Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rulebreaker101

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I am sad. She is ok. I’ve been sleeping at the hospital next to her the entire time. Cancer is spreading; to her bones jaw and other side of breast. She is fighting a dry cough and so am I. You get sickness in hospitals more than you know! So annoying!

will keep you updated and thank you for reading her story & checking in. The twin girl you see in her pic isn’t me! I’m the youngest sibling, about 12 years difference. Many doctors think we look a like haha! Love you all xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Super Cute

VIP Member
@Emmy-Loo Loveless @notgifted I hope your little ones are a bit better today and you’ve had some rest 😘

I had the day from hell 😩 started with one of my staff denting my car door (atleast she was honest) then I had the young girl download on me that she’d broken up with her boyfriend of 7 years (they’re about to start building a house) next in line was a member of my team debriefing about her sons suicidal and homicidal threats (she’s actually not safe in her home) and moved on to one of my close colleagues saying they’re going to request a demotion because they can’t handle the pressure anymore 🙁

I got home at 6:30 (11 hour day) emotionally and physically drained. I’m working from home the next couple of days and taking Friday as an annual leave day as I’m fried 😢

PS I just rummaged around in the pantry and found half a bag of cheese Twisties that I told my husband to hide from me….and scoffed them!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

notgifted

VIP Member
Pray for me guys, school is back tomorrow, which makes me sad a sinlcoe the time with my kids, but I’m back at work after weeks away & I logged in to have a peak at what awaits me 🥲🥲🥲 dear god, the lazy lady I work with has done nothing, I feel so sick and stressed! It’s not fair, I have weeks worth of work to catch up on, management just don’t give a shit!

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

ChunkyCustard

This weeks menu (1 adult, 2 teen boys (which equates to about 7 normal humans)

Monday: "savoury mince" and rice (it means mince, whatever sad veg I want to get rid of, a bunch of spices, a shake of sweet chilli sauce, and some other sad fridge things like the clumpy bbq sauce stuck to the lid. Literally never the same thing twice)
Tuesday: risotto (skin pork sausages, fry up, add to quick no stir risotto from a cook book I was given 18 years ago)
Wednesday: shepherds pie with sweet potato mash
Thursday: honey mustard pasta bake from last months Coles mag
Friday: Fritatta
Saturday: FFYS night (fend for yourself shithead - no one is ever home, and when they are they inevitably hate what I cook and make a pie anyway so now I don't bother)
Sunday: piss off to Dad's house so he can "parent" by having you there for 2 hours and making one meal... which he doesn't even make anyway, as he lives in a house with 4 adults and one baby, but still...father of the year. Let's all clap for him.

• Haha

EmmyLou_Spew

Chatty Member
😍😍 kittens and dogs! I'm here for it!

This is Alexis Rose and every bit the princess her namesake is on Schitts Creek

20220713_191735.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

rulebreaker101

VIP Member
Guys, it’s been 7 weeks since my last period. I think everyone’s right when I hear I ovulated late. Blood test booked for Monday. I am a wreck

• Heart
  • Haha

Dalej7

Chatty Member
Here’s my Monty - edit: apologies for the SIZE of this! I’m on an iPad and not good with sizing etc View attachment 1511140

He’s a cavvie and is 13, and this photo was taken when he’d been waiting patiently for me to play with him and had lined up a couple of toys.

I‘m 55, have a 24 year old son and a husband who I’m trying to leave.
I just helped my mum leave my dad. Boy is it scary!
He still doesnt know. He thinks she's just here with me.
Hopefully your son can help support you. Its definitely not easy to do alone. But also mum had a lot of help from a place called orange door.
Definitely get in touch with them. Not sure if you are from Vic or if they are aus wide but man they helped so much. Also uniting helped her to furnish her whole place for free! So definitely look for as many support services as possible. They are out there but mum had no idea until I forced her to see a psychologist and she put her onto them! Good luck 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 16

posty post

VIP Member
Good morning fezzas

My absolute worst fear has happened and my beloved baby can’t be saved! I’m literally so so heartbroken. I’m just making arrangements now. Does anyone know some place I can get pillows made of him in Australia. Every place I’ve googled shows me overseas and I’d like them sooner rather than later. I would prefer ones of his whole body rather than just his head! Damn pets why do they have to make us love them so very much.
Thank you sorry I don’t have anything nicer to post today.

• Sad
  • Heart

meg_snarkle

VIP Member
Girls,
How do you survive a divorce after 22 years?
‘not after a pity party. Just, anyone else been through this?
‘It literally feels like my life is ending.

• Heart
  • Sad

Super Cute

VIP Member
So last night I informed my boss (by text because he’s never there) that I’ll be on sick leave for atleast the next 2 weeks due to workplace stressors. I said I’ll contact him when I’m ready to talk. He knows full well the stressors I mean as I’ve told him on multiple occasions and asked him to take action.

I’ve written down my symptoms (just for my own reference) because I’ve been ignoring them for so long and brainwashed into thinking stress isn’t real. Well it’s real for me and the evidence of the impact on my body can’t be denied.

I’ll see how the conversation with him goes and if he owns any of it or goes into defence mode. His response will determine my next move which may be submitting a workcover claim. Either way I have about 3 years worth of sick leave I could stay on. I don’t want to do that though as I do enjoy my job mostly and I’m very good at it.

Thanks for listening Fezzas! Now I’m off on a solo road trip to my Best Friend Charlottes farm for some RnR 🥳💗

• Heart

Super Cute

VIP Member
I wanted to meet all of you and know I want to meet all your pets! I've mentioned it on EL thread I'm sure, but I'm a stay home mum/ farm hand. We have 4 dogs, 5 cats, a goat, ducks, chickens, pigs, sheep and cattle. One of the pigs just birthed 13 but only 7 survived. One escaped and we found it trying to hide in the wood pile lol - now happily reunited with mama pig.

I'm not too afraid of being recognised on here. I would hate to be doxxed by any of the people I talk about though. I don't really think that's EL's style, but I can see someone like C Findlay doing that.

@HumptyDumptyLou much love to you. I hope you've got lots of support around you. We're here obviously 💓 I knew @Dalej7 would have great advice - wishing your mum the best when she does arrive back home.

@itsspelleddivinenotdevine oh poor bubba. Yeeeaaars ago when my new baby was full up and Fess wasn't helping, the maternal child and health nurse suggested breast milk to clear her nostrils. Worked a treat.

@Super Cute that must have been so incredibly scary for you. I'm so glad he's doing well now 💛

@EmmyLou_Spew oh my GOD! Those illustrations are phenomenal!

Went to Melbourne last night to see Superwog at the Athaneum. Hadn't been to the city since pre pandemic. Had planned to get there early and eat in Chinatown. But we left late, I am the worst at directions and Google maps was making a mockery of me. I tried to lead us to a high clearance parking garage, got thoroughly lost. My son started to get car sick and began spewing (thank God for travel sick bags). Thankfully hubby knows the cbd from working there in his younger years. Found on street parking, ate a rushed shitty Maccas dinner and made it to the show just as they were about to go on stage. Only four seats in the row instead of the 5 I had booked. Manager was a total douchebag but thankfully a lovely usher found spare seats so we split up and watched the show. My 11 year old saw a punk and had her conservative little soul shocked to the core 🤣
Snarky you are so bloody thoughtful and considerate of everyone on here 🥰

Trip to the big smoke for us country mice 🐭 can be very overwhelming! On our trip last weekend we seemed to be in the pathway for all the angry young men out there! My husband nearly got bowled over by some angry guy barging along Southbank. He then proceeded to call my husband all sorts of expletives. Was terrifying! I needed a week off to recover 🥹🙃

I’m a relatively new empty nester (2 adult children 24/26) working in education for the last 21 years. 1 dog who we rescued from the pound and is Kween of the house!

• Heart

HumptyDumptyLou

Your situation really resonates with me as it’s something I’ve considered for a very long time. My most recent discussion with my husband about it opened my eyes to how he was feeling (he’s always gone into his cave but is more willing to talk nowadays). We were really able to communicate explicitly how each other’s behaviour impacted on us, what we needed at this stage of our lives and the non negotiables if we were to move forward. Is this sort of conversation something you’d like to have or feel possible?

Whatever the decision, you’re a very brave woman. From my experience in supporting a close friend going through this, there’s going to be highs and lows and possibly fracturing of relationships (your children - if any, friends, relatives). Everyone will have an opinion but only yours matters ❣
Thanks so much @Super Cute!
I’ve been thinking about this on and off for 10 years, and there was an incident a year ago that made up my mind for good.
I’ve talked to the husband several times about this in the last year, and we get on better now than in years gone by because I stand up for myself more than ever, but I don’t want to be his caretaker for the rest of his life. That’s all he wants, and he’s suggested many times that we change our house into two separate dwellings and live apart, be separated but I can pop in and care for him when he’s sick. That’s his priority.
He’s 68 and doesn’t work and has complained to every family member that he can’t claim the aged pension because my income is just over the threshold. Never mind that my income has paid for everything in the last five years because he doesn’t want to work.
This isn’t going to be easy plus I don’t have any family in Australia either is why I‘ve stayed with him as long as I have; I love my in-laws, I just don’t love their brother and uncle.
Thank you to everyone who‘s sent kind thoughts and love, you have no idea how much that’s uplifted and helped me feel not so alone in the last week. 💗

• Heart

Super Cute

VIP Member
So I thought after a few years single I’ll hop on the dating apps….deleted within a day 🥴View attachment 1841129
Noooooo!!! What a knob.

Back about 35 years ago when I was very young and single, I was at a party and a guy ripped the label off his VB stubby and gave it to me saying “This is for you, it stands for Very Beautiful “….

Still the most romantic thing that’s ever happened to me 😂😂😂

Fortunately I didn’t fall for it and went home to make a Dear Diary entry (sticking the label in) and then off to sleep in my single waterbed…

A few weeks later I met my future husband at a party and this VB guy was there….with my future husband…they were best mates 🥳😂🤭

Fark I’m bored 😒

• Haha
  • Heart

PAINTJOB

Chatty Member
I wonder if people googled her name + hideous dresses and this thread came up
(I found tattle from googling Sophie Cachia + aisuru and this came up, not her website 😂 the algorithm works in mysterious ways…)
I googled Emmylou Loves Husband and this came up. At first I was horrified. Now I’m an active member and have seen the light 😂😂😂

• Haha

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
I wanted to meet all of you and know I want to meet all your pets! I've mentioned it on EL thread I'm sure, but I'm a stay home mum/ farm hand. We have 4 dogs, 5 cats, a goat, ducks, chickens, pigs, sheep and cattle. One of the pigs just birthed 13 but only 7 survived. One escaped and we found it trying to hide in the wood pile lol - now happily reunited with mama pig.

I'm not too afraid of being recognised on here. I would hate to be doxxed by any of the people I talk about though. I don't really think that's EL's style, but I can see someone like C Findlay doing that.

@HumptyDumptyLou much love to you. I hope you've got lots of support around you. We're here obviously 💓 I knew @Dalej7 would have great advice - wishing your mum the best when she does arrive back home.

@itsspelleddivinenotdevine oh poor bubba. Yeeeaaars ago when my new baby was full up and Fess wasn't helping, the maternal child and health nurse suggested breast milk to clear her nostrils. Worked a treat.

@Super Cute that must have been so incredibly scary for you. I'm so glad he's doing well now 💛

@EmmyLou_Spew oh my GOD! Those illustrations are phenomenal!

Went to Melbourne last night to see Superwog at the Athaneum. Hadn't been to the city since pre pandemic. Had planned to get there early and eat in Chinatown. But we left late, I am the worst at directions and Google maps was making a mockery of me. I tried to lead us to a high clearance parking garage, got thoroughly lost. My son started to get car sick and began spewing (thank God for travel sick bags). Thankfully hubby knows the cbd from working there in his younger years. Found on street parking, ate a rushed shitty Maccas dinner and made it to the show just as they were about to go on stage. Only four seats in the row instead of the 5 I had booked. Manager was a total douchebag but thankfully a lovely usher found spare seats so we split up and watched the show. My 11 year old saw a punk and had her conservative little soul shocked to the core 🤣

• Heart
Awww all the pets! No pets here. Our elderly cat was put down a few months back 😭.

My (almost) 4 year old exists on air. Won’t even eat chicken nuggets. I haven’t tried cute food set ups! Maybe I should. I’m good with all the cute, Pinteresty play stuff. Surely I can manage food 😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15