Fopperholic #33 Sacked by Slimming World and Lilash too. Fopps give up your “hobby”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if some poor staff at a small business trying to do what they can to stay open need this sort of hassle. They are probably the exact people who are struggling to make ends meet, who need a bit of help. But people on this thread think it's alright to send loads of messages having a go. God if I was trying to keep food on my table I'd do the same as them to get my name out there. It's fopp that should be ethical with what she's gifted.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She could have still helped them for their "marketing purposes" by showing it then saying we were very grateful for this fruit box but as we have everything we need we are going to pass it on to Mrs so and so down the road or the family across the road or drop it somewhere on our way to do our shop. She just doesnt see it, to her it's more free stuff which she loves, doesn't matter what she receives, to her receiving free stuff makes her feel important. You can't blame the cafe for doing it when they see she is local with a fair following but most of those followers won't be local so it'll have no benefit to them. She has annoyed me big time today, id message her but 1, it'll make no difference and 2, she stopped me commenting on her Facebook and blocked me on instagram. I do have a second Instagram that I use to view her but don't really want to make a third 😂

Reactions: 26
That’s dreadful! I live an hours drive away from ALL my side of the family...they still come to every birthday/Easter/family get together and we go to them! An hours drive isn’t much to have family time thats SOOOO IMPORTANT to her..or is it just HER family time 😤 how Chris puts up with her I will never know!!
Yep my parents live nearly 2 hours away and they came to my gender scan and they come to every event I have for the kids...Easter, Halloween, Birthdays. They never miss a thing even if they only come for a couple of hours as need to get back to the dog! God she’s selfish bet she didn’t even ask them.

Reactions: 13
Come on guys this poor small business doesn’t deserve insults and swear words messaged to them! Fair enough warn them that dear old Fopps isn’t the best person to advertise their business but do it with some compassion not abuse!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Come on guys this poor small business doesn’t deserve insults and swear words messaged to them! Fair enough warn them that dear old Fopps isn’t the best person to advertise their business but do it with some compassion not abuse!
Totally agree! Unlike Fopps and her ever growing money tree 🙄🤥 these small businesses need to make a living to provide for their families and keep a roof over their heads! If this gives them more custom then so be it...the person in the wrong is Fopps accepting anything that’s thrown at her! She should of accepted it then passed it on to someone more deserving! OR accepted it and told them to deliver it to someone they know needs it more!

Leave the nasty messages for here, don’t abuse a small business for just trying to make a living. As a small business owner myself I would hate to be on the receiving end of some of these just for promoting my business! These messages are an uncomfortable read!

Let’s be honest...the anger is because it’s Fopps...not these guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think I'm going to order from them .... do feel for them.... it's her that should be ashamed of herself ... she could of said she'd promote them just because its a nice thing to do and like others have said it would of done her reputation far better if she'd of shown herself receiving it and then gifting it.... ! She is a really hateful woman (nothing vulnerable about her whatsoever!!) .... and I think they now realise that..... thing is for people who only follow her on FB there is hardly any negativity an(because she deletes it obviously) and she doesn't show all she buys as that's only on Insta......

Reactions: 24
As a small business at a time like this, I can completely understand why they want to grow their business. I get that completely but what they should have done, in my opinion, is asked an influencer to say someone or group they think should receive a free box.That way both parties look charitable. In no way does she need that free box of fruit and veg.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There’s absolutely no need to be rude and some people should be hanging their heads in shame tonight.We’re mostly all on here because we’ve followed Nicola for whatever reason at some point. A local company has done a little bit of research, found a local-ish influencer and gifted her in hope of some good publicity and custom at this crazy time! Nicola is at fault for accepting/ not regifting this item, targeting the business with vile bullying comments is not acceptable!

Reactions: 33
I get the company needs to grow but couldn’t they of asked her to donate it to a needy cause and done a post on that...

Reactions: 9
They could of got her to post a picture of them donating to a nurse. People would of been more intereste! Some people take anything and have no morals

Reactions: 12
The small companies in my area, such as butchers, farmers and fruit and veg suppliers are doing record business. Even home bakers and local bakeries. My fb is absolutely full of it, people are going nuts for food products being delivered. They are selling out and having to put people on waiting lists. I was inspired to take up a regular milk man delivery of essentials and I'm going to continue after the pandemic is over to support them. I don't know anything about the company in question but bloody hell choose anyone but that horror to give freebies to and promote yourself 😫

Reactions: 16
Our local veg box company had to turn off ordering for new customers, then existing, as they were absolutely inundated with orders. This is their time!! They don’t need to do this tit.

In addition to the food bank, we have several other local organisations sorting out food deliveries. To be seen giving to them would be good PR. Local takeaway giving dinner to nurses, that sort of thing. Why do people think giving to those who already have more than they need is good advertising?! I would honestly never buy from a company who gave stuff to the popular girls for free then expected me to pay. No bleeping way.

As I showed above I messaged them and was not abusive in the slightest. I also understand they are trying their best in these difficult times. However they now know what she’s like and will be unlikely to gift her anything else. Had they not been messaged they could have been sending her multiple boxes a week as we know she won’t turn down any freebies. She’s the one who this is aimed at not them.

• Heart
Its just upset me as this week we’ve been dropping food parcels to peolle in need and literally not enough too feed them a week. So when you see floppy taking yet again I think it’s a bit low

• Sad
Reactions: 14
As I showed above I messaged them and was not abusive in the slightest. I also understand they are trying their best in these difficult times. However they now know what she’s like and will be unlikely to gift her anything else. Had they not been messaged they could have been sending her multiple boxes a week as we know she won’t turn down any freebies. She’s the one who this is aimed at not them.
Completely agree with this, politely explained where they’re gone wrong and hopefully they’ll learn from this x

Reactions: 7
It always goes too far when people message companies, yes they should be told the facts but people swear, call Nikki names, tag others etc - it then just comes across as insults rather than a serious complaint. Polite and mannerly gets the message across much better.

Reactions: 19
Our local veg box company had to turn off ordering for new customers, then existing, as they were absolutely inundated with orders. This is their time!! They don’t need to do this tit.

In addition to the food bank, we have several other local organisations sorting out food deliveries. To be seen giving to them would be good PR. Local takeaway giving dinner to nurses, that sort of thing. Why do people think giving to those who already have more than they need is good advertising?! I would honestly never buy from a company who gave stuff to the popular girls for free then expected me to pay. No bleeping way.
Exactly this. I'd say trade has never been better as a lot of people are trying to avoid crowds or can't get out. I've seen loads of things being donated to needy people/hospitals on fb, by companies I've never heard of and it got my attention.

I had to go on a waiting list for the milkman even 😲I don't know anything about that particular company but it's just a guess... the PR person of that company really needs to have a rethink what they are doing.

And do we know if they were sent abuse or just comments that people don't agree with their actions 🤷🏼‍♀️ I doubt anyone on here would inbox them effing and jeffing. Well I wouldn't anyway! 😂🙃

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.