Food And Drink #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First!
---
I saw an advert for Secret Cinema doing Romeo + Juliet with a full choir 🤩love that soundtrack

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
First!
---
I saw an advert for Secret Cinema doing Romeo + Juliet with a full choir 🤩love that soundtrack
Third! (Or Second??)
omg whaaattt! That was one of the best soundtracks ever, the choir would be 👩‍🍳💋

I’ve just posted this on the disco thread, but it fits for you all here too at this time, queens of the night.

---
Toot Toot, new thread for all your facts and food

ETA. OMG this gif works with every song! She‘s currently rocking out to Love Spreads by the Stone Roses. “yeah yeah yeah… *Betty shimmies*”
---
Extra queen of the night thank you to @Orphan_Black for the new thread! 🙏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just following on from the Canyonero song on the last thread, every time my Harold says he put habanero on his food I always have to sing
"Smells like a steak and seats thirty five!, Canyonero!

I hope everyone is well for the fresh thread.
It's been raining here for ages and it's been bloody cold as well. It's hard to sleep with three MCs on the bed as well as Harold, who is a gentleman of a larger carriage.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
6-ish-pm here. Good evening and good morning.

I've decided to throw a bone to the grifters who brought us here: life is busy and challenging, oh, yes.

And when I throw the bone, it's with a sauce of distaste.

Please don't send me money *unless you want to here's my link #paytreonWoohLOL* (actual joke)

My Tattle interests are: Roadsidemum, the Jackster, Wolfnsunflowers, Liz Fraser.

Of sudden and sharpened interest to me, have you ever heard your Tattle people of interest say anything like:

Q1 • I took a call from my friends' 85yo mother while on a shift break; recognised it was unusual, rushed off work, tended to her, conference-called her overseas son and son-in-law; and her daughter interstate, dressed her, took her to hospital, of course stayed with her, sorted out house/animals until family arrived, asked no questions, was glad to be there?

A1 • No, you have not

Why? • Because they don't do a thing that isn't selfish. The grifters we witch about are really awful.

Obviously the anecdote was me on Sunday, and you must not praise me, for it was a bit of a hassle, and I wish I hadn't had to do it at all, just as I was grumpy-seriously-doing the right thing-caring-concerned this arvo when I booked a vet$$$ appt for a *different* pony after "bush nursing" his grass seed in eye for 3 days and realising professional attention is required. Etc

My point is, it's normal to not love these things, and its normal to do them with love. It's NOT normal to bleat about it for money, and they'd all be better off being in their real life village rather than on Twitter.

I despise the grifters.

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean. This is a message sent without influence of alcohol, btw 😇😐

I bet - nay, know, that all of you have had similar "caring responsibilities" lately. We Tattlers call this "yep, on it."

In other news, I'm intelligent beautiful kind strong; and feisty, loved and warm of heart and feet; and, further, I love punctuation - even when I don't think any of these things; and: *so are you all**

!!!!! Crazy Monday feelings and expressing thereof

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Allo ninnies. How is everyone? UK based Mavens enjoying the bank holiday if you're having one? I'm on a train into London so good time for a catch up!

I had a lovely morning. Was walking back from the gym in the sunshine listening to a podcast, smiling to myself like a lunatic. Then I had a message come through on my phone. The transcribers who write up the interviews for our series had heard I was leaving and wanted to say to pass onto me that they're going to miss me and my interviews. Reader I almost cried in the street. We've never met, they've just had to listen to me rabbit on to people over the past six months.

Funnily enough I had such terrible anxiety before my latest interview I *genuinely* considered faking food poisoning to get out of it. But I was reminded of something I had heard recently on that very same podcast I was listening to today. It's okay to fail at stuff. It could be terrible. It could be the worst thing you've ever done. And it would still be okay. I repeated and repeated and repeated to myself before we started. In the end it was one of my favourites.

The DOP was also really lovely and complimentary at the end of the shoot and I just wanted to say to any other anxious Mavens. You can do it. Listen to the other voices saying you're good and you're worth it and you can. Turn the volume down on your own.

Was feeling great. Then my TV broke. The universe clearly thought I needed some balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
6-ish-pm here. Good evening and good morning.

I've decided to throw a bone to the grifters who brought us here: life is busy and challenging, oh, yes.

And when I throw the bone, it's with a sauce of distaste.

Please don't send me money *unless you want to here's my link #paytreonWoohLOL* (actual joke)

My Tattle interests are: Roadsidemum, the Jackster, Wolfnsunflowers, Liz Fraser.

Of sudden and sharpened interest to me, have you ever heard your Tattle people of interest say anything like:

Q1 • I took a call from my friends' 85yo mother while on a shift break; recognised it was unusual, rushed off work, tended to her, conference-called her overseas son and son-in-law; and her daughter interstate, dressed her, took her to hospital, of course stayed with her, sorted out house/animals until family arrived, asked no questions, was glad to be there?

A1 • No, you have not

Why? • Because they don't do a thing that isn't selfish. The grifters we witch about are really awful.

Obviously the anecdote was me on Sunday, and you must not praise me, for it was a bit of a hassle, and I wish I hadn't had to do it at all, just as I was grumpy-seriously-doing the right thing-caring-concerned this arvo when I booked a vet$$$ appt for a *different* pony after "bush nursing" his grass seed in eye for 3 days and realising professional attention is required. Etc

My point is, it's normal to not love these things, and its normal to do them with love. It's NOT normal to bleat about it for money, and they'd all be better off being in their real life village rather than on Twitter.

I despise the grifters.

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean. This is a message sent without influence of alcohol, btw 😇😐

I bet - nay, know, that all of you have had similar "caring responsibilities" lately. We Tattlers call this "yep, on it."

In other news, I'm intelligent beautiful kind strong; and feisty, loved and warm of heart and feet; and, further, I love punctuation - even when I don't think any of these things; and: *so are you all**

!!!!! Crazy Monday feelings and expressing thereof
Wooh, you are a good person and I hope the universe will recognise this and reflect your kindness back to you. I've recently been on the other end of an ailing parent call, and am now an elderly orphan. It is disconcerting to be so untethered.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I saw my second favourite band on tour last week with an orchestra and choir and it was delightful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lads I've been on the dating apps for a few days and it turns out the dating pool in your early thirties is more of a swamp. I set Tinder and Bumble to show me everyone but the more men I see, the gayer I feel. I haven't had a single match yet, I'm despairing already. Anyway, enjoy this picture of a somewhat smug-looking Sideboard Cat.

smug sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
A few of my friends have said Facebook dating was surprising good. I met mr duck on tinder, but we knew of each other irl anyway in a friend of a friend way . Everyone else who I matched with were ladies and tbh although obviously I’m glad mr d and I decided to give it a proper go because otherwise I’d not have the ducklings, if we’d not know each other already, I probably wouldn’t have chosen him.
I was late 30’s though so maybe that makes a difference

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As the proud nominator of the most Marmite thread title on the MT, I would just like to say happy birthday, Sir David, and if you ninnies haven't ever seen the little video the BBC put together three years ago to celebrate the day, it's worth 94 seconds of your time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
just hit some pot noodle discourse on my grunk of the mt and whaddya know, I have opinions. the best actual pot noodle is the oft forgotten chow mein flavour 😍

and the real monarch of all dehydrated ramen style snacks is this lad, where you get the little dehydrated prawns in it 💙

IMG_20230508_211854.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Lads I've been on the dating apps for a few days and it turns out the dating pool in your early thirties is more of a swamp. I set Tinder and Bumble to show me everyone but the more men I see, the gayer I feel. I haven't had a single match yet, I'm despairing already. Anyway, enjoy this picture of a somewhat smug-looking Sideboard Cat.

View attachment 2156847
This is the latest dating thread

• Heart

View attachment 2156847
Does your profile read like this?
snark
snarky cats

Dislike
Peas

• Haha
I cannot BELIEVE I have been letting myself get so wound up over guest tonight when this has been snoring and twitching away next to me 😭😭😭 he woke up in the middle of me posting this and immediately went into ‘play with my tummy DON’T PLAY WITH MY TUMMY’ mode which has helped straighten my priorities. Hope you and yours are all doing okay! x

Attachments

• Heart
think I've just got myself cancelled over the bad vibes cambridge/wales kids...😬

I look forward to my cancellation interview tour of the observer, the times, the telegraph, the spectator, lbc, gb news, new statesman, hello, take a break and the fence

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My apologies, I've forgotten who the previous CELTA-doers among the ninnies were, but I just wanted to let you know I did my first teaching practice today and got specifically commented on (positively) by the tutor for sitting down a lot :ROFLMAO: It was literally thanks to this thread that I knew that was a thing, so thank you!

• Heart
This is an anxiety/mental health vent so I'll put in a spoiler in case people want to skip. I know there are some anxiety sufferers on this thread.

Anxiety is at the level where it's hard to do basic self care. I couldn't have a wash today, so just splashed my underarms to feel fresher. I have a few legitimate health things going on - appt with an endocrinologist because one of my hormones is low, getting a 24-hour heart monitor fitted tomorrow due to constant palpitations. But the anxiety about physical health is causing this feedback loop:

Physical symptoms cause health anxiety -> anxiety causes panic attacks -> panic attacks trigger more symptoms -> worry about the anxiety AND the new symptoms -> can't distinguish panic from 'real' physical feelings -> unhelpful anxiety spiral.

I'm not really getting mental health support either. I was told to increase meds and did that, but it clearly isn't working. Beta blockers might be more useful but then I'd probably need to come off the current meds which is extremely difficult given current circumstances.

I'm fixating on breathing issues and worrying that I'll stop breathing altogether or need to go to hospital. I have a panic attack in bed every morning as soon as I wake up which makes me dread lying down, but the anxiety when I'm awake isn't much better. Right now my heart is racing, chest feels tight, hands are clammy, my stomach's in knots. I'm looking for scrolling things for distraction, I read in bed (an actual kid's book because of low concentration lol), have music and YouTube, but it's still so hard. It feels as though there's no escape from the feeling of dread and fear. Like there's no safe place. Apologies if these descriptions are all going a bit Jack Monroe, but ffs I just want to feel normal.

I'm interested to know if the hormone problem might be causing or contributing to the panic attacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This is an anxiety/mental health vent so I'll put in a spoiler in case people want to skip. I know there are some anxiety sufferers on this thread.

Anxiety is at the level where it's hard to do basic self care. I couldn't have a wash today, so just splashed my underarms to feel fresher. I have a few legitimate health things going on - appt with an endocrinologist because one of my hormones is low, getting a 24-hour heart monitor fitted tomorrow due to constant palpitations. But the anxiety about physical health is causing this feedback loop:

Physical symptoms cause health anxiety -> anxiety causes panic attacks -> panic attacks trigger more symptoms -> worry about the anxiety AND the new symptoms -> can't distinguish panic from 'real' physical feelings -> unhelpful anxiety spiral.

I'm not really getting mental health support either. I was told to increase meds and did that, but it clearly isn't working. Beta blockers might be more useful but then I'd probably need to come off the current meds which is extremely difficult given current circumstances.

I'm fixating on breathing issues and worrying that I'll stop breathing altogether or need to go to hospital. I have a panic attack in bed every morning as soon as I wake up which makes me dread lying down, but the anxiety when I'm awake isn't much better. Right now my heart is racing, chest feels tight, hands are clammy, my stomach's in knots. I'm looking for scrolling things for distraction, I read in bed (an actual kid's book because of low concentration lol), have music and YouTube, but it's still so hard. It feels as though there's no escape from the feeling of dread and fear. Like there's no safe place. Apologies if these descriptions are all going a bit Jack Monroe, but ffs I just want to feel normal.

I'm interested to know if the hormone problem might be causing or contributing to the panic attacks.
I’m not sure, but have you been able to do anything which keeps you “in the moment”? If you can’t go out, I’d recommend a Lego set

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.