Food And Drink #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm off out to my appointment shortly but next time I post here it's likely that I'll be officially autistic and have properly diagnosed ADHD. WARNED!
Omg good luck, and a pre-emptive welcome! It’s a game changer knowing what’s going on with your brain x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Parks and Rec is wonderful. The fella and I constantly quote it (mainly Ron Swanson) because Nick Offerman is a legend. The whole cast is great and I did shed a tear when it was all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You know those months weeks days where it feels like everything you touch turns to tit , your regret most if not all your life decisions and decide that fundamentally you suck as a person, which would you say is the best nightsnack from a choice of slightly greasy salty popcorn, some stale Japanese niknaks and a can of squirty cheese ,to which indulge your bin fire of a self ?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
You know those months weeks days where it feels like everything you touch turns to tit , your regret most if not all your life decisions and decide that fundamentally you suck as a person, which would you say is the best nightsnack from a choice of slightly greasy salty popcorn, some stale Japanese niknaks and a can of squirty cheese ,to which indulge your bin fire of a self ?
Sorry you're having a tit time, I feel the same, I'm currently eating haribo and salted pecans. Maybe popcorn with squirty cheese? I've never tried it but I assume the taste is like that plastic American cheese which I love

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
All three on rotation, for sure. All the night snacks.

• Heart
Bubbles, you aren't a bin fire - you are a mum with two baby ducklings. There will be bad days, but you are doing an amazing job. I'm guessing you are tired from looking after the little ones but are still smashing it. Sorry you are feeling this way.

I (still) can't even keep plants alive or meal plan for more than a week at a time. Based on my efforts at being a responsible adult this week you are a 10/10 whereas I'm hitting -273.15/10

But it has to be the squirty cheese. Maybe on the Nik Naks. One of my current treats after a bad day is a chicken kebab with chilli sauce & a tube of Primula rolled up like a burrito.

Out of interest for a friend, where does one buy squirty cheese? Just kidding, I don't have any friends.

Hope everyone else is ok and enjoying Caturday. My furry overlord has been very opinionated today so we are snuggling while watching football. Hoping to get a power nap before the boxing so I don't sleep all day tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This reminds me of the village of Gotham in Nottinghamshire.
newcastle was also previously called gotham. hence the name of my fave bar as a teenager was gotham town

99p grolsch, £1.05 cocktails, free jukebox up until the DJ showed up, was literally on my street. great times!

• Haha
  • Heart
@BubbleDuck , sending you hugs and encouragement. I totally agree with @KebabGirl you’re amazing. How you’re feeling just now isn’t a reflection of you as a person. Really hope you’re enjoying the nightsnacks.

It’s blowing my mind that there are real Gotham cities! I wonder if there are any real places called Metropolis?

Facturday, I remembered a cool fact I learned from the Madonna thread. I knew Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince were all born in the same year, but had no idea about the other coincidences!

16D2AF70-C81D-4F6B-86A1-828AA1BD0F72.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@BubbleDuck , sending you hugs and encouragement. I totally agree with @KebabGirl you’re amazing. How you’re feeling just now isn’t a reflection of you as a person. Really hope you’re enjoying the nightsnacks.

It’s blowing my mind that there are real Gotham cities! I wonder if there are any real places called Metropolis?

Facturday, I remembered a cool fact I learned from the Madonna thread. I knew Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince were all born in the same year, but had no idea about the other coincidences!

View attachment 2071905
I did not know all 3 were born before me 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Clearing out my photos and found the Aussie Sidecat. This was at my old house, little dude would sit in the garage with my Harold while he was working on the car. (Harold, not the cat.)
C1531266-29B2-4399-985D-F4DCB05B7493.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
newcastle was also previously called gotham. hence the name of my fave bar as a teenager was gotham town

99p grolsch, £1.05 cocktails, free jukebox up until the DJ showed up, was literally on my street. great times!
How much was newkybrown? I think I used to get 2 for £2

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can confirm squirty cheese makes everything better in a way that only some questionable chemically cheese flavour can. Had a bit of a cry and feel a bit less tit. Have a gp appointment booked at the end of the month just in case it’s more than * just* the mum to newborns stage.

@KebabGirl the squirty cheese was from a website called poppin it , which is one of those overpriced imported candy and viral tiktok foods places . It was something ridiculous like £8 but I justified it to myself because it took me over the amount needed for free delivery. My teens nag me for random tiktok stuff like prime, and sour candy pickle kits, and I always give in, complain about the extortionate prices then add lots of mochi and Mexican candy for me

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How much was newkybrown? I think I used to get 2 for £2
Yeah but it’s horrible, and I was just a poor skint schoolgirl
---
Can confirm squirty cheese makes everything better in a way that only some questionable chemically cheese flavour can. Had a bit of a cry and feel a bit less tit. Have a gp appointment booked at the end of the month just in case it’s more than * just* the mum to newborns stage.

@KebabGirl the squirty cheese was from a website called poppin it , which is one of those overpriced imported candy and viral tiktok foods places . It was something ridiculous like £8 but I justified it to myself because it took me over the amount needed for free delivery. My teens nag me for random tiktok stuff like prime, and sour candy pickle kits, and I always give in, complain about the extortionate prices then add lots of mochi and Mexican candy for me
I think you should definitely plan some fun night snacks. I used to like those walkers mix-ups, with a Dorito, a wotsit and some other crisps I forget. You don’t see them about much these days. Also those cheese bugles that look like a little cone. Cheap cheap basics tortilla chips with plastic cheese slices melted on. Mini packs of breadsticks dipped in a ramekin of Philadelphia. Pretzels dipped in Nutella. Tempted?
OMG buy a brevilie toasty machine!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Agreed, what a genius combination!

My nightsnacks are popcorn and a passion fruit martini from a can. The popcorn is sweet AND salted, and the drink is surprisingly nice! I think it’s basically a p*rn star martini but they can’t say that in Tesco’s so it has a more polite name! 🤣

• Haha
Mr F and I have spent an hour this evening unclogging drains after I was cleaning the bathroom ahead of guests arriving at the cottage tomorrow and noticed the basin was draining really slowly and there was a bit of a niff when I flushed the loo.

Went home and climbed into my waterproofs, intending to lift the inspection chamber hatch for a look, and he offered to come with me. Unscrewed the hatch and lifted it out and...oh tit. Literally. I had to scrape through it all to get to the slate wrapped in a Lidl carrier bag that covers the access point to the drain and then he got the rods down it. It's too small a pipe to get a standard circular head down it and I managed to lose the corkscrew-type fitting into the bottom of the septic tank a few years ago, so we just put the plain rod down and managed to dislodge enough that we could hose it through. It's all flowing again now and I've hosed out the inspection chamber nearest the house, but had to leave the one between that and the tank because the tank level got too high - I need to leave it to drain into the soakaway for a day or two and then I can do that one. Probably need to get Scottish Water out to desludge the tank as well, because it hasn't been done for about five years - that's another £320.

As Mr F said, at least we know we love each other through tit and thin!

It's a bit of a grim job, but it's oddly satisfying at the same time.

• Haha
  • Wow
I've had a bunion for about 12 years and I've finally decided to do something about it. It's been painful and annoying for a while but it's really making its presence felt lately. I'll be at the doctor on Tuesday to discuss other health issues and get a flu shot so I'm going to ask what's the best course of action.
The tit thing is I've always worn quality footwear and haven't owned a pair of heels since I was 21. My mum was the same and she had a bunion too.
Sorry for the foot chat, it's 5:15 am and I can't get back to sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've had a bunion for about 12 years and I've finally decided to do something about it. It's been painful and annoying for a while but it's really making its presence felt lately. I'll be at the doctor on Tuesday to discuss other health issues and get a flu shot so I'm going to ask what's the best course of action.
The tit thing is I've always worn quality footwear and haven't owned a pair of heels since I was 21. My mum was the same and she had a bunion too.
Sorry for the foot chat, it's 5:15 am and I can't get back to sleep.
One of my clients swears by putting anti inflammatory pain gel on their bunions . This is apparently on D/N advice but which district nurse and in which century I am unsure.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.