Flossie Clegg #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TLDR: I’m just really triggered by her content and feeling gaslit

I have never posted on tattle before but I am soo shocked by Flossie and the amount of people defending and complimenting her on tiktok that I feel like I have to share it here where people acknowledge how harmful her content is recently. I’m in anorexia recovery which is hard enough as it is, especially with the recent rise in heroine chic/ozempic/changing beauty standards etc but I have never ever felt soo triggered by anyone person as I have by Flossie recently. In my opinion I always considered her to be slim but now she looks gaunt and I genuinely feel gaslit because I cannot believe that her weight loss is solely due to cutting out alcohol. I assume maybe she lost some water weight due to reducing her alcohol consumption but she does not look like a healthy weight, so I think she must have gotten hooked on the feeling of weight loss/compliments etc and gotten carried away after the initial weight loss from reducing alcohol. I receive treatment for anorexia and I’m classed as underweight, yet even at my lowest weight my bones weren’t visible in the way hers are. On top of that she’s obviously sucking in her stomach in so many of her posts as if she can’t tell how flat her stomach is now even when she’s not sucking in. The constant bodychecks are crazy and so so harmful and the cherry on top is how little she seems to care about the damage she is doing, even if it is unintentional.

BIG TW: The following pictures she posted are some of the most shocking I’ve seen on social media other than self proclaimed proana content
The last picture is a screenshot from her tiktok, I might be reading into this but my interpretation of her caption is that people are going to “accuse” her of body checking but she doesn’t think that’s a serious matter

Her video addressing the comments/speculation made me feel even more gaslit like why was she saying that people who are calling her out on her triggering content or expressing concern for her wellbeing are “throwing her past ED back in her face” i was actually gobsmacked! Her job is literally being an influencer (although I hate that term) so surely her one responsibility is influencing people and regardless of intent, the fact that being an influencer is a profitable job nowadays is evidence that even just an instagram photo can encourage people to engage with certain behaviours (most commonly, but not exclusively, buying a product). Therefore if somehow she has deluded herself into thinking she is well, the least she should do is take the influx of concerned commenters into consideration and a) acknowledge the validity of people’s concern given her “past” ED, b) apologise for any harm she’s done, and c) change her behaviour (the content she’s been posting) since it has (inadvertently) caused harm. I am baffled as to why she made such a defensive response rather than saying something like “Thank you guys for your concern about my wellbeing, I am doing well though so there’s nothing to worry about etc”. All the people defending her are making me feel even more gaslit because they make it seem like it’s SO unreasonable to think she’s not well or that her content is harmful it literally feels like they’re denying my reality, and they’re often very critical like calling people sensitive.
IMG_5540.png
IMG_5541.png
IMG_5542.png
IMG_5543.png
IMG_5544.png

• Heart
Reactions: 17
has anyone seen her ad for the water filter? have to say its so clever if she came up with it herself hahaha

Reactions: 1