Food & Drink #7 We like texture, babe, texture

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will look out for it! There’s a posh farm shop up the road - maybe they might have it.
I’m the only one who eats avocados on the regular in my house 😂
Just looked and it’s also available at Asda. There are a few different ones flavour wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you @Pocahontas for your services to the coven / being our organised queen ❤

Avocado - I definitely think I’ve fallen out of love with it at home tbh outside of having it as guacamole? But would very likely get it with a poached egg if I was out for brunch, which is incredibly basic isn’t it 😬

Just came back from the hearing test and we’re all a bit battered from what a disaster the whole thing was, attempt 5 due next month. Apparently the equipment doesn’t work it baby makes a noise which feels like a huge design flaw?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I don't like the mouthfeel(🤣) of unmashed avocado - slimy on the outside, lumpy on the inside bleugh. Mash it up good and I'm into it though - ooh, perhaps I should try it blended?

Fraus - just got an email from Deliveroo which says September is now EAT IN TO HELP OUT! Hurrah, more takeaways and less corona! 🥳
I don’t like avocado 🤢

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh no @heretoreaditall2019 - that’s frustrating for you. I really can’t remember my youngest’s hearing test - I think the health visitor did it at home and it was a non-event? But yes - what a massive design flaw - so it’s reliant on the baby being asleep / quiet? Surely that’s all just chance! Hopefully next time it will go smoothly for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love avocado toast. Also do the marmite thing, often with some Tabasco shaken over 😋
Not had it for ages though as the quality of them has been pretty poor the last few times I've picked them up.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Evening fraus.

Bizarrely JM inspired me to have rice for tea but I dished up before it was properly ready and once I sat down I realised it was undercooked. I should lie and say it was still lip smackingly orgasmic but it wasn’t. Oh well. I’ll have some crisps later!

Not wanting to get told off on the mother, but thought i’d share my favourite poem, which is about the dreaded black dog that plagues some of us here.

And for lols, I don’t remember my son’s hearing test unfortunately but when he was teeny weeny and the HV lugged her scales in to my show home clean front room while the rest of the house threatened to explode out of assorted cupboards, my son decided to wait until he was naked to do a projectile stream of poo that went up her sleeve while she squealed in disgust. He hated being naked and would scream until he was sick usually. Ah, memories. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Evening fraus.

Bizarrely JM inspired me to have rice for tea but I dished up before it was properly ready and once I sat down I realised it was undercooked. I should lie and say it was still lip smackingly orgasmic but it wasn’t. Oh well. I’ll have some crisps later!

Not wanting to get told off on the mother, but thought i’d share my favourite poem, which is about the dreaded black dog that plagues some of us here.

And for lols, I don’t remember my son’s hearing test unfortunately but when he was teeny weeny and the HV lugged her scales in to my show home clean front room while the rest of the house threatened to explode out of assorted cupboards, my son decided to wait until he was naked to do a projectile stream of poo that went up her sleeve while she squealed in disgust. He hated being naked and would scream until he was sick usually. Ah, memories. 😂😂
Those poems are amazing.
I just saw that the author died of leukaemia before she turned fifty.
😥

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Love the new thread title.

There was talk on last thread about South Indian food, there is a family favourite one near me, much used for family gatherings, not only is the food good but we have a number of pescatarians and vegetarians in our midst and they are well catered for.

On a visit a couple of years ago they proudly mentioned that they had been reviewed by Jay Raynor in The Guardian. It's a little triangulating but I'll share it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I love South Indian food. There is a decent one round the corner from me but I haven’t been there in ages. Edit to say I just checked their menu and a dosa is £9!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh, fraus. You deep and gentle souls.

I’ve not read any of those poems apart from the Dylan Thomas one before.

Loved them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Death talk - "Do not stand at my grave and weep" by Mary Frye is a beautiful poem. I love the idea that even when we're gone, we can live on in a way through the most innocuous things, if only because the sight of them reminds someone of us

Definitely not the right interpretation of the poem but I always imagine it as a story, where the sights in the poem each spark a memory in a different loved one of the person who's passed away, and the spirit of that person is wanting them all to remember those happy times and be at peace , and go out and about in the world rather, rather than come and stand at their grave and focus on them being gone

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Death talk - "Do not stand at my grave and weep" by Mary Frye is a beautiful poem. I love the idea that even when we're gone, we can live on in a way through the most innocuous things, if only because the sight of them reminds someone of us

Definitely not the right interpretation of the poem but I always imagine it as a story, where the sights in the poem each spark a memory in a different loved one of the person who's passed away, and the spirit of that person is wanting them all to remember those happy times and be at peace , and go out and about in the world rather, rather than come and stand at their grave and focus on them being gone
I'm a MacCaig stan, as I said on the MT, and your post made me think of this, which is very special to me - but [CN] it's about the warring feelings you have about bereavement, the bitterness as well as the beauty you describe.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm a MacCaig stan, as I said on the MT, and your post made me think of this, which is very special to me - but [CN] it's about the warring feelings you have about bereavement, the bitterness as well as the beauty you describe.
Oh my god 😭

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.