Flossie Clegg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she’s a slim girl anyway though, there’s people doing way worse with photoshop on insta
Exactly, I don’t think it’s right at all to assume someone has an eating disorder every time they lose weight or start to tone up? Yes she has been open about previously struggling but that doesn’t mean she can’t take care of herself now, and I don’t think assuming she has an eating disorder is good for her. Although it comes from a place of concern, she doesn’t look unhealthy so why not leave her at it :)
“why not leave her at it” because although you may be able to see through her photoshop, she has lots of teenage girls following her who might not be as clued in and might start being influenced subconsciously by images of flossie’s fake, unattainable dream skinny pic. it needs to be pointed out to the vulnerable teens who might have issues with eating and body image already.

Reactions: 23
I know she’ll have posted because she knows she looks thin but :/// is sis okay View attachment 464665
I came here to say this!
*DISCLAIMER* *I’m not saying she definitely has an ED, just that with her history of having one and the full recovery rate of EDs being so low that it is deff looks like it from an outside source*

Having struggled w an ED for over a decade(!) I can spot all the tricks to look thinner also I’m 5’3 and while I have a different body type (wouldn’t say I’m hourglass but I gain weight on my bum & boobs before my stomach), I can tell her body type means she gains weight first on her upper body, then on her legs.
How that’s relevant is that I focus on my legs and arms when trying to lose weight (even though my stomach is usually flat I don’t take pride from it as I think ‘my legs still look so fat’) and I’d say with her she does the opposite and focuses on her top half and doesn’t see how thin her legs get.

This all being said, what I took from this photo:
1. Her feet aren’t flat in the slippers, they’re hovering to make her legs look longer
2. She knows that her legs are thin so perhaps she’s not feeling good about other parts of her body and that is her way of showing herself she’s thin (what I do sometimes - I’ll proper suck in in a photo and make my waist seem super small when I’m feeling like my legs are fat)
3. She is turning her knees in to accentuate her thigh gap, same with the slippers being together but not her ankles - from first glance it looks like a full thigh gap when in part it is created from the gap between her ankles
4. She’s popped her right(our left) hip slightly so her waist to hip ratio is larger
5. She is arching her back with expertise! By this I mean she is titling her hips to increase her thigh gap, but in a way that hasn’t made it obvious and I only know because I’ve taking these photos before!
6. She is holding in her abdominal muscles (& probably not breathing 🤣) extra so - which you can tell from her shoulders - try it yourself, take two photos one where you’re relaxed or slightly posing, another where you’re compressing your ribs and abs (also try this with the other ways I mentioned that she’s posing to look like this)
7. This is a textbook ED bodycheck pic - the only reason I wouldn’t have my face in photos is if my pose prevents my face being in a good angle at the same time, which is only really when taking body check pics
8. She’s clearly not well but is still proud of how she looks in the way an ED will congratulate you for losing weight no matter how ill you are

my personal opinion: photos like this are damaging especially to younger audiences - I grew up in the ‘th1nspo’ tumblr era and would strive for bodies like this! It seemed no matter how thin I got my thigh gap was never that big and it wasn’t until 5 years deep into an ED that I realised all the photos I wanted to look like were impossible to accomplish because of the extreme posing being used.

TED Talk over
*mic drop*

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
If you don’t think she’s edited herself to make her legs look longer...I don’t know what to tell you 😂 she has legs like stilts and a tiny bobble head in that black bodysuit photo. If anything I think it’s embarsssinf she uploaded that and thought it looked good. It looks so disproportionate and odd and super obvious it’s been doctored. I think it is obvious that all three of them - Olivia, Flossie and Lewys have unhealthy relationships with food and probably all encourage each other or they subconsciously compete with each other. Either way, seems like a toxic environment to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I came here to say this!
*DISCLAIMER* *I’m not saying she definitely has an ED, just that with her history of having one and the full recovery rate of EDs being so low that it is deff looks like it from an outside source*

Having struggled w an ED for over a decade(!) I can spot all the tricks to look thinner also I’m 5’3 and while I have a different body type (wouldn’t say I’m hourglass but I gain weight on my bum & boobs before my stomach), I can tell her body type means she gains weight first on her upper body, then on her legs.
How that’s relevant is that I focus on my legs and arms when trying to lose weight (even though my stomach is usually flat I don’t take pride from it as I think ‘my legs still look so fat’) and I’d say with her she does the opposite and focuses on her top half and doesn’t see how thin her legs get.

This all being said, what I took from this photo:
1. Her feet aren’t flat in the slippers, they’re hovering to make her legs look longer
2. She knows that her legs are thin so perhaps she’s not feeling good about other parts of her body and that is her way of showing herself she’s thin (what I do sometimes - I’ll proper suck in in a photo and make my waist seem super small when I’m feeling like my legs are fat)
3. She is turning her knees in to accentuate her thigh gap, same with the slippers being together but not her ankles - from first glance it looks like a full thigh gap when in part it is created from the gap between her ankles
4. She’s popped her right(our left) hip slightly so her waist to hip ratio is larger
5. She is arching her back with expertise! By this I mean she is titling her hips to increase her thigh gap, but in a way that hasn’t made it obvious and I only know because I’ve taking these photos before!
6. She is holding in her abdominal muscles (& probably not breathing 🤣) extra so - which you can tell from her shoulders - try it yourself, take two photos one where you’re relaxed or slightly posing, another where you’re compressing your ribs and abs (also try this with the other ways I mentioned that she’s posing to look like this)
7. This is a textbook ED bodycheck pic - the only reason I wouldn’t have my face in photos is if my pose prevents my face being in a good angle at the same time, which is only really when taking body check pics
8. She’s clearly not well but is still proud of how she looks in the way an ED will congratulate you for losing weight no matter how ill you are

my personal opinion: photos like this are damaging especially to younger audiences - I grew up in the ‘th1nspo’ tumblr era and would strive for bodies like this! It seemed no matter how thin I got my thigh gap was never that big and it wasn’t until 5 years deep into an ED that I realised all the photos I wanted to look like were impossible to accomplish because of the extreme posing being used.

TED Talk over
*mic drop*
ok you can call this an ED or just ways to look thinner in photos, whats the difference between her tilting her hips to make her legs thinner and all the workout influencers sticking out their bums to make them look bigger? i dont think we can diagnose her with an ED just from a picture ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In her latest YouTube video at the 5 min mark she's wearing a very revealing black skirt and you can very clearly see her body type and it does not match the pic on her insta story.
I feel for her that she is still discontent with her body after years of bulimia/Ed. It's a sad reality that majority of pictures we see on insta are heavily edited 🙁

Reactions: 6
ok you can call this an ED or just ways to look thinner in photos, whats the difference between her tilting her hips to make her legs thinner and all the workout influencers sticking out their bums to make them look bigger? i dont think we can diagnose her with an ED just from a picture ffs
it’s already known she has/had an ED, she has opened up about it on youtube

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Are people forgetting that Flossie has literally admitted to having an eating disorder in the past? This isn’t something we’re pulling out of our asses 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 33
as someone with an ED the photo screams body check and she's spoken about having an ED before

• Heart
Reactions: 15
but could she not have worked on the ED and acc came to having normal eating patterns? shes spoken on the fact that she HAD one

Reactions: 2
but could she not have worked on the ED and acc came to having normal eating patterns? shes spoken on the fact that she HAD one
yes, and I'm sure she has but as we keep saying that photo in particular is textbook body check photo which is a sign of relapse :/

Reactions: 6
as someone with an ED the photo screams body check and she's spoken about having an ED before
also when it comes to the phone ive seen loads of girls on insta cover their faces with their massive phones when showing off an outfit/their body, think most people on here are taking the pics a bit to deep

Reactions: 2
also when it comes to the phone ive seen loads of girls on insta cover their faces with their massive phones when showing off an outfit/their body, think most people on here are taking the pics a bit to deep
my comment didn't mention the phone over the face it's just the way she's stood/posing

i just think everyone on insta poses/flexes certain ways, how many people do you know that just stand straight on, like its a fashion photo not a headshot at a prison

my comment didn't mention the phone over the face it's just the way she's stood/posing
sorry i had read it earlier in the thread and just wanted to mention it

Reactions: 1
i just think everyone on insta poses/flexes certain ways, how many people do you know that just stand straight on, like its a fashion photo not a headshot at a prison
We're just speaking from experience and are worried about her that's all x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She could've relapsed or fell into the same habits again, especially if she's struggling. It's like drug or alcohol addiction, people go to rehab but a few of them go back to what they know after. I guess its like that but with an eating disorder and I think its hard for those who don't have one or haven't experienced it to see it from someone's POV who has.
The way she's posing making herself have a massive thigh gap and completely altering her body from what it normally looks like is worrying, if any thing its signs of body dysmorphia.

Reactions: 7
She could've relapsed or fell into the same habits again, especially if she's struggling. It's like drug or alcohol addiction, people go to rehab but a few of them go back to what they know after. I guess its like that but with an eating disorder and I think its hard for those who don't have one or haven't experienced it to see it from someone's POV who has.
The way she's posing making herself have a massive thigh gap and completely altering her body from what it normally looks like is worrying, if any thing its signs of body dysmorphia.
but everybody poses in photos, i understand people can relapse but you can gather that from what shes posted imo

but everybody poses in photos, i understand people can relapse but you can gather that from what shes posted imo
cant*

cant*
No but someone who had a healthy body image wouldn't feel the need to pose a certain way to make themselves look better. She should embrace herself, not be posing to look taller and or giving off a vibe she has a different body size than she does

Reactions: 4
No but someone who had a healthy body image wouldn't feel the need to pose a certain way to make themselves look better. She should embrace herself, not be posing to look taller and or giving off a vibe she has a different body size than she does
you could say that about nearly everyone with a following on instagram and even main stream models, they all pose to show of what to them looks the best

you could say that about nearly everyone with a following on instagram and even main stream models, they all pose to show of what to them looks the best
Yeah and that's my point, it's unhealthy and gives out unrealistic expectations to their viewers and also themselves

Reactions: 5
Yeah and that's my point, it's unhealthy and gives out unrealistic expectations to their viewers and also themselves
yeah but everyone does it so i dont think its fair to just target her for it, also she looks perfectly healthy i really dont see the problem with the pics, im just gonna leave it there, agree to disagree

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.