low syn desserts and most people have a sweet tooth and find them helpful! But jsg hasnt been a weightloss account for years even though she’s a consultant so I wonder why she still has that many following her?! Can it really be that people just like their personalities?! I’m really intrigued by all that kind of bonkers....sorry about me 🤓😎
So I teach Sociology and funnily enough I was thinking about this yesterday. I don’t know if you genuinely wanted an answer, but anyway.... these are my thoughts 😂

1. I think Instagram has had its day... the age where nobodies get instafamous over night has gone, life of lil, Fopperholic etc are lucky that they were in the right place at the right time and started off with content which naturally evolved with their follower count.

2. With a lot of these people it’s a mistake to think that it’s happened accidentally - most of the successful ones seem to be from monied backgrounds - Harry Pickard, Fopperholic, Mrs Hinch (both her and her husband have been proved to be successful marketing professionals before her fame kicked off) to a certain extent people like It’s Danielle’s journey etc... all own their houses at a young age etc and I dare say have spent some of that money buying followers and raising their social media profile.

3. To a certain extent it depends on the personality of people - remember all the ‘squad’ nights out where some would be desperate to associate themselves with other instagrammers - remember the odd groupings of people going out together and taking loads of pictures which were plastered all over Instagram, never to be seen in a room with each other again. Just a ploy to steal each other’s followers! If you are that way inclined then you gain more followers. I frankly am antisocial and can’t be arsed spending time with people I don’t like for some free tit!

4. Time and priorities. If you have a job which requires less commitment, don’t work or are a full time mum who is happy to sit on your phone all day recording narcissistic material - then you are more likely to have a page which takes off rather than someone else!

5. With some Of the big accounts, once you take away the historic followers (who don’t use insta anymore, the paid for followers/bots and the hate follows then I wouldn’t have thought there is much left!

Ultimately I genuinely think that the bubble is due to burst, on other threads I have seen articles posted the last few days about certain companies choosing to steer well clear of influencer advertising now as they can see that it devalues their brand and comes across insincere when people OMG love their product so much then never mention it again as it gets lost in a sea of ads, even ‘successful accounts ‘ are bouncing around for content - sw to ww to HDE etc dependent on what the latest fad is to get a piece of the pie and people are seeing through it, hence why forums such as this are becoming more popular!

I teach media sociology and it’s important to remember that Instagram and other social media platforms are still relatively new... they are fascinating because we are watching first hand the evolution of them , we have 100% seen audiences start to become more clued up and questioning of the social media we consume and I think it will be so interesting over the next few years to see what happens to the likes of Fopperholic and her slimming world chums as well as bigger personalities like Hinch etc. Whilst they have made a fair bit of dosh, it won’t be enough to last them forever and then what? Especially when your whole life has been played out over Instagram and all your flaws are there for all to see? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So I teach Sociology and funnily enough I was thinking about this yesterday. I don’t know if you genuinely wanted an answer, but anyway.... these are my thoughts 😂

1. I think Instagram has had its day... the age where nobodies get instafamous over night has gone, life of lil, Fopperholic etc are lucky that they were in the right place at the right time and started off with content which naturally evolved with their follower count.

2. With a lot of these people it’s a mistake to think that it’s happened accidentally - most of the successful ones seem to be from monied backgrounds - Harry Pickard, Fopperholic, Mrs Hinch (both her and her husband have been proved to be successful marketing professionals before her fame kicked off) to a certain extent people like It’s Danielle’s journey etc... all own their houses at a young age etc and I dare say have spent some of that money buying followers and raising their social media profile.

3. To a certain extent it depends on the personality of people - remember all the ‘squad’ nights out where some would be desperate to associate themselves with other instagrammers - remember the odd groupings of people going out together and taking loads of pictures which were plastered all over Instagram, never to be seen in a room with each other again. Just a ploy to steal each other’s followers! If you are that way inclined then you gain more followers. I frankly am antisocial and can’t be arsed spending time with people I don’t like for some free tit!

4. Time and priorities. If you have a job which requires less commitment, don’t work or are a full time mum who is happy to sit on your phone all day recording narcissistic material - then you are more likely to have a page which takes off rather than someone else!

5. With some Of the big accounts, once you take away the historic followers (who don’t use insta anymore, the paid for followers/bots and the hate follows then I wouldn’t have thought there is much left!

Ultimately I genuinely think that the bubble is due to burst, on other threads I have seen articles posted the last few days about certain companies choosing to steer well clear of influencer advertising now as they can see that it devalues their brand and comes across insincere when people OMG love their product so much then never mention it again as it gets lost in a sea of ads, even ‘successful accounts ‘ are bouncing around for content - sw to ww to HDE etc dependent on what the latest fad is to get a piece of the pie and people are seeing through it, hence why forums such as this are becoming more popular!

I teach media sociology and it’s important to remember that Instagram and other social media platforms are still relatively new... they are fascinating because we are watching first hand the evolution of them , we have 100% seen audiences start to become more clued up and questioning of the social media we consume and I think it will be so interesting over the next few years to see what happens to the likes of Fopperholic and her slimming world chums as well as bigger personalities like Hinch etc. Whilst they have made a fair bit of dosh, it won’t be enough to last them forever and then what? Especially when your whole life has been played out over Instagram and all your flaws are there for all to see? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Love this post ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Love this post and would definitely agree the bubble is about to burst.

Kind of frightening when you think of Fopp and Ratboy and a vast majority of their eggs being in the social media basket! She’ll need to give up hairbands and shopping hauls.

• Haha
Love this post and would definitely agree the bubble is about to burst.

Kind of frightening when you think of Fopp and Ratboy and a vast majority of their eggs being in the social media basket! She’ll need to give up hairbands and shopping hauls.
It’s going to be interesting because it’s a completely new phenomena.... who knows what will happen, you can’t fall back on your insta game forever more 🤷🏻‍♀️. Plus what does it do to your mental health a to go from thinking you are a somebody to a nobody! When I was at university I did a module on the psychology of fame and celebrity and was lectured by Honey Lancaster James s who was the first resident psychologist on Big Brother. She left because she believed it to contravene too many ethical guidelines. Even in the preceding 10 years since I was at uni I ponder just how much the landscape of this type of ‘anyone can get famous quick’ media has changed. Interstingly Honey Lancaster James was on telly recently talking about reality stars committing suicide when the bubble burst and they found themselves in financial/personal difficulties. I know we make light a of a lot of this stuff, but I think the mental impact on some of these personalities to keep up appearances/ go back to real life once the bubble has burst will be profound.

I’m a geek and will shut up now! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Thankyou so much for this detailed reply and your thoughts! It was exactly what I was wanting, as I have had very similar thoughts myself! I think the success (if you want to call it that) of slimmingworld_jsg etc was indeed like you say right place right time. She came onto Instagram having seen others document their food diaries etc as that new community was just taking off. I also think the fact she did every single meal every day it started out actually really organically. She was consistent and it built steadily to the point when slimming world noticed. From the minute they reposted her transformation pics on fb and then Instagram etc, it reached more and more people, and then she literally snowballed with radio, tv appearances, lots of live videos interacting was at a peak etc. With Fopperholic she had already been moving in the slimming world circles of magazine shoots, and at the ball being recognised as one of the top areas for earning targets etc. So she come to the Instagram stage with experience behind her, and I remember thinking to myself ‘I’ve seen her in the magazine and I can follow her too and gain some tips’ She was attainable, & relatable at the time. I find it quite sad actually, that back then everyone seemed so genuine. I thought having their accounts to better themselves, and share tips and hints with other like minded people. It switched when people started getting pound signs in their eyes, that they could use their account for their own monetary gains. Then in came the sponsored ads and affiliate links, and you can really see how it has changed some people. Slimming world then themselves got in on the action, and did that blogger event to promote their Christmas campaign. It elevated the people around that table to be like “weightloss celebs” This is the point it all became too corporate for me, I understood slimming world was a business but I didn’t like the way this new wave of social media was having an enormous part in it all. I think this is where my cynicism began, and turned me off the whole dieting weightloss community! I used to think (naively probably) that other people who had their weight struggles like myself, were in it together. But seeing these ‘brand ambassadors’ being put on a pedestal, whilst being used to make money for the slimming companies as well as making themselves brands like “fopperholic” etc turned me off the whole shebang. I first went to slimming world nearly 20 years ago, so I did feel like it was close to me. Then seeing something relatively small, grow into this massive machine, with all these people on social media doing their own versions of the plan, is so frustrating. The lies they’ve told about losing x amount of weight when they have lost less, but lie about it to gain more followers and interest etc, it’s just so alien to me, because it was never about that in the beginning. I think part of me craves the world before social media took over! I’m also intrigued to see what happens next. We’ve already had the backlash starting with sites like us here, who can see through people now just using followers for monetary gains. Will there be a next big thing like instagram that everyone shifts over to, we’ve had MySpace, Facebook, Instagram so I’m not so sure tbh! I definitely didn’t see the weight loss community going like this though. Anyone got a time machine to go back ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thankyou so much for this detailed reply and your thoughts! It was exactly what I was wanting, as I have had very similar thoughts myself! I think the success (if you want to call it that) of slimmingworld_jsg etc was indeed like you say right place right time. She came onto Instagram having seen others document their food diaries etc as that new community was just taking off. I also think the fact she did every single meal every day it started out actually really organically. She was consistent and it built steadily to the point when slimming world noticed. From the minute they reposted her transformation pics on fb and then Instagram etc, it reached more and more people, and then she literally snowballed with radio, tv appearances, lots of live videos interacting was at a peak etc. With Fopperholic she had already been moving in the slimming world circles of magazine shoots, and at the ball being recognised as one of the top areas for earning targets etc. So she come to the Instagram stage with experience behind her, and I remember thinking to myself ‘I’ve seen her in the magazine and I can follow her too and gain some tips’ She was attainable, & relatable at the time. I find it quite sad actually, that back then everyone seemed so genuine. I thought having their accounts to better themselves, and share tips and hints with other like minded people. It switched when people started getting pound signs in their eyes, that they could use their account for their own monetary gains. Then in came the sponsored ads and affiliate links, and you can really see how it has changed some people. Slimming world then themselves got in on the action, and did that blogger event to promote their Christmas campaign. It elevated the people around that table to be like “weightloss celebs” This is the point it all became too corporate for me, I understood slimming world was a business but I didn’t like the way this new wave of social media was having an enormous part in it all. I think this is where my cynicism began, and turned me off the whole dieting weightloss community! I used to think (naively probably) that other people who had their weight struggles like myself, were in it together. But seeing these ‘brand ambassadors’ being put on a pedestal, whilst being used to make money for the slimming companies as well as making themselves brands like “fopperholic” etc turned me off the whole shebang. I first went to slimming world nearly 20 years ago, so I did feel like it was close to me. Then seeing something relatively small, grow into this massive machine, with all these people on social media doing their own versions of the plan, is so frustrating. The lies they’ve told about losing x amount of weight when they have lost less, but lie about it to gain more followers and interest etc, it’s just so alien to me, because it was never about that in the beginning. I think part of me craves the world before social media took over! I’m also intrigued to see what happens next. We’ve already had the backlash starting with sites like us here, who can see through people now just using followers for monetary gains. Will there be a next big thing like instagram that everyone shifts over to, we’ve had MySpace, Facebook, Instagram so I’m not so sure tbh! I definitely didn’t see the weight loss community going like this though. Anyone got a time machine to go back ☺
Totally... these original insta celebrities were very contrived, what started organically was soon whipped into a (often) corporate frenzy hence they have had so much success! Fopps knew what she was doing and SW got behind her and helped.

Not to derail the thread, but that’s what I have found fascinating about the new ‘insta cleaning community’ - they have come about completely off the back of Mrs Hinch’s fame and are trying to emulate it, however they are naive to the fact that it has been massively contrived and is completely unobtainable to most normal people, the same as any fame. Not to be rude, but my observations have been that most of the instagrammers who fall into this category of ‘cleaning accounts’ tend to be lower income and unemployed for various reasons and so the desperation for freebies and fame is even more obvious. Think about it.... who has time to film themselves obsessively cleaning their house daily unless you are at home all day - at least the weight loss accounts have to eat so it’s a bit more natural to post that! The old cleaning community literally has people openly begging for freebies and being very open in their desperation for followers, this is much more subtle in the weight loss account domain.

I see the cleaning instagrammers as what you would see if you lifted the cloak of at least trying to cover up their fame and money hungryness from the weight loss accounts. It’s hilarious to watch really!

DISCLAIMER: I am aware this involves a degree of generalisation. I do however think there is a pattern!

Reactions: 6
I thought Grayson looked a little like he had downs. But now he’s growing up looking like his dad more and more, his dad gives me lee Evans vibes too think it’s the ears...poor child!
And the eyes. I know what you mean, Chris looks very odd, a little afflicted.

Unsure if she’s really that thick or desperate for her sheep to engage by asking the stupidest question-probably both! Duh 🙄
Sadly it’s both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My deep posts aside for the moment 😆 ...who in their right mind thinks that phoning Tesco ahead for a trolley is a thing?!?! She really does think of herself as a special snowflake doesn’t she, such an entitled dimwit. Could you imagine Barbara on customer services desk taking that call: “you want a what love?” “Id like a twins trolley reserved and brought out to my Range Rover when I am about to breeze through the door, I’ll ring you with my Eta, I couldn’t possibly park next to a trolley bay and dart for one like any other normal human being” Babs on the tannoy eyerolling into next week “Can someone push a trolley out to the blonde woman in the white evoque” I mean really, who does she think she is at all. She’s now making something into an issue that really isn’t one. And how has she not gone shopping on her own in ten months of them boys being here?! Very very self sufficient though 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.