Food and Drink #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you looked at the Breville one cup things? I got my mum one when she had her hip op, as then she could make a tea easily next to her in the front room and didn't have to lift/carry anything. They do instant hot water.
To be honest Notty-babe, I’ve done some more internet investigations and both the breville hot cup and the coffee machines apparently don’t give boiling water, it’s like 90c so I think I’ll just stick with a kettle. Shame though.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
To be honest Notty-babe, I’ve done some more internet investigations and both the breville hot cup and the coffee machines apparently don’t give boiling water, it’s like 90c so I think I’ll just stick with a kettle. Shame though.
yeah, I was going to say, as you clarified boiling, I don’t think they’ll be hot enough. When I used it on the hot water setting it kind of felt and tasted like I’d just used the hot tap 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think the only thing that would do that is a boiling water tap, like the Quooker or something similar.

Managed to get on the quad and go and see the horses yesterday, surprised myself by blubbing all over them, but feel properly home now :)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I was gonna ask how you were getting on Falkor 🙂

Did the horses react to your blubbing? Some animals are super sensitive to human emotions but I don't think I know how horses react (or don't) to tears 😂

Day 4 of my month off and I've got my feet up watching Hoarders compilations on YouTube. I've got a small amount to tidy up this afternoon as it is serving as excellent motivation.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You'd be shocked at how many tourists are sucked in by the drop bear stories. On second thoughts we do have some odd animals down here so a violent koala dropping down on people's heads probably isn't too far of a reach.
I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I thought Jackalopes were a real animal until about 10 years ago. They aren't something one really thinks about, tbh.
(They're a mythical North American animal, a jack Rabbit with antlers, hence the name.)
Hi! You should have seen my face when I learned narwhals are real.

Hope your days are good

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I was gonna ask how you were getting on Falkor 🙂

Did the horses react to your blubbing? Some animals are super sensitive to human emotions but I don't think I know how horses react (or don't) to tears 😂

Day 4 of my month off and I've got my feet up watching Hoarders compilations on YouTube. I've got a small amount to tidy up this afternoon as it is serving as excellent motivation.
Only by mugging me to see if I had any sheep food in my pockets! Junior horse is being a bit off-ish with me, he's the more sensitive of the two and I think I've really upset him by disappearing for nearly a month. Got some relationship rebuilding to do there once I'm fit enough.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
@HotesTilaire once upon a time people had wall mounted electric water boilers until they started blowing up regularly and pretty much banned! So I think you can only get the asspensive commercial ones now.
You'd probably be best investing in a fast-boil kettle (55seconds?) which isn't too far off instant reallly :)

Reactions: 15
@HotesTilaire once upon a time people had wall mounted electric water boilers until they started blowing up regularly and pretty much banned! So I think you can only get the asspensive commercial ones now.
You'd probably be best investing in a fast-boil kettle (55seconds?) which isn't too far off instant reallly :)
It was the not-lifting which appealed to me!

Reactions: 10
I think the only thing that would do that is a boiling water tap, like the Quooker or something similar.

Managed to get on the quad and go and see the horses yesterday, surprised myself by blubbing all over them, but feel properly home now :)
Aw I hope they were nice to you about the blunting 😊

Reactions: 6
I’m a bit jealous of everyone getting their QI tickets now

which one of you is going to take Sandi a nice pumble to see if we can finally confirm she is a Frau ? 😂
I briefly met Sandi after a gig last year and kid you not, she said "Oh, hello Sweetie how are you" which now, looking back has got me wondering did she know?

I wasn't even wearing suspenders, I was wearing jeans and everything😮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Sandi is lovely, her book ”on the number 12 bus” or something is great. The stuff about her schooldays makes you weep, some of the teachers were so horrible to her. She felt so alone as a lesbian - they even made her feel tit about it at university.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
The hot cup type already been discounted as not boiling!
The mother had one which did boiling water. She would not have tolerated 90 degree water! It was a Breville one, I can't see one that looks the same but maybe look at those. I'd ask her, but she's catching up Aunt Helen in the dusty stakes ;)
I use a Nespresso and that certainly isn't boiling. Not sure on other coffee machines.

I hope everyone is ok. Having a bad work week intermingled with insomnia so only reading the MT when I'm awake in the night.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I briefly met Sandi after a gig last year and kid you not, she said "Oh, hello Sweetie how are you" which now, looking back has got me wondering did she know?

I wasn't even wearing suspenders, I was wearing jeans and everything😮
Had you done the full face of makeup tho Sweetie T? It’s 50/50 you or Souxie Sioux

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Had you done the full face of makeup tho Sweetie T? It’s 50/50 you or Souxie Sioux
Hahahaaaa, lol no. I was in my usual chore jacket, breton shirt, jeans and gucci loafer combo. And, if any of you thought you might have watermeloned me, you definitely will now.
I bet I'm nothing like you all think🤣💋

• Haha
Reactions: 16
the mention of nesquik cereal (as rabbit droppings) on the mt reminded me that saw these in lidl and thought, "ooh, they'll be tasty."

20230126_201219.jpg

reader, they are reminiscent of the sadness that was childhood banana flavour antibiotic suspension. you know the one

stick with the original rabbit poo one, people!

WARNED

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
the mention of nesquik cereal (as rabbit droppings) on the mt reminded me that saw these in lidl and thought, "ooh, they'll be tasty."

View attachment 1912632

reader, they are reminiscent of the sadness that was childhood banana flavour antibiotic suspension. you know the one

stick with the original rabbit poo one, people!

WARNED
I used to quite like the banana one. It was the bitter pink one I feared.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.