Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fionag1980

She is 100% there, my friend is a massive fan girl of her and messaged me as soon as she saw her, she was sitting on her phone and Mike was playing with River.. can’t believe she’s pretending she’s not there

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I get it from her, I don't even know how to explain it. She screams often in vlogs, so many toys. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I am not a motherly type, but I don't know, she doesn't seem like a baby I'd like to be around.
She’s 2. I don’t know how many 2 year olds you’ve been around but sometimes they scream due to tiredness, hunger or overwhelm. They are trying to figure out the world. River seems like
River is a typical toddler. I think she's lovely. If you think River is bad you would have had my son locked up lol
I hope it’s a double cell as my son needs in!

It's not their old house, it's the Hall that they currently live in. Old house doesn't have a pool.

My niece is the same age as River. I do think River is well behaved and well mannered but she seems quite needy. She's ALWAYS asking for cuddles. I suppose every child is different but my niece is a lot more independent than River is.
Why would a toddler asking for cuddles be a bad thing?

Well, maybe I grew up in a different environment (Balkans, Eastern Europe) where parents are definitely more strict towards their kids, that's why see her being bossy as not usual. I respect your opinions truly, but still, have met way sweeter and better-behaved kids than her.
But you haven’t meet River, you’ve seen glimpses of her in vlogs. I think she seems lovely.

it’s irritates me when people have very high expectations of very young children. Their brain is growing & they are figuring out the world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’ll stick around for the drama but once that’s done it’ll be a hard unfollow. Hate people doing this and hate all of her pontificating about being so careful but then taking a totally unnecessary trip to London right before it was put under the strictest restrictions and now off on a jolly to Dubai! I know these things are technically ‘allowed’ but just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Huge slap in face to people who actually have been careful, who have had to shield, or who like me have had to cancel THREE trips to try to see my family who live in the US. I haven’t seen my mother in TWO YEARS because of this.

There’s people that are dying, Fleur.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I don’t mean that he looks older from being grey, I just mean that the poor lad looking pretty haggard in general is what’s aging him and making it look like he’s had a tough paper round 😂
my husband started going bald at 18. Some things you just can’t help. If mike dyed his hair people would poke fun at that. We can’t help the hand we are dealt.

aa far as the hip goes stress fractures are easy to ignore while training and the result can be really bad (like breaking the whole bone). Again just a bad go around, nothing to do with age.

Also FWIW I hve a 2.5 year old and she up my butt the entire day. Hold me! Don’t hold me! I am hungry! I don’t like eating! I want to play outside! I don’t like outside! Mama I need a snack! Mama I don’t like snacks! Help me! I can do it by muself! Play me with! You’re not playing right! I want juice! I don’t like juice!

Kids are kids. River seems like a normal kid to me. Toddlers are totally insane and I would never want to film mine for the world to see in case she started yelling she eats cat food or peed on the floor on accident or a zillion other things that are ‘normal’ in toddler world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I’m not sure why everyone’s hating on Fleur and Mike for being “Tories” and “toffs”. There are much ‘toff-ier’ Tory types out there. These two don’t strike me as being like that. Yes they’re insanely wealthy and own land but other than that... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 38

openbook1

VIP Member
I finally unsubscribed from her tonight. Her Jo Malone advert is so mistimed. Barely affording to do the essentials atm. Massive job insecurity. Oh hey, spend best part of £200 on my Xmas stocking... Urmmm no love. Another lockdown coming get real 🧐
I mean, that is her work. She will have signed a contract that she can't back out of. I'm sorry you are in that situation but life is going on for some and there are some who can afford that.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

ECH

VIP Member
I really loved her Vlogmas this year. Still find it wild how she's the richest YouTuber and has had the best and most relatable Vlogmas.

Reactions: 37

Tree_

VIP Member
River is a typical toddler. I think she's lovely. If you think River is bad you would have had my son locked up lol

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Lemonz

VIP Member
I dont think she's showing off... i think she's spent a long time deliberately NOT showing off but tbh people like interiors content and its pretty hard to not show your house when doing that and its fairly unavoidable that eventually we'd see how massive it is

Reactions: 35

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
House tour (what we’ve seen so far)

Big entrance area with fireplace
Some kind of extra lounge or maybe the extension of the entry (they had the bar there at their Christmas party)
Hallway, recently tiled (Fleur showed herself sealing/cleaning it in lockdown)
Sitting room (where they watch TV)
Mike’s office (huge!)
Kitchen
Pantry
Boot room
Fleur’s office/River’s playroom
Cinema room (possibly in a basement)
Some type of conservatory area (brown tiles, was their kitchen & living area while they were doing the kitchen reno)
Back stairs (Fleur does try-ons there, might be connected to conservatory, hard to tell!)
Main stairs (blue carpet, big confused on this one since we’ve seen the new corridor)

7 bedrooms (counting the newly shown with with the awful pink paper, theirs, Rivers, spare room she always films in, another room she often films in & 2 more she’s filmed in with Mike - see baby names video I think)
3 bathrooms
Dressing room

Open to correction! I’ve just spent ten mins typing that & my own regular house in a state!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I love Fleur, I love Mike and I love their dynamic. They’re not showy but they’re clearly extremely in love and settled with one another and have been for years. I find so many Youtubers show off their relationships in a very flashy way but Fleur and Mike genuinely seem like lovely people with no need to flaunt anything as they’re solid.

• Heart

Smca53

VIP Member
I honestly find it wild that she still gets gifted so many things for Christmas as an adult. I can’t imagine being her age and receiving a sports bra and leggings (that I had obviously picked out) from my brother and his family lol. The way she speaks about the things that X, Y and Z person “got me for Christmas” reminds me of the way the toddlers in my family speak about what they got for Christmas :ROFLMAO: and the fact that she felt the need to mention that her friends hadn’t all yet given her the gifts she would be getting!

• Haha
  • Heart

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I’m not mesmerised by her at all, I really disliked her after rivers birth in fact,
I just want examples of her over consumerism, her gifts always seem very thoughtful and practical, books, cooking utensils, something she’s loved in the past etc.
and I never see her hauling outfits like other influencers,

And all toddlers need a certain amount of toys!
I think Fleur has been too materialistic at times. But buying presents for her friends at Christmas is a nice thing to do especially as she seems to take the time to pick thoughtful gifts. Her consumerism Is pumping much needed cash back into the economy plus she has tried to promote small businesses.
I wasn’t a fan of the headless baby pictures but can’t fault her for buying Christmas presents!

I really really admire her for not only sharing her fertility struggles, but for also sharing how seeing pregnant women & newborns makes her feel. I have been lucky not to have struggled but like everyone I know many who have & it comes with so many difficult emotions including emotions that people are judgemental of like anger & jealously. I had someone refuse an invitation to my wedding as they said they were in such a bad place if anyone announced they were pregnant they wouldn’t be able to cope. I think seeing Fleur share such emotions will help people.

Tree_

VIP Member
On a sidenote, does anyone else think that Fleur/Mike are struggling with disciplining River? Not trying to shame other people's parenting, but I'm just a bit shocked how they seemingly cater to every tantrum River starts to throw, based on what we've seen in the vlogs..

I don't have any kids, so I definitely don't know if this is normal, but keen to hear what everyone else thinks. Just hoping that doesn't make the girl grow up with an entitled attitude..
1Tbh i expect they are picking their battles. And yeh everyone's a perfect parent until they have kids 🤣🤣

Influenzapandemic

it is the year the world imploded,
I will not drag a bitch because she bought and wrapped some Christmas gifts 😂

which are usually always books or cook books anyway 😂
If I was her friend I’d expect the Cartier btw
🤣🤣 I feel like we’re expected to not give gifts anymore to be less ‘consumerist’ but as someone else said it helps the economy (which is dearly needed right now) and I will not judge a person for buying friends & family gifts. IT'S A NICE THING! we can't all be vegan living in the wilderness in a hessian sack.

• Haha
  • Heart

bellbells16

VIP Member
Very naive of her to go and think she's get away with it. And worse to be posting pictures pretending she's at home. I used to live there and it's a hive of people from the UK and Ireland, probably the people most likely to recognise Fleur.

I can just imagine all the tacky designer stuff that she'll buy over there and won't be able to post online, poor Fleur. #sarcasm

I thought Fleur had really carved out a little niche for herself on youtube this year with her vlogs after years of struggling with content. It's mad that she bulldozed that for a few days in Dubai, it will still be there once the pandemic is over.

Reactions: 33

BelleAmie

VIP Member
I’m sorry, I can’t hold it back any longer. River is too cute for words. Fleur’s Instagram stories today of decorating the tree actually made my ovaries hurt a little bit.

idk2

VIP Member
She and mike seem to have endless patience with river wren. Never showing themselves looking a little stressed or snapping at her or each other during lockdown when they had her 24/7. When fleur was rearranging all her jewellery and river was playing with it, i would never have been allowed to mess around with my mum's stuff especially when she was working amd in this case.filming it was the work.

I know she films and edits it herself but i was still struck by it.

Very sad she's having to change her diet again. I hope she gets that thyroid under control.
I think this is a very personal approach to parenting but speaking from a close friend of mine who is struggling like Fleur. They have endless patience with their child doing things like messing around with jewellery or making a mess when they knew they were struggling to have another. It put things in perspective for them and made them count their blessings in a way.