Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
I thought the drinks in mason jars trend was naff and pretentious but if I ever order a salad and get it in a jar I'll be asking for a refund
102715-jamei-oliver-book-lead-2000.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Tublet83

VIP Member
People selling pick and mix sweets in pizza boxes for delivery for £10. Don’t get it, why not just go to a supermarket and buy the same for a couple of quid. Not even nicely presented 😂

Agree on all these cake businesses selling from home, my local council has sent out alerts to warn people these businesses probably don’t have any licences from the council 🤢

Muses

What gets me is how good old-fashioned coleslaw is now on every menu as "slaw". Irritates the shit out of me.

• Haha
I have a sweet tooth, but saw something on Instagram once that made me feel ill!
It was a bowl of Coco Pops, Golden Nuggets and Krave cereal mixed together with chocolate milk instead of normal, and 2 Kinder Hungry Hippos on top! The person also had some sweets on the side. It just looked like it's make you throw up after eating it. Too excessive.

"Freakshakes" also look really sickly, especially the ones with doughnuts through the straws.

freakshakes.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Eliza89

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I haven’t read many other posts.

But I can’t stand how places describe their standard/average burgers or fries as ‘dirty’. What is so filthy about a bit of cheese

Reactions: 15

no-no

VIP Member
Curly fries. They’re creeping into takeaways now 🚫 They don’t belong 10 feet near a proper chippy. And when you buy a bag there’s about 3 curly ones, the rest are scrappy wonky fries that burn.

I HATE salted caramel everything. Caramel doesn't need salt. Even worse is salt on chocolate IMO

The idea that everyone should eat wheat/gluten/dairy-free products even if they have no medical conditions. A lot of people seem to push the view that being full / almost full is "bloating" and to be avoided at all costs - this makes me wobble a bit as I have had bulimia in the past

Along similar lines as Oreo and Biscoff, the pretentiously spelt Daim. And it has a weird texture too

• Heart
'Nature's cereal', the new viral tik tok trend... basically a bowl of fruit with ice and water. And it's all over instagram now too.

After seeing this, I just... I'm done, eating is cancelled. Fuck off with your medium rare smoothies.

Ewv-Ju0WQAAqn4R?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

You can't stop eating it? I'm not fucking surprised, you're still fucking hungry.

• Haha

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
All these people setting up cake/homemade bakes businesses because of lockdown. Make one brownie and then it’s suddenly : ‘baked by ...’

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Adding wheat to everything. I can't just buy frozen chips anymore I have to buy naked chips.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Married2019

Iced coffees with half a bottle of syrup in them 🤮 I love coffee normally, but cold coffee is like when you forget about your cup on your desk and take a swig 🤮😂 I also just want the taste of coffee/a caffeine hit, not to be bouncing off the ceiling with sugar

mcfeez

VIP Member
I saw pictures of crazy milkshakes - big full glasses with like a slice of cake on top. I just think things like that seem insane. Or last year everyone was filling their easter eggs with ice cream or cheesecake mix - it doesn't even sound nice, just sounds extra for the hell of it.

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Was going to post this on ‘things you’re sick of seeing on social media’ but it isn’t social media as such, even though I see it everywhere, especially on insta 😅

I’ll start: ‘hot cross bun flavoured’ this, ‘hot cross bun stuffed’ that NO just the thought of overly sweet cinnamon weird liquid stuffed cookies makes me feel sick 🤢🤢 what is the point?? Just have a hot cross bun! 😫
As if the world isn’t overweight and wasteful enough they add more shite like this into the supermarkets 🤢

The graze and afternoon tea boxes really annoy me, I could understand if it was fancy stuff but it's just normal shit that anyone can put together themselves!

I love salted caramel but 9/10 things called 'salted caramel" are just caramel, no salt and that makes me angry. I love salty sweet stuff so much, I sprinkle salt on ice-cream and it's amazing.

• Sick
Reactions: 13

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I put this on another thread but those chocolate heart shells full of sweets that you’re supposed to smash open with a hammer. Except all of the ones I’ve seen, the hammer isn’t actually enough to smash it open... watched one really cringe video yesterday of someone banging away with it for like 5 minutes before they eventually gave up and broke it up with their hands 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13