Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not cheap but it does last, and if you're spending all day on a hike it's worth spending the money to be comfortable, dry in a rainstorm you can't get out of, and not risking injury from poor-quality footwear. Cotswold has some plus size women's gear, eg this xxl women's jacket.

if you join an organisation like the Long Distance Walker's Association you'll get discounts on gear in a lot of places (including Cotswold). but yeah, even with the discount, it's going to involve a fair chunk as an initial outlay.
Yes, you're so right. I've always had sturdy boots for walking because I hate having wet feet and I'm also sometimes quite clumsy so want good ankle support etc.

I won't be going long-distance walking this year but it's a good thing to start saving for some new gear for next year. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: 6
Oh, mate! God love you for expressing it! [I HEAR YOU!]
---

Not the Billy bus episode, but the beautiful next season when the mam takes the boys to a psychologist. Do you know it? I don't want to spoil it
I’ve seen them all, but wasn’t sure which mask you had on!
Ive seen far too much of the Headmaster in the latest series. I get the feeling the actor very much isn’t the suburban 2.4 children headmaster type IRL

Reactions: 3
ninnies, does anyone have experience seeking an ADHD diagnosis as an adult woman? I've got private medical through work and I think I can start the pathway there, but are there reputable starting points (internet questionnaires or similar) I can start with so I can say to the medical insurance "I did this and it said this"?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's not cheap but it does last, and if you're spending all day on a hike it's worth spending the money to be comfortable, dry in a rainstorm you can't get out of, and not risking injury from poor-quality footwear. Cotswold has some plus size women's gear, eg this xxl women's jacket.

if you join an organisation like the Long Distance Walker's Association you'll get discounts on gear in a lot of places (including Cotswold). but yeah, even with the discount, it's going to involve a fair chunk as an initial outlay.
Go Outside/Oudoors has a good range and their own brands are good and don’t break the bank. If you “join” you receive a discount.

Reactions: 5
ninnies, does anyone have experience seeking an ADHD diagnosis as an adult woman? I've got private medical through work and I think I can start the pathway there, but are there reputable starting points (internet questionnaires or similar) I can start with so I can say to the medical insurance "I did this and it said this"?
Mine was nhs and a long wait after seeing a go and asking to be referred, then a long phone call to be accepted into the waiting process, but I didn’t fill out any questionnaires first. They’ll probably ask how you feel. I tried to get one of the kids assessed through private medical (their dad has it) and it wasn’t covered, so I would call them to check in case you’re getting your hopes up in vain. You can do right to choose though, the downside is the extra expense of medication you’ll face if you go that route until handed over to nhs shared care.
---
IMG_1391.jpeg

this is the dinner today, can’t wait!

• Heart
Grifty, you seem to have quite a few nice meals from Gousto recently. I’m on Hello Fresh this week. Next week I’ll be utilising what I have in the cupboards and freezer but maybe after that I’ll do a week on Gousto if I have an offer. My main beef with them is if a recipe calls for a clove of garlic they literally give you one clove. Like Jack, I’m a 3 fat clove minimum.
It’s a small beef tbf, as I always have garlic in, but still…

• Heart
Grifty, you seem to have quite a few nice meals from Gousto recently. I’m on Hello Fresh this week. Next week I’ll be utilising what I have in the cupboards and freezer but maybe after that I’ll do a week on Gousto if I have an offer. My main beef with them is if a recipe calls for a clove of garlic they literally give you one clove. Like Jack, I’m a 3 fat clove minimum.
Yeah that is annoying, sometimes it is a tiny one too, but like you we always have garlic.
I gave up on hello fresh ages ago, but gousto is really working for us. YH fucked up this week not cooking the prawns before the right date and I wasn’t willing to risk eating them. We had to buy more so that made me cross but it’s nothing to do with gousto.
The cheeseburger pizza meal was lovely last week but the halloumi one was weird, and my stomach clearly didn’t like it either as I felt like it took three days to digest it! Honey on halloumi is an odd meal. The yang-nyum fried chicken was one of my faves, along with paprika basa with pan con tomato potatoes.
What are your meals from HF this week?

Reactions: 7
Yeah that is annoying, sometimes it is a tiny one too, but like you we always have garlic.
I gave up on hello fresh ages ago, but gousto is really working for us. YH fucked up this week not cooking the prawns before the right date and I wasn’t willing to risk eating them. We had to buy more so that made me cross but it’s nothing to do with gousto.
The cheeseburger pizza meal was lovely last week but the halloumi one was weird, and my stomach clearly didn’t like it either as I felt like it took three days to digest it! Honey on halloumi is an odd meal. The yang-nyum fried chicken was one of my faves, along with paprika basa with pan con tomato potatoes.
Those all sound pretty decent (I don’t mind honey on halloumi or feta).
me and Mr Laz are both vegetarian and this week the choices weren’t amazing but tbh, I wasn’t arsed. Reason being, I do all the cooking, food shopping and meal planning in our house. Sometimes I’m glad not to have to think about what to cook for dinner so even if the meals wouldn’t be my first choice it’s nice to try something different without too much planning.
This week we’ve either eaten or will eat:
Bulgogi tofu rice bowl with tenderstem and pickled carrots
Pesto orzo and roasted chickpea salad with feta, rocket and tomatoes
Herby root veg tray bake with creamy pesto sauce, hazelnuts and chives
Creamy gojuchang something with mushrooms and crispy onions
And a blue cheese mac cheese with roasted cauliflower

as I say, not all absolutely amazing or ones that sound appetising but no issues so far. 2 of them I’ve had other ingredients already, which I added to pad the meals out and so either me or Mr Laz had leftovers for lunch the next day.
Going to look at Gousto now x

• Heart
I have a code!
Here’s my link to try Gousto! Use it to get 65% off your first box, PLUS 20% off all other boxes in your first two months.
ah it’s got my name on

• Heart
I have a code!
Here’s my link to try Gousto! Use it to get 65% off your first box, PLUS 20% off all other boxes in your first two months.
ah it’s got my name on
Thanks babe, I’ve just downloaded the app and sent a code to my work email address (don’t remember if I’ve done this before, or if it’ll work)

Active wear: if you have a Decathlon local Muriel, they do some decent base layers at a reasonable price. Also let's you see the sizing of them as brands differ so much.
I do perspire when doing any exercise and favour a vest as the first layer even in summer. The cycling one from Decathlon has been very good for walking as well. They are also excellent in winter if you feel the cold!

• Heart
Tonight’s roasted veg tray bake with creamy pesto and hazelnuts.
not bad.
IMG_9994.jpeg

• Heart
It is now obvious that Kestrelcat doesn't relax like most cats I've known (curled up like a loaf of bread with paws tucked), he stretches out at full length and rolls around on his back to get comfy.
Yesterday he rolled off the table he was lounging on. Of course he landed on all fours then did a few stretches and looked at us as if to say 'what are you laughing at, this is how I get down off the table all the time'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
South Liverpool fraus: a photo just popped up on my phone from a few years ago, of Mr Laz on a sunny day, sipping a pint and looking lovely. I just showed it to him. He said:
Aah Venice; I’d love to go back there, I remember you taking that photo.
to which I responded:
That’s the front yard of the Willowbank on Smithdown Road.

I’m really struggling to remember which part of Venice might resemble Smithdown, with the 86 hurtling by…
Loving this. The Willow beer "garden" does not remind me of Venice. However it's been a good few years since I was there so maybe Arriva have water taxis? Last trip, we took our own boats 🔺so paddled ourselves on a lap round, then down the Grand Canal. Getting back across to the main land was exciting as it was the time when all the big ferries were departing.

• Haha
Those all sound pretty decent (I don’t mind honey on halloumi or feta).
me and Mr Laz are both vegetarian and this week the choices weren’t amazing but tbh, I wasn’t arsed. Reason being, I do all the cooking, food shopping and meal planning in our house. Sometimes I’m glad not to have to think about what to cook for dinner so even if the meals wouldn’t be my first choice it’s nice to try something different without too much planning.
This week we’ve either eaten or will eat:
Bulgogi tofu rice bowl with tenderstem and pickled carrots
Pesto orzo and roasted chickpea salad with feta, rocket and tomatoes
Herby root veg tray bake with creamy pesto sauce, hazelnuts and chives
Creamy gojuchang something with mushrooms and crispy onions
And a blue cheese mac cheese with roasted cauliflower

as I say, not all absolutely amazing or ones that sound appetising but no issues so far. 2 of them I’ve had other ingredients already, which I added to pad the meals out and so either me or Mr Laz had leftovers for lunch the next day.
Going to look at Gousto now x
Tofu rice bowl sounds good
Tonight’s roasted veg tray bake with creamy pesto and hazelnuts.
not bad. View attachment 2990256
Looks really yummy! I’d have to leave off the dangernuts though 🤣
I’ve scoffed my fish stew, I’d have halved the amount of thyme in it as too strong, the olive should shine more I think, but it was still very enjoyable and as it was only me and YH he ended up giving me far more than a normal portion and I’m stuffed.
---
It is now obvious that Kestrelcat doesn't relax like most cats I've known (curled up like a loaf of bread with paws tucked), he stretches out at full length and rolls around on his back to get comfy.
Yesterday he rolled off the table he was lounging on. Of course he landed on all fours then did a few stretches and looked at us as if to say 'what are you laughing at, this is how I get down off the table all the time'
We have a stretchy longboi! He also has fallen off things in the past. He’s ten now so I think he’s learned. We also used to have to trim his footfloof as he’d go to jump on something and slip back down.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Loving this. The Willow beer "garden" does not remind me of Venice. However it's been a good few years since I was there so maybe Arriva have water taxis? Last trip, we took our own boats 🔺so paddled ourselves on a lap round, then down the Grand Canal. Getting back across to the main land was exciting as it was the time when all the big ferries were departing.
It’s hard to know if you’re describing Smithdown Road and the lake in Greenbank Park or Venice tbqhwy 😉😉

• Haha
Active wear: if you have a Decathlon local Muriel, they do some decent base layers at a reasonable price. Also let's you see the sizing of them as brands differ so much.
I do perspire when doing any exercise and favour a vest as the first layer even in summer. The cycling one from Decathlon has been very good for walking as well. They are also excellent in winter if you feel the cold!
I have a massive camping wish list at Declathlon. Must go down to my nearest store and do some proper investigating, thanks kebabby one.

It’s a classic case of British al fresco
IMG_2711.jpeg

just a few blocks away is the Brookhouse, much bigger but with a similar beer garden issue. Here’s my fave pic of it from
IMG_2712.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.