Favourite perfumes #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought the 10ml Portrait of a lady before splashing out and thank god I did, one person told me I smelt like a granny and another like cats wee 🫠🫠
At least you saved yourself the £200 or however much it is 😂

Reactions: 1
At least you saved yourself the £200 or however much it is 😂
For sure!! I absolutely loved it on everyone else… my skin however didn’t love it 😵💫
---
Omg i recently tried it after hearing people rave about it - its horrendous
Isn’t it!! Loved it on other people, it’s meant to be quite similar to Kilian., surely that’s not more bottled cats wee

For sure!! I absolutely loved it on everyone else… my skin however didn’t love it 😵💫
---

Isn’t it!! Loved it on other people, it’s meant to be quite similar to Kilian., surely that’s not more bottled cats wee
Haha maybe 😂 . I'm no expert but sometimes perfumes smell different on different people. I have a friend who likes Armani Diamonds and it smells nice on her but on me it smells synthetic and cloying :sick:

I love Givenchy's Very Irresistible but it's very hard to find these days. It was launched in the early 2000, the ad featured Liv Tyler. Its rose-based, floral (Rose, Star Anise, Verbena, Patchouli). There were/are a few special editions that, in my humble opinion, don't have much in common with the original. If anyone knows the scent, do you have any recommendations for similar perfumes, maybe even more affordable ones for every day use?
I also like Hugo Boss Deep Purple, but that is even harder to find.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone use Glossier - You and rate it? Theres no sephora near me to try it and very intrigued!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone use Glossier - You and rate it? Theres no sephora near me to try it and very intrigued!
I have it. It’s a quite a light musky smell which is nice . I have to keep respraying as it disappears ok me me quite quickly. For me it’s nice but not worth the price .

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's one of my favourite scents! Musky and sweet, lasts ages on me. Good for layering too. I don't buy that it adapts any more to your body chemistry than other perfumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My ffern winter arrived and it’s going right back! Swapped it for autumn 23 for a moment

Hoping this isn't a derail but I'm trying to find the old man an aftershave for Christmas. Anyone have any suggestions? I really like Tom Ford Vanille Tobacco but not sure if it's too unisex for him, and it's fudging expensive!! Or do I get it so I can share... hmmm. The other one was the Leather Ombre but I'm not sure about that reading reviews.

He's had Chanel Bleu in the past, Eau Savage, Creed Viking and Tom Ford Noir.

Hoping this isn't a derail but I'm trying to find the old man an aftershave for Christmas. Anyone have any suggestions? I really like Tom Ford Vanille Tobacco but not sure if it's too unisex for him, and it's fudging expensive!! Or do I get it so I can share... hmmm. The other one was the Leather Ombre but I'm not sure about that reading reviews.

Montblanc Explorer Eau de Parfum is gorgeous. It’s expensive but a little goes a long way and it’s very long-lasting.

I find jo Malone perfumes to be as you describe them. Lovely smells, but do not last. I’d urge anyone curious to try the small bottles first before splashing out on the bigger bottles.
late to reply but I found the same thing with my Jo Malone perfume until I read somewhere to keep it in a dark space for a few months, the longevity of it now is amazing! Just thought in case this saves anyone else throwing a nice perfume out, don't do it! Back of a cupboard for a few months and it will last ages :) x

I think you can't go wrong with Terre de Hermes and it is often on offer at different department stores. If you want something a bit way-out for a man, I love Naomi Goodsir's Bois d’Ascese https://bloomperfume.co.uk/products/bois-dascse which is really smoky. Hwyl by Aesop is another lovely masculine - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/aesop-hwyl-eau-de-parfum-50ml/12610862.html Habit Rouge by Guerlain is amazing - very warm and spicy - it has been described as like Shalimar for men - https://www.guerlain.com/uk/en-uk/p/habit-rouge-eau-de-toilette-P030482.html I do like Undergrowth by Rook as well, it's minty and foresty - https://rookperfumes.co.uk/products/undergrowth

Reactions: 4
Was going to comment Terre De Hermes also. My hubs loves it. Molecule 02 is another fave of his.

He would have liked Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel in past but they're v overdone now. Prada have some nice scents too x

leather ombre (TF) is gorgeous !

I tried the Gravel range of me s aftershaves today, really lovely think I’ll treat my husband.. but I’d wear it too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.