Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't feel bad. I think doctors (especially the consultant ones you see when tit gets real) are proper used to people crying at them. Certainly that's what they've always told me anyway and I choose to believe them. Though, mind you, I did once apparently, in a post cancer op drug induced moment, have a conversation with my consultant that I cannot remember at all and I must have said *something* very odd. I only know it happened because he came back a couple of hours later and I was talking to him like it was the first time I had seen him since the op. He was looking at me strangely, and I said 'Why are you looking at me like that?'. He said 'Don't you remember the conversation we had earlier'. Me: '.......'. Him 'Never mind, we don't have to talk about it again'. Stifled giggling from the recovery nurses. No one would ever tell me what I'd said. I probably told him I loved him or was going to name any future children after him, and as he was a late-middle aged rather stiff upper lip sort of chap, I am, overall, relieved no one has ever told me the content of that chat.

Ok. I am now at Thursday evening in my mother thread grunka, where it all went dark as. I am having to take regular breaks. That is all very upsetting and pounding on my triggers. I really hope it isn't lying/exaggeration, and then that fucks with my head, because that somehow means I'm hoping something awful happened. That's one hell of a bleeping thing. Whatever the reality I'm feeling hugely disturbed by something like that being used as a weapon in conversation. I've only just got started on this bit, so I guess maybe things change, and sorry for bringing it here, it's me being self-indulgent, but I can't process it in my own head and the main thread has (I imagine) moved on a lot. I should probably stop, but I am tired and in a lot of pain today, and my impulse control is as poor as anything even when I'm on my game.
Honestly skip it, it adds no value to the wider thread and it was quickly abandoned. I agree with you completely re weaponising it. She’s a really demonic and dark being, like truly a very scary individual I’m not joking, so it’s okay to feel like you can’t consume 100% of what she puts out there cos it’s an awful lot to deal with if you’re in connection with your emotions? The problem for her is she’s not, she can say all these things and feels nothing so doesn’t realise how horribly triggering and tbh, disturbing it all is. It’s something I’ve noticed in the narcissists in my life too? Like emotions and human life (or cat life) is just so cheap to them anything goes, and you can’t put yourself in that firing line!!

I hope you feel better re pain, though! And you’re having a lovely lunch to distract from it. I went and got a baguette from the bakery, was underwhelming as usual shoulda got a brick lane beigel tbh 😩

I’m going to start Schitt’s creek this week so I can make faux friends with the characters so when I need it as a distraction for my overnight stay it’s a familiar friend!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Time to get those new thread title suggestions in! 😂 who’s going to top this one?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe mix it up with a simple wording switch a la swapping your parsley for mint:

#4 Drink and Food
Haha. I don't want to mess with tradition and think Food and Drink #4 is obvs a classic choice, but your mention of herb swapping makes me want to suggest 'Food and Drink #4, any herb will do.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Haha. I don't want to mess with tradition and think Food and Drink #4 is obvs a classic choice, but your mention of herb swapping makes me want to suggest 'Food and Drink #4, any herb will do.'
I read this to the tune of “any dream will do” from Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I read this to the tune of “any dream will do” from Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat 😂
Good, good, that's how I wrote it. Who says you (generic you!) can't get tone via text?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Good, good, that's how I wrote it. Who says you (generic you!) can't get tone via text?
Glad to know we are on the same wavelength, thought I was just being lockdown insane 😂😂😂 I hope you saw the free version that was on YouTube at the beginning of lockdown, it’s the only musical I like!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@heretoreaditall2019 late to this, but all of my love to you. So sorry it wasn't the news you wanted but what a turn up getting to have your consultant involved <3

Mother thread is a bit stressful tbh. Seems to be quite a bit of taking it off tattle now, that's against the rules and it's making me a bit anxious and I feel like I don't want to post there any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@heretoreaditall2019 late to this, but all of my love to you. So sorry it wasn't the news you wanted but what a turn up getting to have your consultant involved <3

Mother thread is a bit stressful tbh. Seems to be quite a bit of taking it off tattle now, that's against the rules and it's making me a bit anxious and I feel like I don't want to post there any more.
Could someone provide a recap of this? I haven’t really been following there? Is it new posters?

Reactions: 2
Just from certain screenshots of tweets it appears as though some people who read the thread have tweeted her as there is some familiar phraseology?

Reactions: 16
Just from certain screenshots of tweets it appears as though some people who read the thread have tweeted her as there is some familiar phraseology?
Theres definitely crossover. The urge to take it to JM is understandable but, rules innit! I dont like the crossing over.

• Heart
I've noticed heaps of crossover. Every time anyone says 'begging bowl', DKL etc, it sets my spidey senses tingling! I don't know why it's so hard for people to keep it here!

ETA: Basically what @Begborrowsteal said lol

• Heart
Just want to say that there’s a Toebeans over on Twitter posting all sorts on JM’s threads. It’s not me. In fact I was a bit alarmed to see someone with the same handle wading in.. I rarely post anything on Twitter as I’m there under my real name. I’ve started fretting recently about triangulation so I’ve also stopped posting here on the mother thread. Just been worrying that people thought it was me being naughty 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Just want to say that there’s a Toebeans over on Twitter posting all sorts on JM’s threads. It’s not me. In fact in was a bit alarmed to see someone with the same handle wading in.. I rarely post anything on Twitter as I’m there under my real name. I’ve started fretting recently about triangulation so I’ve also stopped posting here on the mother thread. Just been worrying that people thought it was me being naughty 😬
I did wonder! I would be alarmed too xx

It's very curious. It's almost like someone is wanting to get Tattle in hot water as it feeds her trolling narrative.....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just want to say that there’s a Toebeans over on Twitter posting all sorts on JM’s threads. It’s not me. In fact in was a bit alarmed to see someone with the same handle wading in.. I rarely post anything on Twitter as I’m there under my real name. I’ve started fretting recently about triangulation so I’ve also stopped posting here on the mother thread. Just been worrying that people thought it was me being naughty 😬
Maybe ask admin to change your name on here ?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.