Favourite perfumes #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else have 3 perfumes on the go at the same time…the expensive perfume for nights out, the middle range perfume for day trips and the cheapest perfume for every day use?! Or is this just a me thing ?! Maybe everyone has 15 perfumes on the go at the same time but I then I worry about them going off 😂
I have 3 fairly expensive bottles on the go that I choose between most days, plus a handful of samples and tiny bottles from various price points but I rarely use them to be honest. And a couple of cheapies I don't enjoy but keep because they were sweet gifts - I should really give them to charity shop as someone else might enjoy them!
I'll pick up a new one on holiday, one around Christmas with my Boots points and maybe receive one for birthday or Christmas gift but I still end up with 3 maximum on the go at any one time.
I don't have the storage space (or the headspace tbh) for more choices.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else have 3 perfumes on the go at the same time…the expensive perfume for nights out, the middle range perfume for day trips and the cheapest perfume for every day use?! Or is this just a me thing ?! Maybe everyone has 15 perfumes on the go at the same time but I then I worry about them going off 😂
I reckon I have 30 on the go! Some just don't work in certain seasons, some I don't wear for ages. I do have some ancient bottles that I probably need to be brave with and throw away.

Reactions: 8
I have 3 fairly expensive bottles on the go that I choose between most days, plus a handful of samples and tiny bottles from various price points but I rarely use them to be honest. And a couple of cheapies I don't enjoy but keep because they were sweet gifts - I should really give them to charity shop as someone else might enjoy them!
I'll pick up a new one on holiday, one around Christmas with my Boots points and maybe receive one for birthday or Christmas gift but I still end up with 3 maximum on the go at any one time.
I don't have the storage space (or the headspace tbh) for more choices.
I'm very similar. I'd like to have more but tbh I just keep buying samples so have tons of those, no need for a full bottle and haven't even found anything I like enough to get a full bottle recently. But even with the 3 or 4 bottles plus samples I keep thinking when am I gonna use it all 😅

Reactions: 2
I'm very similar. I'd like to have more but tbh I just keep buying samples so have tons of those, no need for a full bottle and haven't even found anything I like enough to get a full bottle recently. But even with the 3 or 4 bottles plus samples I keep thinking when am I gonna use it all 😅
I will never in my lifetime use all the perfume I have I reckon. I’m about to start getting rid of some as a lot I just don’t use ever.

Reactions: 6
I have a large collection and tend to wear a different perfume based on the time of year / how I am feeling . I have recently moved all my autumn/ winter perfumes into a box and left in the bottom of the wardrobe so using my spring / summer numbers.

today my perfume of the day is a freebie I received in a skin care order I placed last month. It’s the Replica - In the Garden.
I smell like a greenhouse - it’s very earthy and garden like. Not for me ( although I don’t find it hideous ) and won’t be adding to a to buy list. I should also say I’m working at home today so not inflicting soil smells on anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have a large collection and tend to wear a different perfume based on the time of year / how I am feeling . I have recently moved all my autumn/ winter perfumes into a box and left in the bottom of the wardrobe so using my spring / summer numbers.

today my perfume of the day is a freebie I received in a skin care order I placed last month. It’s the Replica - In the Garden.
I smell like a greenhouse - it’s very earthy and garden like. Not for me ( although I don’t find it hideous ) and won’t be adding to a to buy list. I should also say I’m working at home today so not inflicting soil smells on anyone.
I can’t say I was thrilled with anything by Replica. They’re pricey for what they are too.

Reactions: 4
I can’t say I was thrilled with anything by Replica. They’re pricey for what they are too.
I like some of them but not enough to get them, they're just ok. I often order samples on fragrance samples website and if you spend above £30 they send you a free one, every time I get a free replica sample 🤣 which is fine, let's me try them I guess

Is this the one? This was my all time favourite too and I wondered if any of theGucci floras in the flowery bottles were similar?
No lovely, it was this one here.. but in all honesty it could be the same scent and just a different bottle?
I want to see if the flowery bottles are similar too but haven't got round to actually going into a store to try them.
I saw that it is being sold on Ebay but at about £100 and I just don't want to part with the sort of cash on ebay :(
536556_99999_0099_002_100_0000_Light-Gucci-Flora-Gorgeous-Gardenia-50ml-eau-de-toilette-e15289...jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Do you have any good recommendations for a floral spring perfume?

I keep smelling some flowers/plants outside that smell amazing and neeeed something similar

I reckon I have 30 on the go! Some just don't work in certain seasons, some I don't wear for ages. I do have some ancient bottles that I probably need to be brave with and throw away.
I have about 8 I think..
I always get a Marc Jacobs one at Christmas from my parents and use it for going out out.
Molten Brown perfume which lasts all day so I tend to use that for a really special occasions if I want to be sure it stays on.
Alien and D&G light blue which are nearly empty and I just can't bare to use up lol.
Then some wee cheapies like Fantasy Britney Spears which is so old school and nostalgic but still love it, and a wee £5 one from Primark for my handbag.
I'm like you, I can't get rid of old bottles either, and some of them have the tiniest amounts in but I just won't part lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree with you. For the most part replica are not the best performers. The exception to this rule ( on me at least) is By The Fireplace and Jazz Club. Both of these i like and I get good longeivity.

Do you have any good recommendations for a floral spring perfume?

I keep smelling some flowers/plants outside that smell amazing and neeeed something similar
I have been wearing Narciso Rodriguez Fleur Musc & Musc Noir Rose recently . The latter is slightly heavier than the Fleur Musc. Both are good value in my opinion and longevity is good for the price ( it doesn’t last all day but I do get a few hours wear ).

I have also been wearing Carolina Herrera - Good Girl blush. Absolutely love this - it’s a really feminine floral. Similar price bracket to Narciso Rodriguez (the 50ml)

another perfume I love at this time of year is Charlotte Tilbury - Scent of a dream. This has been discontinued but you can still find bottles on eBay for a reasonable price ( I have bought a second bottle and think I paid approx £50 for the 50ml). This is different to Good Girl Blush - it’s more of a floral floral . The Good Girl blush is sweeter floral . Anyhow both are lovely in my book .

Balenciaga - Florabotanical ( also discontinued but still on eBay) is another floral I like this time of year. It’s fresh and a little citrusy on me . It says it has mint in the notes but I don’t pick this up - so maybe that’s where the fresh comes in. I have had this for quite a while (way before the balanciaga scandal from awhile ago.) Not the best performer but still nice ..

• Heart
I agree with you. For the most part replica are not the best performers. The exception to this rule ( on me at least) is By The Fireplace and Jazz Club. Both of these i like and I get good longeivity.

I have been wearing Narciso Rodriguez Fleur Musc & Musc Noir Rose recently . The latter is slightly heavier than the Fleur Musc. Both are good value in my opinion and longevity is good for the price ( it doesn’t last all day but I do get a few hours wear ).

I have also been wearing Carolina Herrera - Good Girl blush. Absolutely love this - it’s a really feminine floral. Similar price bracket to Narciso Rodriguez (the 50ml)

another perfume I love at this time of year is Charlotte Tilbury - Scent of a dream. This has been discontinued but you can still find bottles on eBay for a reasonable price ( I have bought a second bottle and think I paid approx £50 for the 50ml). This is different to Good Girl Blush - it’s more of a floral floral . The Good Girl blush is sweeter floral . Anyhow both are lovely in my book .

Balenciaga - Florabotanical ( also discontinued but still on eBay) is another floral I like this time of year. It’s fresh and a little citrusy on me . It says it has mint in the notes but I don’t pick this up - so maybe that’s where the fresh comes in. I have had this for quite a while (way before the balanciaga scandal from awhile ago.) Not the best performer but still nice ..
Ooo they sound lovely - I'll check them out on Fragrantica, thank you!!

Reactions: 1
I’ve about 8 as well but the 13 yo nicks them all the time. She’s a Miss Dior fan. I’m not sure it’s great for school but ah well 😅

• Haha
Beach Walk is my favourite but it doesnt last at all. I really like Jazz Club too but on my clothes rather than skin.

The Liz Earle botanical essence ones are gorgeous at this time of year, my Mum is a florist and she loves the no 100 that I've bought her a few times. Last well too, they're a nice blend of oils.

I'm wearing Tom Ford cafe rose today - never fails to wow me, it's such a deep intoxicating loveliness. Smells different every time you get a waft of it. I've also got the white patchouli that I adore but that just gets utterly lost on my skin, can't smell it at all after a few hours. And I bought 100ml of that!

Reactions: 5
I wasn’t aware of it but I always liked dkny apple fragrances and my partner got it me for my birthday….the boy did good lol
I got the dark purple one years ago and my partner said it smells more like it’s for men and appropriated it for himself 😂
ETA it did smell much nicer on him

I wasn’t aware of it but I always liked dkny apple fragrances and my partner got it me for my birthday….the boy did good lol
I’m away on holiday at the mo and dousing myself in the coconuts about summer version, it’s my top ever holiday perfume!

I’m away on holiday at the mo and dousing myself in the coconuts about summer version, it’s my top ever holiday perfume!
Been on the hunt for a reasonable priced, long lasting coconut perfume so I will definitely be having a sniff of this one! Thank you!

• Heart