Fathering Autism #69 Skis, Lies & Gigantic Thighs. Can't Fool Tattle. We're Too Wise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t really have a problem with trying new things with Abbie but they don’t put thought into any of it. They plan around themselves not Abbie. When kids are involved you’re supposed to plan around them. This goes for neurotypical kids and especially disabled kids. There was a time I didn’t go to the movie theaters for about 2 years because I knew a 2-3 year old couldn’t sit quietly in a movie and pay attention. This is how I feel about them taking Abbie skiing with no plans. They really were going to have her just sit and watch. I think maybe she would have enjoyed sledding/tubing, but of course it was closed but they didn’t care. I’m not saying as a family they shouldn’t enjoy a ski trip, I’m saying that maybe they could have waited until there was no pandemic to do this and more activities were available for Abbie. And I don’t want to hear why should they have to wait. Tons of people are putting their life on hold right now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
(just bringing this over from the old thread)

Notice how Abbie went down the stairs pretty easily? Princess P tried to say it’s because Abbie is used to them now, which might be somewhat true. But I think the results would have been fairly similar the first day without the four of them all praising her and encouraging her every time she made the slightest move. It may have taken a little bit longer the first time around but it still wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. Plus, it’s better not to overwhelm her with so much sensory input from 4 people at once.

Right off the bat with the bullshit attempts at trying to convince us that this trip has a lot for Abbie to be a part of, participate in. That she isn’t being forced to just hang around while everyone else does their thing. 🙄🙄

Abbie seemed so happy to actually be included in the activity instead of just being a spectator. Imagine that, eh? She enjoys when they’re paying attention to her and engaging with her.

I agree with what others have said that A&P have said on multiple occasions that Abbie doesn’t do well when she doesn’t have both feet on solid ground. Skiing, which is basically just sliding on your feet really goes against that. Poor Abbie kept trying to sit down to stop it from happening. She literally had to tap out and say all done. Just admit it Asa, this was purely for content, clicks and views. It wasn’t a ‘goal for Abbie to have this experience’. You were using her. Again.

Princess P reveals that Asshat was barking at her while trying to ‘teach’ her how to ski. Says he isn’t very patient. Color me surprised. 🙄 Asshat says ‘it’s a husband thing’ and quickly tries to shush her.
Husbands are supposed to be impatient with their spouses?

Asshat repeatedly falling is a prime reason why he shouldn’t be skiing with that damn camera pole. Another accident just waiting to happen. It’s bad enough when he uses it while driving in the electric cart.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks for the new title and thread!!

Now, back to the skiing. Oh my goodness and it was even worse than I could have imagine..

This is like literally the worse way to get an individual with Autism or IDD to ski. They literally just broke every cardinal rule that we were required to learn.

They one and only thing that they did correct, was when Abbie said all done or stop, that they finally listened to her and stopped...

Asa and Priscilla, before you do this again, invest in Abbie some ski boots, minimum. Then, allow her to walk around the house or outside, 2-3 times a week, working up on the minutes, to get her use to them. Then, put her in an adaptive skiing class with instructors that teach individuals with disabilities. They can actual teach her how to go down small hills and without being a prop because that was all she was...

I can see that she did somewhat enjoy it. But, I am kinda on the fence of did she enjoy the skiing or literally having everyone with her, looking at her, being with her, etc.. You can tell that her getting attention doesn’t happen and when it does, she gets so excited, just like with the trike ..

Do I think she asked to go again? No. I think you stopped her from pulling down all the skis. She was in her “cause chaos” smiling and laughing.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
How uncomfortable does Abbie look? I'm all for new experiences but at least plan it properly. Shoving her feet into a ski and dragging her up is horrendous
i dont know if anyone else here skis, but even i get panicky about the skis being attached to my feet, they can feel heavy! it took a bit to get used to and i'm NT.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
What are they smoking over in the UK?

Y’all, I am literally floored...
I have a picture that I am going to share. You can’t see any identifying information or know who it is, as there was like 10 kids wearing the same jacket and I kept taking pictures of kids that weren’t my kids but I know this one was her because her coach was in the shot but I cropped him out...
84531278-09E6-4A17-99E6-68B14FE85EA3.jpeg

This individual practiced 2 times on a grass hill. Then, this was 1hr into her practicing on real snow, for the first time.
I say all this because this child could have just been like Abbie (and was the same age in this picture, that Abbie is now). She was non-verbal for many years. She had global developmental delays. She struggled all through school, went through tons of placements and still carries several disabilities. Her parents never gave up, Mom sat in therapist offices 3-4 nights a week, 2-3 hours each night. Homework was always done and there was always homework.. She didn’t speak until she was 5 and we thank God for that miracle but now wonder when she will be quiet...

Yet, when I look at Abbie, she could be doing these same things...

You will also see no coaches or helpers holding the kids up. You will see individuals that have coaches and helpers right within arms reach. That is it. Even our blind skiers aren’t treated like Abbie was in their video (and we have several through our state even that compete)..
So, do I believe Abbie should be skiing? Yes, if it is an activity that she can enjoy, be safe doing so, and having a great time, I am all up for it..
Yet, when I see her be basically carried around, used as a prop and be in such an unsafe position, it worries me about the parents she has and then the individuals mental capabilities that stand behind them...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Considering the Hog massives have not been uploading since before new year. And the vlog chanel is still gaining 1k new subs every 7-10 days (they now have 572k subs) One would imagine almost all of the humpers would be flocking to view their comeback vlogs! But it seems not so much. Last night's offering only has 42k views so far. And the night before has 68k.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.