Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lornadoom

You are all so nice, that helps me more than you will ever know. I have to be brave for my husband and our kids. Just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Busy grunkaing the Whackie threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lornadoom

Thank you all so much.
I have been given strong morphine etcfor the last 2 weeks and will have to go to my GP tomorrow for the follow up prescriptions. The first chemo on Monday took 8 hours and as I was neither vomming etc I am allowed to stay at home, I just hope I will recover. I am hopeful and really do not want to whine here
My last lunch at hospital today was a cauliflower burger with wild garlic cream sauce and mashed spuds. Husband is making/defrosting a veggie chili for our first family dinner. No visitors permitted because of Covid.

Anyone suggesting ouchy mouth recipes will be whacked ;)

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
God I am so annoyed!! Went out for a walk this morning and on my way back stopped to have a chat to my downstairs neighbour. Her 20-something daughter is staying with her at the moment, and for no apparent reason, the daughter came out and sat on the steps in between me and her mother, said nothing, wasn't wearing a mask. It has since transpired that she took a COVID test yesterday after an outbreak at her work and was waiting for the results, which I've just learned have come in as positive. Why the fuck would she barge her way into sitting right next to me without a mask or anything when she knew this?? It was just completely unnecessary, why didn't she stay in the house, it wasn't even like she was contributing to the conversation or anything. Now I'm totally paranoid she's passed it onto me and I'll have to self isolate (meaning I can't walk my dog???) and possibly DIE!

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Oh @Flumps i hope they fix you soon ❤

I have been busy working and catching up to join in that much, heading to the MT soon! Congrats to all Aunties on the thread, sadly as I have no siblings I will never be an Aunty 😟

We’ve had a rollercoaster here as my daughter got her dyslexia assessment and no surprise (but maybe a slight fright?) it turns out she is. Explains so much but I feel a bit just now like I’m standing at the bottom of a mountain trying to figure how to get her to the top.

@Veronicaaa what a lovely dog, I’m such a dog person so I will show you my boy...this is him with my daughter’s rabbit (toy)

View attachment 250845
How did I miss this gorgeous boy?! I grew up with Border Terriers! They are the BEST dogs ever!! Here is one of the Cow family Very Good Boys being festive!
1600783026209.png

• Heart
  • Haha

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
fraubecue
Thanks babe - love this! X

oh love this is ridiculous what a dickhead thing to do - I’m so sorry it’s happened & I wish we had a haus frau BBQ for you to attend ❤ But we do via Vlad’s internet? Also ngl everyone knows the husbands and bfs are absolute social dead weight so why would they even do that?! When people ask to bring them I’m always like:

Loool I kinda think that, she probably just does it so her fella has someone to speak to cos she’ll be sick of the sight of him 😂

well this is me giving you a hug. 🥴 I need your photoshop skills though! this has taken me far too long!View attachment 247838but yeah I love hugs too. in real life in normal times I wish you all of the hugs 🥰
eta they're meant to be arms!
🤣😂😂🤣 that is at least on par with my skills plus glad you cartooned the arms for security reasons ninnykins 😂❤

ETA I don’t know how on earth I missed this last night!

Well I can say I feel exactly the same dear heart, and I've not even had any wine!

Completely relate to what others have been saying about the hurt of being left out, seeing 'friends' post photos of them meeting up, a meet-up you never even knew was happening. It really can be shattering. No one is left out in the cabal ❤

😭😭😭 I love you all. Sorry I could barely see last night from just stress and tears and missed a lot of posts

I have a soda stream.
I love it, you put can fizzy water in it on its own and then add flavourings if you want to but I like just fizzy water. I have a couple of bottles that I store in the fridge so always have cold fizzy water in hand. I love it with just normal squash added, but I am a huge squash connoisseur! You can also fizz wine if you want to!

My parents have one, for sparkly water or make tonic water. My brother has one but he has fancy glass bottles to store his water!

You do have to replace the gas canister but it does last ages, can‘t remember the last time I bought one. It does massively reduce plastic waste. I know a bottle of sparkling water can be 30p in budget supermarkets but that doesn’t seem right to me!
Ooh I might look into one! Been massively on a sparkling water tip recently and the plastic bottles are piling up. Does it taste the same?

I have a soda stream.
I love it, you put can fizzy water in it on its own and then add flavourings if you want to but I like just fizzy water. I have a couple of bottles that I store in the fridge so always have cold fizzy water in hand. I love it with just normal squash added, but I am a huge squash connoisseur! You can also fizz wine if you want to!

My parents have one, for sparkly water or make tonic water. My brother has one but he has fancy glass bottles to store his water!

You do have to replace the gas canister but it does last ages, can‘t remember the last time I bought one. It does massively reduce plastic waste. I know a bottle of sparkling water can be 30p in budget supermarkets but that doesn’t seem right to me!
Ooh I might look into one! Been massively on a sparkling water tip recently and the plastic bottles are piling up. Does it taste the same?
I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Lol that fateful day when we time travelled through Downing Street! I kinda just don’t get why they do it I know they like my company and I can tell if I had a partner they’d do it so what the fuck this isn’t 1950 mateys.

I have a soda stream.

I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Lol that fateful day when we time travelled through Downing Street! I kinda just don’t get why they do it I know they like my company and I can tell if I had a partner they’d do it so what the fuck this isn’t 1950 mateys.
She is mrs Cropley, and I claim my 5 pounds (dollars) 😁
No no no no no. Yes!

I have a soda stream.

She is mrs Cropley, and I claim my 5 pounds (dollars) 😁
No no no no no. Yes!
Morning all, hugs to all that need/want one. @Alansbigplate I've been there, both being left out and going through the day the ex remarried. It was odd, I felt like I shouldn't have been bothered, he wasn't my problem now etc. But, I was, I'm not sure what the emotions I felt were, I wasn't sure whether to feel like current wife was as culpable as he for the end of my marriage or not. Because she is the current wife and he picked her, at work, wooed her and shape shifted to fit her lifestyle. I know that isn't sustainable, he'll bore of it. He preys on the vulnerable. With her he's now completed the 'circle of wife' and will look to start over. I might be wrong, who knows. It's not her fault my marriage to him ended, it lasted 10 years too long after his first cheating and my total belief I couldn't cope without him. My girls don't see her as stepmother, I'm sure she's glad for it as she didn't want children, though mine are grown up. He isn't bothered about seeing them and it's entirely reciprocal. I can only say it's best to go with your emotions, I held back too many for too long ❤
On topic fraus. Cottage pie, cheese on the top? Yay or Nay?
It’s such a strange empty feeling isn’t it like you don’t know where your place is in things, like my daughter has a life and home that doesn’t involve me is weird anyway but now it’s formalising it fits the world view of a family even more than the two of us in our shitty (not at all shitty) rental. Hugs thank you for sharing with me xx
Ok I know ALL the stories about Ronan Keating, but I fancy the pants off him, Alan you and me behind the BBQ at Bookweevil’s ok?
I was single for 15yrs and am now married to the least couple-y man ever, so I hear ya! It’s nice to be invited. I don’t even look at people I know in a “are you coupled up?” or not way, I just invite who I actually like. You are a funny as fuck Frau so their loss.
I understand what you’re saying about seeing your daughter as a bridesmaid, it’s a big thing for her and nothing to do with the actual wedding, but you’d like to see her. Just remember @Alansbigplate you are always our special Alan ❤
I don’t feel like I will ever find anyone again it’s been *insertoldrosegif* 84 years but stories like yours always make me feel hopeful. Also 😭😭😭😭❤

Fuck sakes mates I’ve done a @BananaSmith

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

SoulRebel

VIP Member
I’ve been absent from the threads for the past few days, but what the bloody hell has been going on over on the MT? Thank goodness for @Pocahontas’ catch ups on the first page of the new threads there; there’s no way I could Grunka through everything. I see JM is being as batshit as ever though. She’s still talking about bullying and court cases I see. 😂
I'm waiting a knock on the door from Interpol as we speak.
More cat love, this is my tiny boy Rocky. He was born under a dumped car and was blundering around in the lane when I found him when he was 3/4 weeks old. His eyes were so badly infected that the vet didn't think that he would survive. We managed to save his beautiful bright blue right eye and he now thinks that I'm his mum, follows me about and gets cross with the other (big) cats 😍

Attachments

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
we got shown a femidom with the teacher mocking insertion, surely no one ever wore them?
I’m sure we got shown them too sort of like a glove with no finger holes. I also remember we got taught how to put a condom on & the teacher blindfolded us so we’d know how to put in on in the dark.
I must admit it’s only typing that out I’ve realised how strange that is 😳😳.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Fraus I need to grunka so sorry that this is totally out of the blue regarding the current convo but wondering if I can get opinions? I'm a little upset - went for a walk earlier, passed 2 men, one black one white (this is relevant) having a blazing row that was definitely race related. I saw who I assumed was the black guys girlfriend sat on a nearby wall sobbing her heart out, so I went over and asked her if she was ok, if there was anything I could do, and if she wanted a polo (all I had to offer). She yelled at me, said black people don't need or want white saviours, I should check my privilege and read up on black lives matter. I was just trying to be nice, but it's really bothered me...should I have acted differently? What else could I have done? Should I have just minded my own business?! Ugh I'm really uncomfortable and sad thinking I may have made things worse 😞
Oh, no you shouldn’t have acted differently I think you must have just got her at a bad moment. It’s awful that this happened to her and to you and I think it’s such a hard thing to navigate. But if strangers didn’t check people were ok what would the world have come to xx

does anyone else get what feel like physical symptoms during a black period? I feel like my face feels differently almost numb? And my vision feels poorer. I’m so stressed from work and other stuff this last couple of days that my forehead is holding all this tension and seems to make my head heavy. I almost hadn’t processed what was happening but I recognise the symptoms in my face, it’s so odd.

hope everyone is feeling ok it’s hard out herrrre ❤

• Heart
  • Sad

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I think it must be hard, but you need to somehow trasmit you don't mind being a "non- couple" friend? I think a lot of couples do feel uncomfortable being single (not everyone, don't want to be offensive) but don't actually realise single people are (usually) fine with it
Yeah maybe, I do get invited when it’s a girls thing or a big group thing so I suppose they’re entitled to have other times where it’s just couples. Think it’s cos I thought yesterday when they announced we were going to lockdown again oh I should maybe see if they want to come for coffee at the weekend and then saw they’re doing this. It really is pathetic ha and I’m a proper lone wolf and they know that I like to be alone, so it’s daftness really x

🔼 but it’s probably more to do with my ex’s imminent re-marriage and feeling lonely relationship wise than them anyway

• Heart

Bookweevil

Oh fraus, is anyone experiencing Covid-related insanity in their loved ones? Old Mother Bookweevil is driving me mad. While my friends’ parents all seem to be staying put, having shopping delivered etc, mine have been Lockdown Rebels throughout, rarely wearing masks, continuing to see their elderly friends and being quite gleeful about flouting it all. Old Father Bookweevil is a scientist and I am used to him being incredibly logical. But he pores over the data and says it’s wrong, Covid is no worse than any normal flu/norovirus etc and everything should be operating as normal. OMB has taken it a step further and doesn’t believe Covid exists at all. It is a plot by a sinister, but unspecified, foreign government to take down Western economies. Covid, combined with some (admittedly very dubious and havoc-causing) road closures in the neighbourhood are all part of a state plot to imprison us. Bill Gates is also behind Covid and wants to take our DNA. NHS doctors and nurses are all in on it too which is why hospitals and GPs are shut (not true as we know from our chum’s black eye A&E visit). The UK is now a police state - although, at the same time, the police are too soft and feeble and are allowing protestors to run riot. What happened to the Blitz spirit? The nation is now overrun with fearful ninnies like me and my sister, creeping about in masks!

I saw her for 30 seconds this morning and she was ranting about the new lockdown and how Boris Johnson is clearly being blackmailed by the WHO (not the band). Gaaaaah! Send me doggos and cattos urgently, I beg you!🥴🙃

• Heart
  • Haha

Bookweevil

hotdog?! surely a horsespunk lasagna or something badly cooked in a microwave?!
This has fired a determination in me to host an F&D cabal BBQ when the pandemic is over! Can’t decide whether it should be genuinely nice with hammocks (will need to get a much bigger house and garden, bear with), and a gorgeous array of gently charred veggie and meat options, rounded off with a fuckton of gorgeous booze and mocktails. Or whether I should go for the rather charming @emm‘s suggestion of a JM theme.

Hotdogs from a jar, shaken with kombucha. Served with onions cooked over cold coals.
Chippy chips, frozen - unloved and misunderstood, plonked on your plate.
Leftover horse spunk lasagne cooked into a pie (as suggested on DKL) and - here comes the maverick - carved into slices, chargrilled on the cold coals and drizzled with hot sauce.
Kombucha and old teabag punch - it sounds ridiculous but that tannin kick makes it taste just like sangria!

Vote for your choice on my Twitter poll. In keeping with the JM theme, I’ll totally ignore the results and do whatever maverick shit I fancy on the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Not writing this on the MT but I find it funny Jack has dropped in a hint about the legal case just as we’ve shared a bucket load of receipts, including 3k of her deleted tweets. I think it’s clearly a threat in the hope it stops, the thing she doesn’t realise is she’s signed up to Twitter’s T&Cs which allow for developers to do this sort of work? I learnt about this sort of stuff working in advertising because brands want to see what people say about them, or about what they eat for breakfast, or what publishers women with mum in their bio most frequently share so they can focus their ad spend there? Whoever said she’s the most boomer millennial going is so right, she’s so silly to think you can delete anything off the internet or bully people who work in digital into thinking she can find you by IP address, or you’ll lose your home and savings because you archived her public tweets 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Heartbreaking posts tonight guys. I wish I could say something more meaningful than: you all mean so much. These are tough times for all sorts of reasons, and it’s difficult to see a way out of things, let alone you having to manage with your mental health and well-being. Muddy days. I know that these are essentially a stranger’s words - but I wish I could carry all your woes in my little sausage hands and send them spinning towards the sun like the enormous crocodile. @Alansbigplate i’ve been thinking about you. @Silver Linings, you know how I feel about you.

As for what happened, lovely @Jay-cloth Cow - sounds like a tinderbox situation whatever you did or didn’t do. You did what any decent, caring human would do for another, and maybe she’ll think about it tomorrow in the calm light of day and belatedly appreciate your kindness. ❤

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Chips. Yorkshire.

why yes, I am that bored that I sought out a cartoon filter for my 2nd course of dinner.
and, no, it's not horse spunk, its mayonnaise! 🥴
cartoon1600543900630.jpg

• Haha

Fenella

Chatty Member
I have had a smidge (a bottle) of wine but god I love this thread- I don’t really have real life friends because of shite school days and general flakiness and I do like to chat to you all and have a glimpse into a little crowd to be amongst 💖

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
This is mayo instead of butter on the outside? Does it taste mayoey or just crispy? I like mayo but not with melty stuff usually as it’s too rich.
I am a fan of this option (though like butter too), I don't think it tastes mayoey at all, just lovely and crisp and slightly lighter and more tangy than butter.

Fraus! I went out for lunch with my mum. So I have eaten much better than normal. Thai tapas. We had:

Satay chicken
Tempura veg and prawns with lovely chilli sauce with lots of little neat veg chopped up in it.
Pork and prawn steamed dumplings topped with roasted peanut with a soy and vinegar dip
Sweet and sticky calamari, which was (guessing here) marinated in ketchup manis (or maybe soy and sugar), ginger and possibly a bit of five spice, whatever it was it made it so sweet, umami and sticky and it was cooked absolutely beautifully and I could have eaten loads of it.
Larb Gai - minced chicken salad, which was a perfect amount of spicy.

Sleepy now!

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I’m really sorry if I triggered anyone tonight. You’ve helped me release some tears that I needed to let go of and so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

If anything it goes to show you @Jay-cloth Cow that the kindness of strangers really can have a positive impact on other people’s lives so I hope you continue offering polos to those who might need them xx

• Heart

lilamay

VIP Member
I have had a smidge (a bottle) of wine but god I love this thread- I don’t really have real life friends because of shite school days and general flakiness and I do like to chat to you all and have a glimpse into a little crowd to be amongst 💖
Well I can say I feel exactly the same dear heart, and I've not even had any wine!

Completely relate to what others have been saying about the hurt of being left out, seeing 'friends' post photos of them meeting up, a meet-up you never even knew was happening. It really can be shattering. No one is left out in the cabal ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
All the memories of PE at school are relatable. We had a yellow airtex PE shirt and bottle green PE knickers. My PE teacher once wrote on my report 'HelpIneedsomehelp {No idea why I don't just type my actual name} is rather sullen at times'. Will 'Miss' yes! yes I was cos I hated everything we did in PE, The hockey with the real sticks and balls not the plastic stuff they use these days, Netball - fight over a ball? I think not. Javelin? I think we both know that's a recipe for disaster. Interpretive dance? interpreting the word 'automation' to bored parents? nooooo thanks and, I cannot climb a rope, or balance on a beam and never have and never will.
Then after the humiliation of the lesson was over came the communal showers... thinking back it makes me mad as hell that young people were forced to do that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26