Food and Drink #54

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for all the pill comments, much appreciated. It’s great to read about so many experiences (good and bad).
I’ll speak to the doctor when I come back after my break and see what they suggest.
I was recommended to take primrose oil after going to the breast clinic. I’d found a lump in my breast which was very painful. They seen me but said it was nothing to worry about and then recommended primrose oil capsules for the pain but it didn’t work. She said not to keep it up if it didn’t work. I still get the pain but not sure what else might be worth trying.
I know soy lecithin is meant to help with blocked milk ducts, so it is probably worth a go, it can’t hurt and is probably not super expensive. I know because I got mastitis with child four and it was the only time I was soy free while breastfeeding and it was recommended only I couldn’t have it.
Vagirux (top name, lads). I put on two stone in two months, which I had only just lost from being on the depo-provera 15 years earlier.
Super name! Never heard of it. I’ll look it up, I’m just on patches.

Reactions: 7
Thanks for all the pill comments, much appreciated. It’s great to read about so many experiences (good and bad).
I’ll speak to the doctor when I come back after my break and see what they suggest.
I was recommended to take primrose oil after going to the breast clinic. I’d found a lump in my breast which was very painful. They seen me but said it was nothing to worry about and then recommended primrose oil capsules for the pain but it didn’t work. She said not to keep it up if it didn’t work. I still get the pain but not sure what else might be worth trying.
Cabbage leaves?

I had similar and was told paracetamol 🙄

Reactions: 5
100% fact. If you tell your Harold you need to find a product that you need to rub in to your breast to relive them. He will help you find something and help apply it.men love boobs and bums.
Eta- soz, I'm very high and drunk. I'm logging out . Trying to get hold of my nephew to go raving. Too many people dying near me.another funeral in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
100% fact. If you tell your Harold you need to find a product that you need to rub in to your breast to relive them. He will help you find something and help apply it.men love boobs and bums.
Eta- soz, I'm very high and drunk. I'm logging out . Trying to get hold of my nephew to go raving. Too many people dying near me.another funeral in 3 weeks.
Hope you feel better soon.

100% fact. If you tell your Harold you need to find a product that you need to rub in to your breast to relive them. He will help you find something and help apply it.men love boobs and bums
whilst this might be 100% fact in your world, I’m very relieved to say that it isn’t in mine or my husband’s.
I’m capable of applying my own pain relief but on the occasions when I have needed him to do this, it’s been done for my benefit and not his pleasure.

We all have the right to not want sexual activity – for example, sexual touching. There’s many on this thread who live their lives in constant pain on one level or another; to suggest their partners will involve themselves in their pain relief on the basis that it’s in a part of their body which can be sexualised is helping nobody.
not sorry for calling this out.

ETA: comments like this, from men, are part of the reason why I am a strong supporter of women only spaces.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
whilst this might be 100% fact in your world, I’m very relieved to say that it isn’t in mine or my husband’s.
I’m capable of applying my own pain relief but on the occasions when I have needed him to do this, it’s been done for my benefit and not his pleasure.

We all have the right to not want sexual activity – for example, sexual touching. There’s many on this thread who live their lives in constant pain on one level or another; to suggest their partners will involve themselves in their pain relief on the basis that it’s in a part of their body which can be sexualised is helping nobody.

ETA: comments like this, from men, are part of the reason why I am a strong supporter of women only spaces.
Very well said, Laz. I’m sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable here among many useful reccos to support and help you get to the bottom of whatever this is. The very fact we are here crowdsourcing medical help among ourselves is because women’s health issues are ignored, under researched, or worse - we are straight up gaslit about what ails us. I’m not sure if it was meant to be a joke, but it wasn’t funny, it felt very violating.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Apropos of women (is that a thing?), I was listening to this on the way home yesterday. I never realised she had a tick bite.

I still haven’t watched the Celine documentary.
I sought help for eating stuff a while ago. Long story, I avoided making an appointment after first reaching out because that would be sensible actually me seeing a life without this. Last week they offered me an appointment next Tuesday. Mrs T dealt with it and it’s on Teams. Since then things have got worse to the point that I’m making errors at work/misreading emails because I’m hungry/exercising or both. I work with people with MH conditions and I feel like I can’t help because my mind is totally elsewhere. I’m sorry to put this here. I think I am doing so it’s because I’ve been a twit elsewhere in my life (To Mrs T etc) and if I write something twatty I need to say there’s a reason. I also don’t want to do the Teams thing because I don’t want to be told to stop my current behaviour patterns. I’m a bleeping child.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Apropos of women (is that a thing?), I was listening to this on the way home yesterday. I never realised she had a tick bite.

I sought help for eating stuff a while ago. Long story, I avoided making an appointment after first reaching out because that would be sensible actually me seeing a life without this. Last week they offered me an appointment next Tuesday. Mrs T dealt with it and it’s on Teams. Since then things have got worse to the point that I’m making errors at work/misreading emails because I’m hungry/exercising or both. I work with people with MH conditions and I feel like I can’t help because my mind is totally elsewhere. I’m sorry to put this here. I think I am doing so it’s because I’ve been a twit elsewhere in my life (To Mrs T etc) and if I write something twatty I need to say there’s a reason. I also don’t want to do the Teams thing because I don’t want to be told to stop my current behaviour patterns. I’m a bleeping child.
My friend, without going into details I have addiction issues so I understand (partly) where you're coming from.

This behaviour affects my life so I need to change but I don't want to.
I wish I knew what to say.
Don't ever feel bad for talking to us about it, we might no be of help but sometimes just writing things out can help. Big hug. 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I wish I could say something comforting but words aren’t coming. Be kind to yourself; this is a massive thing you’re doing. It isn’t childish to be resisting it.
Like MCM, sending you massive hugs - and to you too MCM xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I didn’t read the post like that, im not saying you’re wrong just I read it differently. I read it as someone who was hurting and sad about things going on, so much so they had got high and drunk and, had put that as a sort of disclaimer to whatever they had written. Hence my post to say I hope they feel better soon (which stands).

• Heart

I wish I had something more useful to say, but you‘re really not a child and there’s nothing twatty about what you’re saying.

I totally get what you’re saying, it’s hard for people who’ve not had this kind of illness to understand, but it’s such a crutch. To the point where part of the recovery process really needs to focus on that more.

Your illness and your actions as a result of that aren’t *you*, but because its such a coping mechanism, I know how much it can feel like it is. I understand how overwhelming this appointment must be, I really do, but if you feel able to, do you think you could explain to them what you‘ve told us? About why it’s going to be hard for you to stop? There’s no shame in it, at all. And then they’ll have a better idea of the kind of help and support you need.

It’s a really cruel and deep-rooted illness, but you’re trying your best (the fact that you’re looking to us for support and identifying potential barriers to recovery shows that). There is hope ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@zetta buttons, hope it's okay to say that I hope you'll go ahead. As dreadfully frightening as it will feel (actually, as it will *be*), you deserve to live well, without an addiction and its traumas. are here and I recognise and appreciate your thoughts and fears.
---
I have the usual angst when the fam argues. @mchops, don't run away. @Lazarus, you are right IMO

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I didn’t read the post like that, im not saying you’re wrong just I read it differently. I read it as someone who was hurting and sad about things going on, so much so they had got high and drunk and, had put that as a sort of disclaimer to whatever they had written. Hence my post to say I hope they feel better soon (which stands).
An old friend discovered she had breast cancer when her partner told her he'd found a lump during foreplay. She got it checked and was quickly referred for a mastectomy, which stopped the cancer in its tracks.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you for all your kind responses- it really means so much ❤.

Neighbours on either side are winding me up (cooking pizza in £500 pizza oven/burning wood) so I’m debating opening my doors and whacking The Streets on. Zero fucks given. Mrs T is out giving blood so she can’t moderate behaviour.

Is Shania going to come on on a horse?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I read it as someone who was hurting and sad about things going on, so much so they had got high and drunk and, had put that as a sort of disclaimer to whatever they had written. Hence my post to say I hope they feel better soon (which stands).
He went back, read it and edited it to add something in which is sad, but doesn’t excuse the initial sentiment. He could have gone back, deleted the original post as it was still able to be edited, and left something else.
I’m not here to argue with anyone but similarly I have boundaries and I’m not compromising myself by not calling them out. If someone said something similar in person I’d have called it out. I don’t see why not to do so here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11