Favourite perfumes #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I gave my daughter my bottle of Angel Muse and then keep kicking myself when I smell it on her!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I gave my daughter my bottle of Angel Muse and then keep kicking myself when I smell it on her!
That’s a shame, would you get some again or not wear it if you both have it?
I bought some, sold it, bought it again then I nearly sold the replacement ages ago, totally regretted buying it twice, and now it’s bloody fantastic on me! It’s gone way more vanilla, I wonder if going on hrt in between trying it then and now has improved it, because when I was younger I sent perfumes heavily to the vanilla side, and things like boudoir people said go skanky never did until a few years ago. Must test that theory!

Reactions: 1
No lovely, it was this one here.. but in all honesty it could be the same scent and just a different bottle?
I want to see if the flowery bottles are similar too but haven't got round to actually going into a store to try them.
I saw that it is being sold on Ebay but at about £100 and I just don't want to part with the sort of cash on ebay :(
View attachment 2896446
Gorgeous Gardenia is still around
Screenshot_20240427-071109.png

Reactions: 3
Wore the Boudoir, it’s definitely just like it used to be so I’m guessing the hormone thing was right. Looked up the price of bottles like mine on eBay 😮 wish I’d stockpiled it!

Has anyone had the Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia? Got a free 30ml bottle when ordering other bits off the website and really hoping it's lovely, I do love a freebie 😂
I generally wear Penhaligons Luna, La Vie Est Belle or the Coral Valentino one from last summer depending on the vibe I'm feeling

Reactions: 4
I am wearing Caroline Herrera Good Girl Dot. It’s very similar to the original Good Girl. Just slightly lighter than the original .

Has anyone had the Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia? Got a free 30ml bottle when ordering other bits off the website and really hoping it's lovely, I do love a freebie 😂
I generally wear Penhaligons Luna, La Vie Est Belle or the Coral Valentino one from last summer depending on the vibe I'm feeling
Yes it’s lovely, I’m more fruity than floral so I like to layer it, want to get the body mist.

• Heart
I haven't personally but my old assistant manager used to wear JM English Pear & Freesia and she always smelt DIVINE :love:

• Heart
Thoughts on the new Charlotte Tilbury scents? I might have added a discovery set to my basket and not checked out yet…can someone talk me down off the wall? 😅😁🙄🤣💕

Thoughts on the new Charlotte Tilbury scents? I might have added a discovery set to my basket and not checked out yet…can someone talk me down off the wall? 😅😁🙄🤣💕
Buy it!!!! Then you can tell me how it is and influence me to buy it 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I got scent of a dream by CT and my god, it was awful... I felt like a 90 year old wearing it. Never got the hype at all. Hopefully the new ones are a vast improvement 🤪

• Haha
The last couple days I used xerjoff Naxos. Really didn't like it at first but it's growing on me and the staying power is crazy

I got some perfume parlour stuff this week. Mixed feelings about it. The body lotion I got was very disappointing, the smell of the base is unpleasant and that is mainly what I can smell, it doesn’t have enough scent in it. I like the one that’s mean to be like Violet Blondes, and I gave one of my kids the paradox one.

Tried Jo Malone - Rose & Musk today ( sample size ) . Liked it- lasted a little longer than I expected . Probably wouldn’t buy a full bottle though.
---
I have just done the same thing 😂. I have already been buying samples this month so am sitting on my hands .
---
I got scent of a dream by CT and my god, it was awful... I felt like a 90 year old wearing it. Never got the hype at all. Hopefully the new ones are a vast improvement 🤪
Oh no! I love scent of a dream 😂😂.

• Heart
I bought a few samples to test this month ( from sample scents uk) - thoughts so far:-

Jo Malone - Pomegranate Noir . Hideous. I smell like cough syrup.
Jo Malone - Rose and White Musk - this I liked. Wouldn’t buy a full bottle though.
Caroline Herrera- Good Girl Dot - a lighter version of Good Girl. Nice but wouldn’t buy.
BDK- Rouge Smoking - smelled of bubblegum which was pleasent. I liked it . Would I buy a bottle? No as longevity was dire ( I think it lasted 90 mins tops) and as much as I like bubblegum I don’t want to smell like bubblegum all day.
Byredo - Velvet Haze. Nice enough. A salty beachy dry down ( reminded me of beach walk ). Wouldn’t buy.

still to try :
Amouage - Ubar Woman
Maison Crivellii - Mahajad Hibiscus

• Heart
Reactions: 6