Fathering Autism #95 Sweet girl is done & ruined the fun. Will they leave or spin more make believe?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Research shows that there is a heightened level of amygdala activity, more commonly known as fight-or-flight response, in people with autism. The University of Washington, among other institutions, has studied this. It's very interesting. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090319132956.htm

It's difficult to say whether Abbie is permanently in that mode, but research shows that that particular response is heightened in people with autism. While it would be difficult to assess Abbie's IQ without clinical testing, we can observe that other populations with heightened stress (i.e., refugees fleeing oppressive governments, schoolchildren with abusive home lives, etc.) often do poorly in school and other formal learning environments. Some of these students are bright, but don't have the capacity to demonstrate or further develop intelligence.
I'm completely lost....what did I miss??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When Pig was trying to round the corner in the kitchen to get to the microwave...it's no wonder the bleeping fridge door handle broke. That witch was about to wipe out the worktops with those redwood thighs.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I have a condition that constantly has my body in flight or fight mode, and I have ehlers danlos syndrome so I live with quite a bit of pain. I can definitely show my intelligence. I worked as a pediatric nurse before becoming disabled… with extremely sick children. My joints would sublux throughout my shift, and I could still intelligently speak to patients, families, doctors etc. I also managed to get two bachelors degrees with this disease, so yea…definitely able to comprehend, learn and be intelligent
Thanks for sharing. Absolutely agree that being in fight-or-flight mode does not at all mean being unable to comprehend and learn. That was actually what I was trying to communicate.

Reactions: 4
Research shows that there is a heightened level of amygdala activity, more commonly known as fight-or-flight response, in people with autism. The University of Washington, among other institutions, has studied this. It's very interesting. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090319132956.htm

It's difficult to say whether Abbie is permanently in that mode, but research shows that that particular response is heightened in people with autism. While it would be difficult to assess Abbie's IQ without clinical testing, we can observe that other populations with heightened stress (i.e., refugees fleeing oppressive governments, schoolchildren with abusive home lives, etc.) often do poorly in school and other formal learning environments. Some of these students are bright, but don't have the capacity to demonstrate or further develop intelligence.
That is because they are traumatised and, most, probably neurotypical. In calm conditions she has displayed the fact that she doesnt know colours, cant grasp the concept of numbers and has shown zero intellectual ability. What she can do are very basic tasks with huge amounts of prompting. Please explain what you have seen that tells you otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
That is Merry Cat. She is a 12 year old tiny savage. Pigfuckles tusks would be no match to Merry’s sly and barbaric skills. 😂 Ask all the frogs, chipmunks, moles, mice etc. Although, I have never witnessed her take on a chunk of Velveeta Cheese, so I could be wrong. 😻

Awe! I love the name Molly. Ours is BeeBee. She came with the name “Baby”. I was like yea....like that is an original name for mammals in the deep south. 🥴 I had to tweak it a little, but not too much to confuse her. I love watching her get fired up when a marauder enters her pasture...farts and all. Still probably does not come close to the Maassive RV after that Kielbasa and Brussel sprouts they chowed on the other night. 🙀
I'll bet Pigfuckles gets all fired up, farts and maybe even sharts when someone gets too close to her Velveeta.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.