Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peperomia

Sosmix was really flavoursome, I used to get it from Morrisons I think? Would love to know how they get that secret sausage essence going on :LOL:

Reactions: 2

emm

VIP Member
Oh my god, this sounds DELICIOUS.

Even more so as I'm on a juice and soup cleanse this week

#feedme
That’s what I’m planning starting tomorrow... feel like ordering takeaway to day to compensate 😂 OT but does anyone have any food/cooking blog recommendations?

Mustard

VIP Member
@Mustard Normally just some from a bag of plain “mixed” chillis. Local shop rarely has anything more exotic, and I’m slightly terrified of the really hot ones — no ghost chillis here 👻

Sometimes I add some dried chilli flakes for a bit of extra kick if it needs it. I usually make it early on in the day and let it sit for a good while, lazy AF letting the flavours develop 🤣
Thanks for the reply. I wondered because the recipe said large chillis.

Tabitha D

VIP Member
If you can find Cacklebean eggs, give them a try. There are two independent food shops near me that sell them. I bought some before lockdown and then had some others delivered to me from one of the shops.
As it happens, there’s a deli quite near me that sells Cacklebean eggs but I’ve never tried them - I’ll give them a go!

Mustard

VIP Member
Very jealous of all your takeaway foods. Very homesick and the novelty of terrible American food wears off incredibly quickly. What I would give for a leftover chip shop chip!
I’m sorry you are experiencing terrible American food. Are you referring to restaurant or grocery store food?

Mustard

VIP Member
Morning fraus - first time posting where the cool kids hang out! I *think* I get whats going on with the drams and agree any nasty trolls need to GTFO.

Last night I had takeaway too! I'm back in London for the first time since lockdown and I ordered kotthu parotta from my fave sri lankan place and it was deeeeelish. Having leftovers for lunch today. Breakfast was a fried egg on potato waffle.
Ooh, where is this Sri Lankan place?

Mustard

VIP Member
Vegan food alert- I had this for brunch earlier along with some jazzed up black beans and tomato salad. They are on offer at Waitrose until the 28 July. I added a few splashes of hot sauce. ☺

emm

VIP Member
sThe sad tale of Slurms Mackenzie partying til the very end :LOL: It's my dream to have a miniature fruit salad tree though.

I enjoy the veggie charms:LOL: on the reg @emm. The kebab ones are my fave, I get around the let down texture by spreading it out on a baking tray and cooking/drying it in the oven a bit first before adding it to whatever. It improves 100% and is really nice after that.
I also do this with the Linda Mccartney shredded duck/chicken, otherwise they are just jank mush I find.
The Vivera bacon bits are v nice also, the mince is decent and the plain chicken was good too.

I am always v interested in veggie/vegan food chats/recommendations.

I've had a Mcdonalds AND Sushi this week (inc tempura). Decadent week for this frau!
ooh will try that oven thing next time, had never heard of linda macartney duck will look out for it!

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Anyone else having problems ordering coconut milk? Ocado are out of every brand, from their own to Biona, Thai Taste, even blocks of creamed coconut.

I Googled coconut milk shortage, lots of info but mainly previous years!

I also bought this for 99p on kindle today.

Some great inspiration; rendang and lots of delicious looking curries, but also a fairly local delicacy Scouse, recipe seems authentic (although there are many, many recipes for this) - just make sure you serve it with beetroot or red cabbage and brown sauce (red at a push). She deals with when it is necessary to pre brown thing for best results, it is not at all dump it all in and switch it on. Still relatively simple in the main.
Waitrose had it in store, small and large tins

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Omg naan ❤ This is my potential second place contender, a new place has opened up and they do naan wraps! I’m hoping it’s like my fav in spitalfields that does them, they always give out samples of the naan (ignoring massive hygiene concerns it is SO good) 🤤 Maybe a paneer one of those? How good would that be with fries too.
Oh god that sounds good. You need to have that and report back! I’m currently quite full but that has made me hungry again 😂

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
I randomly ( ina. Hungry haven’t eaten shop, will I ever learn) bought veggie charms strips yday so I’m trying those in pitta with veg.. anyone tried them? Cannot remember the brand but I got in fridge section of Waitrose

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Still want to try Slim Chicken and German Doner Kebab. Has anyone tried before?
I’ve had German Doner Kebab a few times and it is delicious! My favourite is the doner box with fries and salad, it’s a big portion for a reasonable price. The doner spring rolls are good too.

Reactions: 1

Monochrome Muse

Passive Agressive has it all pretty much summed up above (another great sum up ❤) if anyone is confused they can DM me - I know it’s awful not to know
Although this message may self destruct!
Yes please - although I don't appear to be able to DM you!?...

Reactions: 1