Food & Drink #7 We like texture, babe, texture

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A salty and sweet congratulations to @blurstoftimes for the new thread title! 21 reactions 🎉
We can finally leave the old thread name behind us 😳

Food, drink, and love, my pretties!

All welcome 🌸

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Poca, no! You know my feelings about THAT FILM.

Going to flounce out of this new thread as well! 🤣
Haha, I deliberately picked the one where she’s eating pizza just to provoke you!
It’s not an airport babe, you don’t have to announce your departure 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh as much as I love you @Pocahontas, I’m so glad that “mouthfeel” has been banished to the endless steppe where it deserves to be. (I’m trying to flirt with @crystaleyesd here)

Was delighted by yesterday’s boning updates and with the various takeaway chats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
See I don't like the mouthfeel of avocado, especially when it's contrasted with crispy toast and wet poached egg textures (sorry my food writing is about as appetising as Ms Snarf-alot.)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Flirt? Avec moi? The word 'steppe' does get me going...how did you know?? Although you'll have to fight my beloved @GrunkaLunka for my affections.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Fraus I am VERY happy right now and it’s on topic!
Firstly I received a “thank you for working through COVID” bonus in my pay today. Then I found out you can buy Dairy Milk Marble online. Ordered 5 bars. THEN I finally discovered a website that sells banana peppers! They’re my favourite thing to have when in America and I have never managed to find any here. Genuinely did an excited dance just now!

(Also love the new title!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Fraus I am VERY happy right now and it’s on topic!
Firstly I received a “thank you for working through COVID” bonus in my pay today. Then I found out you can buy Dairy Milk Marble online. Ordered 5 bars. THEN I finally discovered a website that sells banana peppers! They’re my favourite thing to have when in America and I have never managed to find any here. Genuinely did an excited dance just now!

(Also love the new title!)

Wow, what a great employer! Enjoy that chocolate and keep dancing
joey 1.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
OMG @Toffee finger where can you buy it?! That was legitimately my favourite chocolate as a child and I was devastated when it was discontinued!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not for me!
I have it on toast for lunch a LOT.
Marmite, avocado, salt and pepper 👌🏼
I’ve been buying this. It lasts a long time and is seasoned. The date on the one I have now is 9 September but I had it delivered a while ago. If you cover it carefully after opening it will last a further day or so. Available as far as I know at Ocado, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
OMG @Toffee finger where can you buy it?! That was legitimately my favourite chocolate as a child and I was devastated when it was discontinued!
Randalls UK - Marble
I’d not heard of them before but a friend received hers today so they are legit! Kind of expensive for a bar but worth it if it tastes as good as it used to.

• Heart
I’ve been buying this. It lasts a long time and is seasoned. The date on the one I have now is 9 September but I had it delivered a while ago. If you cover it carefully after opening it will last a further day or so. Available as far as I know at Ocado, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.
Yum.
I sometimes get Tesco guacamole as that’s the closest supermarket, but the other day accidentally bought their version of smashed avocado. It was gross.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
See I don't like the mouthfeel of avocado, especially when it's contrasted with crispy toast and wet poached egg textures (sorry my food writing is about as appetising as Ms Snarf-alot.)
I don't like the mouthfeel(🤣) of unmashed avocado - slimy on the outside, lumpy on the inside bleugh. Mash it up good and I'm into it though - ooh, perhaps I should try it blended?

Fraus - just got an email from Deliveroo which says September is now EAT IN TO HELP OUT! Hurrah, more takeaways and less corona! 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yum.
I sometimes get Tesco guacamole as that’s the closest supermarket, but the other day accidentally bought their version of smashed avocado. It was gross.
I got sick of buying avocados that didn’t ripen so read the reviews on this and thought I’d give it a go. They are usually on offer somewhere and I think they are worth the money although maybe not if you had hordes of people to feed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.