Finch Bakery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t get what all the fuss is about. It’s just cake. Lots of it. In a jar rather than on a plate 😂
I think its a cute idea for wedding favours etc so you can take it away but I don't get buying one to just eat, buy a cake!

Reactions: 5
I do find it odd that the cookies have suddenly gone from this to the picture you posted, perfectly even and baked 🤔
100% why would they not just use the ones theyve made for the ganache ones!

Share the recipe for your flat costco cookies please hunzzzzzzz

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Is the ‘open til sell out’ thing all that great? I know it’s a hype and they’d argue you make the same amount in a shorter space of time but it will die down.
Wouldn’t you want to make money all day?

Reactions: 3
Is the ‘open til sell out’ thing all that great? I know it’s a hype and they’d argue you make the same amount in a shorter space of time but it will die down.
I reckon they think‘Sell out’ makes them sound good. People will think they’re missing out if theyre selling out within a few hours.
I’d be maximising profits and baking cakes til they come out my arse to get the £££ 😋

Reactions: 9
I reckon they think‘Sell out’ makes them sound good. People will think they’re missing out if theyre selling out within a few hours.
I’d be maximising profits and baking cakes til they come out my arse to get the £££ 😋
For the queues they get, I don't even think they make that much 🤷🏼‍♀️
When I last went, we were about half way back in the queue, the queue wasn't massive, and by the time we got to the front, they'd sold half the brownies, blondies and a big majority of the cupcakes. Because people don't just go buy 1 thing, they go and buy loads.

There were only around 10 of each flavour cupcake and around 5 of each flavour jar

Reactions: 4
The big cookies are £2.50 each so using those they would need to charge over £5 for a cookie sandwich and it would be massive. Maybe they just use a different recipe for the thinner cookies?

As for being open until they sell out, I suspect the number of customers could be a bit unpredictable so it might avoid waste. However I do agree that making people feel they might miss out will stimulate demand.

I can confirm there’s no heartbreak quite like standing in the finch b queue for half an hour, and the person in front of you buys the last sticky toffee pudding jar 😡😂

Reactions: 6
Whats the betting Albas random cookie is in the book and using the leticia bakes recipe 😅

• Haha
Can anyone make a new thread?

The tiles don't look right. Like they should be the other way?

The black grout, well. The comments are spot on 😂even with white grout it just doesn't look quit right.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.