Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought I'd post this as I have a feeling someone here needs to hear it:

If you have dripping/leaking taps in your house - either inside or out - get them fixed ... even if it costs a fair bit.

Leaking / dripping taps is symbolic of money going down the drain.
Yes - I completely agree! This is very good advice 💛

Reactions: 5
Thank you, lovely things to say.
The night after I wrote that post I dreamt I went to my Dad’s house and he was there. He said it had all been a mistake and he hadn’t really died. In my dream I was so happy and I went to his kitchen to make him a cup of tea but when I went back into his lounge he’d gone. Then I received a text from him saying “So sorry, I’m on the way to hospital and I forgot to say goodbye.” I woke up crying my eyes out.

I was out of sorts all day, couldn’t really function, didn’t even check emails that day.

Next morning I checked my emails and there was one from the day before.
It was from the Covid Memorial Wall.
I had requested a heart be dedicated to my dad many weeks ago but, as names were being added to the hearts by volunteers, I knew it would take a while.
Attached to the email was a photograph of my Dad’s heart with his name on it.
There was a message painted on this section of the wall of hearts saying “Hope all loved ones are safe.”
My Dad’s named heart was directly under the word “safe”. I took it as a message telling me he is safe now. ❤
Sorry, not really Feng Shui but you said there is no such thing as coincidence...
This is a lovely story and I hope the message from your Dad gives you comfort.

It is well positioned in this thread, thanks for sharing. I feel that Feng Shui also has a lot to do with love and there is definitely a lot of love in your story.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you, lovely things to say.
The night after I wrote that post I dreamt I went to my Dad’s house and he was there. He said it had all been a mistake and he hadn’t really died. In my dream I was so happy and I went to his kitchen to make him a cup of tea but when I went back into his lounge he’d gone. Then I received a text from him saying “So sorry, I’m on the way to hospital and I forgot to say goodbye.” I woke up crying my eyes out.

I was out of sorts all day, couldn’t really function, didn’t even check emails that day.

Next morning I checked my emails and there was one from the day before.
It was from the Covid Memorial Wall.
I had requested a heart be dedicated to my dad many weeks ago but, as names were being added to the hearts by volunteers, I knew it would take a while.
Attached to the email was a photograph of my Dad’s heart with his name on it.
There was a message painted on this section of the wall of hearts saying “Hope all loved ones are safe.”
My Dad’s named heart was directly under the word “safe”. I took it as a message telling me he is safe now. ❤
Sorry, not really Feng Shui but you said there is no such thing as coincidence...

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

So much of Feng Shui is about imagery (IMHO) so I think your post is pure Feng Shui.

I was so touched reading your profound post by the way. You describe it so, so beautifully.

I have seen photos of the wall of hearts and it is a deeply moving memorial. 💛

This is so beautiful. I completely believe this was a message directly to you. Thinking of you and sending my love xx
100% agree. 💛

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I received an advert for a kind of lottery raffle. Should I give it a go and buy it? Maybe the little toad sent it?

Or does Feng Shui not go with lottery?
I think you should. You have to be in to win. Don't go crazy - even a minimum spend puts you in with a chance.

Feng Shui definitely works in tune with lotteries. A lot of practitioners will fold their lottery ticket(s) in half and insert their Feng Shui gold coins in the fold to encourage a windfall, or otherwise place their ticket(s) under their money frog or - even better - their Pi Yao ornament.

I used to visit a very lucky lottery store in the middle of nowhere that had a huge large laughing Buddha statue on its counter; there were many urban myths that rubbing one's ticket on his belly would encourage a lottery win. I will say that it definitely worked for me. I'm not rich, but that method did send a few wins my way -- not every time I did it, just occasionally.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you should. You have to be in to win. Don't go crazy - even a minimum spend puts you in with a chance.

Feng Shui definitely works in tune with lotteries. A lot of practitioners will fold their lottery ticket(s) in half and insert their Feng Shui gold coins in the fold to encourage a windfall, or otherwise place their ticket(s) under their money frog or - even better - their Pi Yao ornament.

I used to visit a very lucky lottery store in the middle of nowhere that had a huge large laughing Buddha statue on its counter; there were many urban myths that rubbing one's ticket on his belly would encourage a lottery win. I will say that it definitely worked for me. I'm not rich, but that method did send a few wins my way -- not every time I did it, just occasionally.
I bought a ticket! Even before I read your lovely post - thank you so much for the affirming thoughts.

Yes, I also read that a lot of lottery shops adhere to Feng Shui principles.

I also tidied up the side board in my wealth and fame corners.
I moved some of the clutter to other parts of the flat of course, but hope that I will have managed to clear it all by the end of the weekend.
I also have some old and spare magazines and I will use those to produce a vision board according to Feng Shui principles - I have a vision board on my iPad but it cannot hurt to have another one.

I really hope to bring peace and stability in my life and think that doing this might help me to accomplish that.

• Heart
I received an advert for a kind of lottery raffle. Should I give it a go and buy it? Maybe the little toad sent it?

Or does Feng Shui not go with lottery?
Short answer - yes! It goes very well with opening up to all sources either expected or unexpected. 👏

I am sooooo looking forward to the post where you will say;

‘I know this might sound a bit ridiculous - BUT...’ ;)

I’ve just been on a little hunt through my extensive book shelves so that I could show you a book that helped me a lot in 1993. It helped me to become brave enough to set up my own company just a few years later. (The company has now evolved into a well respected (within our industry) national company. It started with a girl with an idea ;) . I found it so useful for actively focussing on what I wanted to draw to myself...I thought putting it here may help. My Feng Shui journey began as a result of this book because it opened me up to the idea of the infinity of solution. In other words - just because I haven’t thought of something doesn’t mean it isn’t available to help
27D344BE-3984-4BA6-905D-E39EFD44B238.jpeg
me...(Hope this makes sense).💛

I’ve just been on a little hunt through my extensive book shelves so that I could show you a book that helped me a lot in 1993. It helped me to become brave enough to set up my own company just a few years later. (The company has now evolved into a well respected (within our industry) national company. It started with a girl with an idea ;) . I found it so useful for actively focussing on what I wanted to draw to myself...I thought putting it here may help. My Feng Shui journey began as a result of this book because it opened me up to the idea of the infinity of solution. In other words - just because I haven’t thought of something doesn’t mean it isn’t available to help
27D344BE-3984-4BA6-905D-E39EFD44B238.jpeg
me...(Hope this makes sense).💛

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Short answer - yes! It goes very well with opening up to all sources either expected or unexpected. 👏

I’ve just been on a little hunt through my extensive book shelves so that I could show you a book that helped me a lot in 1993. It helped me to become brave enough to set up my own company just a few years later. (The company has now evolved into a well respected (within our industry) national company. It started with a girl with an idea ;) . I found it so useful for actively focussing on what I wanted to draw to myself...I thought putting it here may help. My Feng Shui journey began as a result of this book because it opened me up to the idea of the infinity of solution. In other words - just because I haven’t thought of something doesn’t mean it isn’t available to help View attachment 583877me...(Hope this makes sense).💛

I’ve just been on a little hunt through my extensive book shelves so that I could show you a book that helped me a lot in 1993. It helped me to become brave enough to set up my own company just a few years later. (The company has now evolved into a well respected (within our industry) national company. It started with a girl with an idea ;) . I found it so useful for actively focussing on what I wanted to draw to myself...I thought putting it here may help. My Feng Shui journey began as a result of this book because it opened me up to the idea of the infinity of solution. In other words - just because I haven’t thought of something doesn’t mean it isn’t available to help View attachment 583877me...(Hope this makes sense).💛

Thank you so much dear Oops. This was really kind of you, to look up the book and post a photo of it. I really appreciate all your support.

Especially today, to be honest. Today I had another rubbish day, I am having a tough time at the moment and was fighting my way through the day when I got another bad message.

I felt like I was standing next to an abyss and called my counsellor who thankfully was able to talk to me and I now feel better.
She said that I simply had bad luck for the past couple of years and encouraged me to face things head on as otherwise I will get used to avoiding things that make me feel bad.

So I guess I will have another few weeks of fighting fires ahead of me.

A lot of my problems have to do with money and loss: my former partner tried to rip me off, I received bad advice, was betrayed etc.

So I was hoping that a more positive focus, including taking care of the Feng Shui of my life, could change the tide. I had so many hopes and they had been quashed and ripped out of my hands by misfortune or simply by simply having met the wrong people.

I am not looking to become rich and famous for the sake of it, but would like to be able to have my own home and support my family so that they are comfortable and secure. I hope that I can achieve this in the not too distant future.

Have a nice and relaxing evening :)

• Heart
I guess. It's the best place for my love of sardonic commentary.
Actually and weirdly, Amalia - I am getting great joy out of the Aldi and Lidl thread - very tongue in cheek humour. I seem to recall that you don’t like to cook but you might enjoy ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Actually and weirdly, Amalia - I am getting great joy out of the Aldi and Lidl thread - very tongue in cheek humour. I seem to recall that you don’t like to cook but you might enjoy ❤
Is that a real thread or are you joking? I have atm problems with the tattle page on both of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome on Win10). Sometimes I have a search tool and then again not, sometimes I have to repeat the wanted action again and again etc. So I can't look it up myself. Guess I could google it 🤪
Because the Lidl thread I know of, has nothing to do with cooking 😂😂😂😂😂 (despise 1200 kniFes)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is that a real thread or are you joking? I have atm problems with the tattle page on both of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome on Win10). Sometimes I have a search tool and then again not, sometimes I have to repeat the wanted action again and again etc. So I can't look it up myself. Guess I could google it 🤪
Because the Lidl thread I know of, has nothing to do with cooking 😂😂😂😂😂 (despise 1200 kniFes)
No- ha! - it’s just an innocent thread on Tattle - launched only two weeks ago, I think - but just a back and fro about shopping - v humorous and laid back. My fave Mod called it the third aisle of Tattle - aptly put. I just thought it would be an easy way back in, nothing more. Hope all good with you. X

• Haha
Thank you so much dear Oops. This was really kind of you, to look up the book and post a photo of it. I really appreciate all your support.

Especially today, to be honest. Today I had another rubbish day, I am having a tough time at the moment and was fighting my way through the day when I got another bad message.

I felt like I was standing next to an abyss and called my counsellor who thankfully was able to talk to me and I now feel better.
She said that I simply had bad luck for the past couple of years and encouraged me to face things head on as otherwise I will get used to avoiding things that make me feel bad.

So I guess I will have another few weeks of fighting fires ahead of me.

A lot of my problems have to do with money and loss: my former partner tried to rip me off, I received bad advice, was betrayed etc.

So I was hoping that a more positive focus, including taking care of the Feng Shui of my life, could change the tide. I had so many hopes and they had been quashed and ripped out of my hands by misfortune or simply by simply having met the wrong people.

I am not looking to become rich and famous for the sake of it, but would like to be able to have my own home and support my family so that they are comfortable and secure. I hope that I can achieve this in the not too distant future.

Have a nice and relaxing evening :)
Little thought for bedtime;

You are an unlimited being and as such you can create anything you want. If you can get your hands on this book I PROMISE it will help you to begin the healthy practise of unlimited thinking. It has ‘playsheets’ in it where you can write down everything you need for a blueprint for a much better, healthier way of experiencing your life. My daughter and I were reading what I had written in my book in 1993 today (having dug it out for you) and marvelling that what I wrote in the book happened EXACTLY as I wrote it back then. So living proof exists and I have my beady eye on you 🤫
The very fact that you are here on this thread shows me that you have already on some level acknowledged you need to make changes for the better. You have actually taken a giant stride in the right direction even though you may not appreciate that at the moment. Watch what starts to happen with a bit of application - just sayin’ ;).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've just put some gold coins (regular currency, not Feng Shui coins), under my front door mat; I'll let you know if by doing so I receive a big windfall (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If you feel near the abyss, I’m here to listen if you need it.
Oh my, this is so kind and lovely of you, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

I am feeling a bit stronger today and hope to be able to take some constructive steps.

Little thought for bedtime;

You are an unlimited being and as such you can create anything you want. If you can get your hands on this book I PROMISE it will help you to begin the healthy practise of unlimited thinking. It has ‘playsheets’ in it where you can write down everything you need for a blueprint for a much better, healthier way of experiencing your life. My daughter and I were reading what I had written in my book in 1993 today (having dug it out for you) and marvelling that what I wrote in the book happened EXACTLY as I wrote it back then. So living proof exists and I have my beady eye on you 🤫
The very fact that you are here on this thread shows me that you have already on some level acknowledged you need to make changes for the better. You have actually taken a giant stride in the right direction even though you may not appreciate that at the moment. Watch what starts to happen with a bit of application - just sayin’ ;).
Thank you so much, Oops. It is so kind of you to take time to write to me and suggest tools to help me. I so appreciate it.

I have ordered the book from a local seller this morning (used) and will also buy it as an eBook later today so that I can start reading on the weekend.

You know, I could imagine that it was my thinking (and subsequently some actions that I took) that lead me to the situation I am in now. So many problems to solve. My mind often wonders to a thinking of scarcity and regret and maybe this is reflected in my reality.

And if this is the case, a different kind of thinking could lead me out of it, as you say.
I will definitely try all I can to create a new reality.

Today I will start to de-clutter the bathroom.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Have a lovely time ❤

• Heart

I really, really, really want to know more!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My first post was about us needing to relocate to be close to catchment for senior school & closer to our daughters current middle school, at present our school run is an hrs round trip. I’ve started to walk
& run in the area I like more & a house just came on it’s a real wreck but perfect, we have a viewing Monday. It gave me a push to get ours ready to get straight on the market. Being close to the beach at a lovely seaside town I’m hopeful it will sell quickly. I’ll be rubbing my toad & crystals more 😹.

I really think visualising helps, ive even started a board for the house, oh no what will I do if this doesn’t all come off, but it just feel right 😘🤞🏻.

The new job is going better too, I've been giving myself a right kick up the backside about it x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really, really, really want to know more!!!
It’s all so fascinating isn’t it? When I looked at what I wrote in 1993 in my book I was so heartened at how it had all happened as I had written it. I have now spent quite a bit of time this weekend revisiting the playsheets in this book and writing them again for 2021. So I’m now describing the next journeys I want to go on and working out what needs to be done to arrive at the next destination. I now have a completely different destination to what I wrote all those years ago. I have noticed a change and already (probably because I am following my dominant thought) things quite literally are appearing in front of me. For instance I belong to another thread and yesterday 2 members (both very dear to me as it happens - no surprise there ) posted (independently) exactly what I am visualising. It’s there in glorious thechnicolour. So it appeared right in front of my eyes. It’s fascinating and it really spurs me on. I have now decided to spend at least an hour a day on my ‘making things happen‘ endeavour. I’ll keep you posted on how things begin to manifest as they appear...:m

My first post was about us needing to relocate to be close to catchment for senior school & closer to our daughters current middle school, at present our school run is an hrs round trip. I’ve started to walk
& run in the area I like more & a house just came on it’s a real wreck but perfect, we have a viewing Monday. It gave me a push to get ours ready to get straight on the market. Being close to the beach at a lovely seaside town I’m hopeful it will sell quickly. I’ll be rubbing my toad & crystals more 😹.

I really think visualising helps, ive even started a board for the house, oh no what will I do if this doesn’t all come off, but it just feel right 😘🤞🏻.

The new job is going better too, I've been giving myself a right kick up the backside about it x
This is wonderful news 👏. It’s amazing how when you really focus things start to really happen...What a difference it will make when you have a much shorter journey AND start making a different home that you can customise to make it exactly how you have pictured it! I love hearing this stuff. It is so good to know that what started as a germ of an idea is now becoming a reality because you let the focus grow in your mind to bring it about. Sounds to me like you are so much further down the line now (in a relatively short period of time). Keep going and keep telling us what transpires next. Hanging on here to hear the next instalment :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello :)

So, yesterday I decluttered the bathroom and started to Marie Kondo the wardrobe, which I kind of finished today. The wardrobe is full but looks tidy.
I washed all the winter wear and once everything is dry I need to put it in boxes and store it away and I hope that this will make the room look tidy and calm.

This was pretty exhausting, I am tired now! Once the rooms are tidy I want to add the Feng Shui elements.

Tonight I want to read a little it in the book, I already started it but want to read a bit more. But first dinner and a glass of wine :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello :)

So, yesterday I decluttered the bathroom and started to Marie Kondo the wardrobe, which I kind of finished today. The wardrobe is full but looks tidy.
I washed all the winter wear and once everything is dry I need to put it in boxes and store it away and I hope that this will make the room look tidy and calm.

This was pretty exhausting, I am tired now! Once the rooms are tidy I want to add the Feng Shui elements.

Tonight I want to read a little it in the book, I already started it but want to read a bit more. But first dinner and a glass of wine :)
Sounds like a really productive day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4