Food and Drink #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads there is a huge lack of animal friends in our current holiday place. We do have bats in the evening though, which is exciting. And hummingbirds, but they’re next to impossible to get a decent picture of.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You'd be shocked at how many tourists are sucked in by the drop bear stories. On second thoughts we do have some odd animals down here so a violent koala dropping down on people's heads probably isn't too far of a reach.
I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I thought Jackalopes were a real animal until about 10 years ago. They aren't something one really thinks about, tbh.
(They're a mythical North American animal, a jack Rabbit with antlers, hence the name.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I think the man being interviewed thought haggis were real too.
One legs longer on one side, I heard.

---

You'd be shocked at how many tourists are sucked in by the drop bear stories. On second thoughts we do have some odd animals down here so a violent koala dropping down on people's heads probably isn't too far of a reach.
I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I thought Jackalopes were a real animal until about 10 years ago. They aren't something one really thinks about, tbh.
(They're a mythical North American animal, a jack Rabbit with antlers, hence the name.)
I’ve got a feeling it was on the old Sali Hughes Facebook page that someone told a story about their mum thinking Road Bears were a thing because she saw a warning sign whilst driving that said “ROAD BEARS LEFT”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This was brilliant when it went viral on Facebook a few years back.

1674679831898.png

1674679843020.png

1674679859143.png

1674679880827.png

1674679899151.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
See all this confusion over Haggis is why there are so many abandoned towards the end of January. A Haggis is for life, not just Burns night!
991B9108-A803-4C5A-900B-771FCA32A56A.jpeg

If you want to support my Haggis rehabilitation centre, please sign up to my patreon. Or if you would prefer, we also accept donations of nightsnacks

I wonder if idohan mash makes good macaroons?

---

@Falkor 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I did potentially triangulate (only approximately) a frau but didn't say anything for exactly that reason!
yeah, sorry nursey-a

I didn't mean to make you feel paranoid, i just got over excited at the thought of 🍉🧀🍕 an old pal here

soz 🙂✌

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If I were in a potential Frau area (like the QI queue) I’d pretend to make a loud phone call giving out the secret code words like slop, canal, Frau, who bleeping knows etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Lads did you know you can now get portable Idahoan in bacon/cheese and colcannon flavours from Asda? It's in a little tub like a kettle meal and costs the same price as a big Idahoan sachet.
I'm staying in a hotel this weekend 🍉 and have stocked up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
About 3/4 through Alan Rickman's diaries and I've just gotten to 2008. He describes Sarah Palin and the media's 'worship of amateurism' and my brain went JackJackJackJack 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Lads did you know you can now get portable Idahoan in bacon/cheese and colcannon flavours from Asda? It's in a little tub like a kettle meal and costs the same price as a big Idahoan sachet.
I'm staying in a hotel this weekend 🍉 and have stocked up.
yes! i remember posting about it on here after mr kcc's dad's funeral in november 2021!

we had some in from the unfortunately discontinued discount shelf in morrisons. and, after I'd left mr kcc to take his mam and brother home after the wake, i had a cheese and bacon idahoan pot to soak up the wine I'd been drinking since 1200 that day

well done on stocking up! it's sooo good!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Mither: do any of you own a tassimo machine?
I am considering getting one just to use it for hot water (apparently you can force it to do this with the plastic Tdisc)
I don’t care too much for coffee, but would like hot (boiling hot) water at the touch of a button. Good idea or nah?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Mither: do any of you own a tassimo machine?
I am considering getting one just to use it for hot water (apparently you can force it to do this with the plastic Tdisc)
I don’t care too much for coffee, but would like hot (boiling hot) water at the touch of a button. Good idea or nah?
Have you looked at the Breville one cup things? I got my mum one when she had her hip op, as then she could make a tea easily next to her in the front room and didn't have to lift/carry anything. They do instant hot water.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.