Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
This might seem like an inappropriate question but it’s just out of curiosity because we were talking about bathing her earlier. But how does that work with a child like Abbie and hair (like armpits)? Don’t wanna sounds weird but does someone take care of that too?
Asa did a video awhile ago about that in the old house about how he does that and explained (using the world kinda loosely lol) how parents can do that for their kids or teach their kids how to do it themselves

Reactions: 2

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
What in the world is Abbie going to do when Summer goes on with her life?

Watching the latest vlog,I noticed something that I had noticed previously,but more so on this one. While it appears Summer is interacting w Abbie,she actually plays to the camera. Many times she had no eye contact w her,but looked from the camera perspective to talk,guide,etc.
Becca however had full one on interaction w Abbie. She didn’t “play” to the camera. If she asked Abbie to do something g she looked at her and guided her if needed,all without a glance towards the camera.
Yeah,I get Summer has known Abbie for ages, it she still deserves to be looked at and not just a prop for the fanatics to ogle.
Watching the interaction w Asa and Isiah,it is quite obvious just how immature they both are. I get he is only just 18. But most kids,while they love their parents,are not keen on acting they way he acts w his parents. This was after all a mostly young event. I also heard his comment about not being a “feature” at the event. Had he any clue,he would know that many,many young people are more popular than he /the family are. Sure,there are some adults as well,but it’s the kids on YouTube,Facebook,TikTok,etc that are being followed the most.. Take a look Isiah,it was kids your age and a bit older( early to mid 20’s) at the event..and from what was shown,majority did NOT have their parents w them.
I wouldn't be shocked if her family put up the money for her surgery.
Shes an only child,that would make sense, but doesn’t everyone still have to have health ins still? I have benefits through my job but last I heard Obamacare still applies or theres a penality....the monthly payments for a family of four has got to be outrageous

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
Look,I don’t bash Asa per se over his bathing Abbie. I have wondered why a good many times Cilla is not more involved in the day to day taking care of Abbie. Sure,she makes her lunch in the mornings,and at times has driven her to school. But for the most part( considering it is a 2 parent,at home all day family) Asa does the bulk of it.
Cilla has commented that he just seems to do it better- well guess what,if you do it daily,you will also be doing it “much better.”

I have not,and will not Bash Abbie. She is who she is. But I will speak up when I hear (especially P) keep pushing this “typical teen” crap. Sounds like she hasn’t fully accepted where Abbie is at this point in time.
Yes,Abbie has made a good deal of strides over the years,but to think she is comparable to a teen is not being honest.

What exactly does “ speaking on kids” mean? If parents are putting their kids out their in video land,then you can bet there will be talk about said child(children) as well as the parents. One cannot have it both ways.
If you are referring to posts re: Summer/Isiah,they are both adults now. They actively have chosen to put their lives out in the twitter/Facebook/YouTube world. If they cannot accept the criticism that comes along w all of that,then then should go back to being private citizens.
As for Abbie,no one as far as I can see has talked bad about her. If anything,many have actually defended her when vids are released showing how stressed she appears,how others poorly interact w her,etc.
And btw,I have a very rich life tyvm.
Fyi, they are still private citizens, as opposed to public servants aka politicians, but are instead in the public eye :)

A specific one or in general? They put videos of their podcasts on the FA page as well.
The one about hoovering over Isiah all the time😂

I have seen P one time telling her to “go upstairs” in an authoritative voice. And Abbie listened ... this was after A was struggling to get her to go to bed, of course with his camera in hand. Anyways, I think you’re right ... she listens to A more than she does P because of the authoritative voice. And I know this is going to sound weird and most likely get people upset but, I know I can’t be the only one thinking this ... but I’ve noticed how they treat/ train her like she’s a pet/ dog. Even on a recent VLOG, Isaiah was like “Abbie sit!” as though he’s talking to a dog. And they always say “good giiiirl” when she does something that she doesn’t even know she did. Good job, good girl ... all that just screams dog training ... not to mention the treats to keep her in line.

Idk ... just not used to people being talked to that way.

But this also goes back to where they draw the line... they’ve let her throw tantrums for the longest when she’s upset, they think it’s funny when she doesn’t wanna listen when they say it’s time to go bed and joke around the process of getting her to go to bed, they watch and film as she throws stuff around and “destructs” things... smh and they just watch, film and comment ... it’s her “power hour” smh
Yep well dog trainers have said that ABA is the same or even worse than dog training..check NeuroClastic (website) under the ABA catergory and you'll find it. Honestly, part of the reason why FA is so despised in the autistic community (most of it anyways) is because of his extensive use of ABA therapy, and so do the up and coming YTers, eg Lauren and the Wee family. They use it too😒 The only autistic family YT channel that really seems to listen to autistic adults and realise that forcing eye contact, ABA etc is harmful seems to be last time I checked, Our LANDing Crew, but zi want to go back to their channel and have a look..

Last edited:

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
I definitely don't think she's a bad person, she has a good heart and a lot of patience. But it seems like she's regressed into a high school type of mentality. All that "boop" stuff and the giggling is something teenagers do. She's graduating college soon and people her age in college should be growing in their professional life and becoming young adults. I think her time with the Maass family has stalled that. Get out while you can summer! Grow your strengths in a productive way instead of staying stagnant with Assa and Priss.
Yes Summer, and please stop wearing my alma mater’s University of Tampa hoodie. Sorry not sorry, I cringe every time you have it on. Simply because you wouldn’t fit in at UT haha

• Haha

ABAsucks

They're fat shaming on other forums?
By forum they mean the forum like ours named like a Fruit farm.

This made me laugh! He asked for comments regarding the point of pointing not speaking regarding certain instructions. A then responds with a (I feel) sarcastic comment which actually contradicts his previous love of ABA!! View attachment 89909
They remind me of anti Vaxxers they way he said that

Last edited:

DarthMama

Just finished today's vlog... Why did they leave for ice cream with a total mess on the counter. There was a knife on the counter that the cat could have hurt itself with. Not to mention gross!

• Haha

Baymaus

Chatty Member
I wonder if Isiah is seeing all this spending and supporting Summer ect and wondering why the money isn't being spent on him going away to college?
I wondered that growing up. In my family there was money for everything and everyone except me. Part of that is the fact that I'm a girl and women are not valued in my parent's families. And part of that was a mentality that you throw money at problems and not members of the family that are okay. Several times my mom asked me if it would be okay to use my college fund to bail someone else out. I kept saying I really wanted to go to college and asked her to invest the money in a non liquid account when I was in the 9th grade.
It hurts to not be a priority and it is a hurt that lasts. Mom understands that she never made me a priority now. And that helps. Still, it is hard to look back and realize how my family pushed me to do more than I was able to and then ignored my needs and wants.
The only solution was to get scholarships and get out. I have very clear boundaries now. My husband and my own well being come first. Then I do what I can to help.

Last edited:

Eline97vi

This might seem like an inappropriate question but it’s just out of curiosity because we were talking about bathing her earlier. But how does that work with a child like Abbie and hair (like armpits)? Don’t wanna sounds weird but does someone take care of that too?

Shell_Bell

Am so saddened/angered by this! I wish someone would direct her(if they haven’t already) to a lawyer and sue,sue,sue! NO,money will not make it all better in any way,shape or form,but she deserves to be compensated for what she went through!
Let’s all push for her channel to get as many hits/likes as can be done! She is a very brave,kind,endearing,and on and on,women and deserves all the best life has to offer!😥😥😥
She and her mother did file a lawsuit around 2014 it looks like, but from the looks of it they sided with the centre :-( https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-education-center-electric-shock-therapy.html

• Sad
  • Wow

Mum2boys

Just saw this on insta stories! It’s a tik tok grab and the voice over says... “my husband and I have decided we no longer want children...we’ll be telling them tonight at dinner.” Think that ship sailed a few years back!!

View attachment 89080
[/QUOTE 14 16 18 be truthful I know it's hard but you can do it

Looks like Assa had a partner in crime?

Pissy isn’t so innocent
What is a simple worthless check?

Last edited:

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
OMG!! It took me a while to figure out where it was, just watched both the bridge one and the rice one and YES....there is something going on there! She's slurring more! It's especially funny when she says at the end "schwip up" and her arm goes flying. The bridge one, it doesn't show her, but her voice sounds like she's been drinking or on something. She even says "Summer's my driver"....so maybe that's why! lol I wonder if all the stress has either caused her to hit the bottle....OR...she's on some medication for anxiety/stress and it's making her sleepy. Either way I see the train wreck coming...chooochooo!

Someone mentioned her phone and wondering if she's being catfished, I was wondering that too. She seems the type that would fall for that. Especially now that there is turmoil in her life. If I was Asa I'd be concerned and checking out her 'work'.

I can't find it anywhere!! HELP

• Haha

Gambit

Chatty Member
I can’t believe the tax value verses purchase value. I think I seen that the tax value was only $384k for that house?!? I seriously don’t understand how they could be so upside down and a bank agree to it. Maybe that is why the bank wanted so much down!
Tax values don’t always get updated, that could have been the last time the house was assessed and now is worth that much more. We are on like a 6 year cycle in my city.

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
Sorry my phone is probably playing tricks on me ugh ...

I don’t have the app... maybe that’s why it isn’t showing. But usually I just pull up their tiktoks on line without the app and it has shown them... now it shows both have “no posts yet”

With pull ups is it different than changing traditional diapers? Honest question. But yes I think he should not be made to change her at all.
i hope it’s not too weird to ask but when an adult wears a traditional diaper, does one change them the way you would with a baby, lying down etc? Because that sounds way more intimate and inappropriate for Isaiah than just stripping off a pull up for example. Hope my question doesn’t come off as too weird I’m just wondering...