Favourite One-Hit-Wonders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Move your Feet by Junior Senior - so cheery
C'est La Vie by Robbie Neville
Don't stop the Music by Yarlborough and People's (hope I spelt the last one right- it's getting late for me!)
I have no idea how much of a hit it was; but Junior Senior also released a song called Rhythm Bandits

Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People. I actually love the band and love all of their other music but somehow whenever I tell people I like Foster the People they only remember the band as the one who made a song about school shooting.

Reactions: 3
This was a very good one hit wonder especially for a cover version. Heart radio played it at the weekend and I hadn't heard it in ages. Bailey Tzuke should have had a decent career off the back of her vocals on this.

LOL my working from home song.. when boss asked who's coming back to the office 😂 you'll never see me againnnnnnnn

Reactions: 1
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People. I actually love the band and love all of their other music but somehow whenever I tell people I like Foster the People they only remember the band as the one who made a song about school shooting.
They are a criminally underrated band.

I don’t know if they had more but I love this song, everything New Order touch is ⚜

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sooooo many good songs on this thread!

As a kid, I loved The Reynolds Girls ‘I’d rather jack’

And a newer one, Daniel Merriweather ‘Red’

Owen Paul - favourite waste of time
glenn mediros- nothing’s gonna change my love for you
spagna - call me
rah band - clouds across the moon
the maisonettes heartache avenue
freeeze AEIOU
wah - story of the blues
Charlene never been to me

yes I was a teen in the 80s

spitting image chicken song………hold a chicken in the air stick a deckchair up your nose etc

ah the memories, getting it in on in a tent in Barmouth with my first true love and Being serenaded with this…. Was pure joy 🤩

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This was mentioned earlier in thread, but worth including the video too. Was there ever anything more 80s?

Reactions: 3
'Heartache Avenue by The Maisonettes..fab video on ytube with funny comments about who got off with one of the girl singers .

Owen Paul - favourite waste of time
glenn mediros- nothing’s gonna change my love for you
spagna - call me
rah band - clouds across the moon
the maisonettes heartache avenue
freeeze AEIOU
wah - story of the blues
Charlene never been to me

yes I was a teen in the 80s

spitting image chicken song………hold a chicken in the air stick a deckchair up your nose etc

ah the memories, getting it in on in a tent in Barmouth with my first true love and Being serenaded with this…. Was pure joy 🤩

We were probably there at the same time!! I was also busy getting drunk on cider and black in Shell Island.

You need to watch Now 80's. They play those songs all the time. (alas not the Chicken Song though)