Food & Drink #13 Dicks, tacos and doughnuts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@SoulRebel I want to hear your story x
I was on my own for the first time in forever, I'd always had a husband, then a partner for 12 years, 3 children and 2 step children. I joined a site called Freedating.co.uk which was just the funniest place ever. There were forums where people could just chat and I made some amazing women friends who I still talk to and see now. My best male friend off the site died last year but I still hear from his mum in Hartlepool.
Internet dating is often mocked but I bleeping loved it x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was on my own for the first time in forever, I'd always had a husband, then a partner for 12 years, 3 children and 2 step children. I joined a site called Freedating.co.uk which was just the funniest place ever. There were forums where people could just chat and I made some amazing women friends who I still talk to and see now. My best male friend off the site died last year but I still hear from his mum in Hartlepool.
Internet dating is often mocked but I bleeping loved it x
I used that same site before getting together with my husband, am still friends (10 years later) with a lovely guy from there till this day 🙂.

I never discovered the chat forums though!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I met my OH on a site too, through the forums. They were a lot of fun! Back then it wasnt 'cool' to do the online thing so I kept it all secret. People still dont know thats how we met.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Totally agree. My MIL never let her sons lift a finger, did all their washing, tidying, cooking etc. No wonder the youngest is still living at home at 26 (no shade on those who can't afford to move out of family homes, but he absolutely can and just had too sweet a deal). No way am I having future Dustye Jnr's gf/bf on the phone in 25 years complaining that he can't put a wash on - I want him to learn to do domestic stuff because they're important life skills. Being female doesn't give you some magical power to clean a toilet properly, it's the bullshit patriarchy we have to put up with that relegates the domestic sphere as 'women's work.'
Our MiL sound eerily similar. My husband is ten years older than me and when I met with him he was living with his mum & dad still and honestly he did nothing. She still acts like I’m the devil because sometimes the poor lamb has to make his own tea, a woman should have her husbands tea on the table according to her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Much love to you @EddieBeds sounds like you've had a hell of a time. So glad your GP was helpful - I know too many people who've been fobbed off by health visitors and GPs for this sort of thing.

I went vegan soon after I have my little one for similar reasons. I found the best thing to do was forget about cheese alternatives for a few months, so then when you do try them you're not comparing them too closely to the real thing! After a couple of months I tried the vegan Applewood smoked cheese, lovely on jacket spuds, toasties or sliced in sarnies. The grated Violife stuff is good for pasta bakes, pizzas etc. But honestly I thought I'd miss cheese horribly and I turned out I really didn't!

Other recommendations: Oatly is the stuff of the gods. I know there's been some questions about their investment partners so up to you how you feel about it (I'm personally too lazy and in love with it to not buy it 😬). Get the whole stuff if you can, and they do a yoghurt now which is fab.

Whoever said the Ben & Jerry's dairy free is not nice - I love the stuff! So much so that I put on a stone during lockdown when it was my comfort food 🤪

Have a look for Accidentally Vegan and Vegan Supermarket Finds UK on Facebook. I also really rate the Green Roasting Tin for recipes - half the book is vegan, the other half veggie, so perfect if you're still having eggs.

Finally, well done on preserving with the breastfeeding. Obviously it's totally your choice and fed is best but I kept going and have only stopped feeds now at 19 months, and am so glad I did. Was tempted to switch to formula with the reflux but I actually found changing my diet seemed like the easier option. Good luck and big hugs 💖💖💖
@Dustye just catching up but health professionals were desperate for me to stop BF so I could put silent reflux meds in a bottle for my daughter. Made me so annoyed! I fed her myself till 26mths and I think that ultimately helped the silent reflux

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Dustye just catching up but health professionals were desperate for me to stop BF so I could put silent reflux meds in a bottle for my daughter. Made me so annoyed! I fed her myself till 26mths and I think that ultimately helped the silent reflux
26 months is amazing! I wanted to keep going until he's two but he just doesn't seem interested anymore, latches for one second then jumps off to annoy the dog/get all the Tupperware out of the cupboards/climb into the washing machine.

We had a health visitor who wanted to refer us to a nutritionist because we're planning to raise him veggie. Seemed a bit OTT but she was about a 100 years old.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
26 months is amazing! I wanted to keep going until he's two but he just doesn't seem interested anymore, latches for one second then jumps off to annoy the dog/get all the Tupperware out of the cupboards/climb into the washing machine.

We had a health visitor who wanted to refer us to a nutritionist because we're planning to raise him veggie. Seemed a bit OTT but she was about a 100 years old.
I’m sorry if anyone here is a HV and I offend, but they do irritate me. I think if you are intelligent people, who have done your research then it’s your business what you feed your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

What’s wrong with being a veggie? At least he’s being fed.

Reactions: 8
I also met MrF (who can work a washing machine, dishwasher, cooker and hoover with apparent ease) online, umm, ‘dating‘. Actually, I always enjoyed dating sites, I met some cool people, some who I still occasionally chat to, and had lots of entertaining evenings, sometimes even because the company was good. I was absolutely in the right headspace for it though, I could give very few fucks about how it went, and I can imagine much more stressful and potentially hurtful if that’s not how you’re feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Love the chat about dickheads who are deliberately tit at chores. In my early 20s I was a bit of a not like other girls type but - to put it mildly - that changed! Thinking about the tit I put up with from early boyfriends makes me cringe.

Has anyone read Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez? This is at the top of my to-read list, but I'm sure it'll make me very angry!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Our MiL sound eerily similar. My husband is ten years older than me and when I met with him he was living with his mum & dad still and honestly he did nothing. She still acts like I’m the devil because sometimes the poor lamb has to make his own tea, a woman should have her husbands tea on the table according to her.
I like my MiL but she will sometimes say things like 'oh by the way, [husband's name's] toothbrush needs replacing' to me, as if it's my job to sort that out. Like, I don't have space in my brain for that stuff and even if I did it would still be up to him!

Dandelion and Burdock! That takes me back @Alansbigplate - my dad used to get it for us when we were young, but I've not had it for decades.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.