Films that make you cry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ET was the first film I saw at the cinema and I apparently sobbed for days, even when telling people about it - 'but I didn't want ET to go home' 😭😭😭 I still can't watch it now without crying
Me too. Every time. Even when they Both get ill And I know they will recover. Such an emotional rollercoaste.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I caught the bridge to terabithia one Christmas and didn't know anything about it and there's a certain bit that made me sob and even walking to the pub later on in the day I started thinking about it and sobbed again.
It was too much 😭

Reactions: 1
Muriel’s Wedding where she doesn’t notice her Mum as she leaves the wedding. Her Mum’s face breaks my heart! Then the funeral 😭 it’s one of my favourite ever movies, but that bit always sticks with me

Reactions: 6
My Best Friend’s Wedding 💔
Haven’t watched it for ages, and am actually now afraid to... because yep, I did it, fell for my male best friend 🤦🏼‍♀️
Anyway, I know Julianne was pretty selfish throughout the film. But in the end she did do the ‘right thing’, and let Michael go. Thus, showing that she really did love him.
I love it.

Schindler’s List

I never cry at films and I can’t remember another film I’ve cried at. But I watched it during lockdown and had tears streaming at the end whenthey give him the ring and he breaks down for the first time because he couldn’t save more people I just thought it was an amazing way to bring the film back to being about the Jewish people that didn’t survive instead of being a hero film. Emotional thinking about it!

Up
My girl... where’s his glasses
Love actually - every single time
Marley and me
Fault in our stars
Me before you
Toy story 4 - the beginning at school got me where she had no friends (my daughter had just started school and it got me) and the end

I’m sure there are loads more but can’t think off top of my head

not a film but greys anatomy gets me most episodes

Brilliant thread!
Top of my list is my go to for when I need a guaranteed sob- 13 going on 30. When she's on he way back to her parents house and Vienna by Billy Joel plays.

I always cry at the Lion King when Circle of Life starts playing, I get goosebumps I don’t know why! Quite embarassing really, I was crying at the remake in the cinema the other year 😂

Some great films have been already mentioned but I'd like to add;
Collateral beauty -Wiil Smith
Million dollar baby- Hillary Swank.
Absolute crying corkers.

I am a seriously emotional film watcher but these are the ones off the top of my head
The pursuit of happyness
Titanic
Marley and Me
Its a wonderful life
Beaches
Toy Story 4
Armageddon
Les Mis
Most Disney films

Coco - it's the first time I've seen my husband cry at any film, never mind a cartoon. We were both such a mess.
Bicentennial Man - loved this film when I was a kid but watched it again recently and sobbed.
Song For Marion - not sure if anyone's seen this but saw it on BBC2 once, Terence Stamp's character sings in a choir in honour of his late wife. First time I ugly cried at a film.
Mamma Mia 2 - cried at the scene when young Donna gives birth to Sophie. I was at the cinema away from my 5 week old son for the first time. Just wanted to run home and give him endless cuddles.

I’d be shocked if this hasn’t yet been suggested but the one that breaks me EVERY time is ‘Ghost’. Even more heart wrenching now that poor Patrick died 😭