Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gimmethegossipgirl

Me again

I also hate this trend of people becoming a professional baker cos they've baked a few cakes over lockdown. I've seen so many people make a bakery account and do a boomerang of them opening a box with a biscoff cupcake, a blonde and a old school cake in 😴 and charging 15 quid for it when you can get cheaper cakes in Lidl
Yes this! I’ve seen so many of these and the stuff looks crap too. It’s always done traybake cake with icing and sprinkles, a sad looking blondie and brownie and some kind of cookie. Just cos you spent lockdown baking it doesn’t make you a professional - bet they don’t realise they need proper food hygiene certificates etc to sell online too.
Also hating that everyone seems to be doing graze boxes/charcuterie boxes too - bits of cheese ham and breadsticks for £20 - no thanks!!

Reactions: 23

Forfoxsake

I said it on the other thread but those grazing boxes need to stop... looks like someone raided buffet leftovers and dropped the tupperware box on the way home, not appetizing at all.

Also, all the millions of flavours of gin and gin liqueur... if it's sickly sweet it's not gin!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Chewingthefat

Serving food on a wooden board or piece of slate... especially when it comes with a sauce! Just give me a fucking plate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

GroovyChick

Just thought I’d revive this dead thread because I’m sick of seeing butter boards! Or cream cheese boards, peanut butter boards, Nutella boards, the list goes on 🤢

• Sick

Sardine

Chatty Member
Bloody Colin the Caterpillar is hyped up. It's just a crap dry cake with cheap, shitty, chocolate on top. I used to work for M&S years ago and I swear it was never this popular. 🐛🚫

Easter egg monstrositys that are all over insta. Nah its not a slimming world treat, you're filling half an easter egg with cream and sweets. Makes me feel so ill.

Slimming world insta people "1 stick of butter 12433636 syns, an entire Horse 2.346664 syns" like shut the fuck up you're annoying. My insta explore is tainted with the fucks

Shitty sweet hampers as below, there's about £7 worth of stuff there. Go to pound land you sucker. Fuck supporting a small business when they're a rip off 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I'm quite a fan of biscoff and salted caramel 🤣 I do have many other hatreds though!

3 million options for coffee, stupid flavourings and drinks that are 90% milk and can't taste the coffee. Got a takeaway coffee the other day, asked for a white coffee and got given a latte. I've had cafes ask before if I just want an americano with milk if they're not sure but most places are perfectly aware what a person means if they say "white coffee" so I ended up with a sickly overly milky coffee that was crap.

"Slimming" accounts on Insta with half an Easter egg filled with crap....what part of that is working towards a healthier lifestyle! Same with porridge covered in half the contents of the chocolate aisle. I don't mind a wee spoon of Nutella or something on my porridge myself or more likely a sprinkle of sugar but a whole bar of chocolate is ridiculous.

The obsession with afternoon tea boxes. I've seen so many and they're extortionate, some look fab but for every one that is amazing there's another that is a total rip off. Also, I'm not convinced half those people doing them are actually properly registered to be selling food to folk.

Reactions: 20

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Those letterbox cakes. When I get home from work, there's nothing more appetising than the thought of tucking into a single slice of cake that's spent the last 2 days going through the Royal Mail system, then squeezed through the letterbox and left to lay on my doormat for 9 hours. Mmmmmm!

• Haha

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Definitey grazing platters, or these boxes you see on buy and sell pages with a handful of sweets, buns etc for well over the odds... about£20 for a box when the contents add up to about £5 in total.

TJ90

VIP Member
‘smashed’ avacado on toast. Just have a bacon butty and fuck off.
Sweet potato.
In restaurants when they serve your chips in a tumbler or a little basket. It’s just an easy reason for them to not give you as many.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Chocolate orange, I like it but my god everything new seems to be chocolate orange these days 🙄 think of something new 😂

• Heart

Twirliegirlies

Hot chocolate stations, just piss off. The words “hand cooked”. Things presented on slate tiles, put it on a plate or forget it. People on Facebook that feed their whole family for a week with one reduced yellow sticker chicken.

• Haha

Ceelea

Chatty Member
Hamburgers that are stacked about 8-10 inches high and somehow you're expected to eat them without slopping the fillings all over yourself !!

• Haha

Sardine

Chatty Member
Gin liquers. I'm sick of seeing "mermaid tears, boys tears, dragon piss liquer, shitty quirky liquer" it's boring now

I said it on the other thread but those grazing boxes need to stop... looks like someone raided buffet leftovers and dropped the tupperware box on the way home, not appetizing at all.

Also, all the millions of flavours of gin and gin liqueur... if it's sickly sweet it's not gin!
You beat me to it!! ♥

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Percy Pig 😂 it's everywhere, on everything! I do like Percy Pig but does he have to be on nearly everything m & s sell 😂

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Blondie/brownie stacks being sold as alternatives to cakes... honestly looks like a 5 year old has done it and looks like a pile of shit

Also, how dry are these blondies/brownies 😭
8E1C0A47-70C6-40E7-B9F6-0A30115ECB2E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Grazing tables/platters.

They look impressive at first then you look closer and it’s just a mess of random scotch eggs/mini donuts/bits of ham
Grazing tables have existed for years, it's just before Instagram came along we just called them buffets. And we knew we were getting quiche, sausage rolls, vol-au-vents, chicken legs, salad and bread sticks. None of this charcuterie bollocks.

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
Brioche buns. They are terrible with burgers yet they were everywhere at one point and there was no other choice.

• Sick
Reactions: 17