Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whyme1982

Chatty Member
Since we know that Asa is watching, I'd like to make a few suggestions...
  • Make Abbie a sensory room so she doesn't have to sit on the couch all day absorbing all the chaotic adolescent adults. Yeah we know she 'likes' chaos according to P. I'm not buying it.
  • Summer, you seem like a nice girl, can you stop being P's parrot? The 'aww sweet girl' from both of you is nauseating.
  • Priscilla, plz with the tik tok's already. It's not flattering, funny or even entertaining. I cringe and feel embarrassed for you. You and Asa really need to get some adult friends that don't revolve around the kids. Act your age and be a better more loving supportive mother to Abbie.
  • Asa, Take care of your 2nd daughter better. Stop hiding all your income in Priscilla's name and MAN UP. If the mother really doesn't want you in her life, then fine, but your lack of concern and care for your own flesh and blood is disturbing. If that was a lie and you do have the right to see her, then for the love of God, step up and do the right thing. Apologize to her, get to know her, be a DAD to her too. She deserves to feel wanted by you. Let me tell you straight up from someone with personal experience.....if you have lied about the mother not wanting you in the daughters life, and this girl knows about you, there is going to be a day that she shows up at your door. Guaranteed! She will want answers and she may be bitter. Are you prepared for that?
  • Lastly....If you are intent on keeping up the youtube business, you need to focus less on the family and more on Abbie, particularly her therapy. Get back to improving Abbie. Have you seen the video of the girl who is very similar to Abbie who now types her words on a computer? I don't see anyone sit down with her and do anything constructive for her. Either that or change your channel name to something more appropriate......Maass's Gone Wild....... seems fitting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

whyme1982

Chatty Member
I saw something on tik tok that really makes me sad. Isaiah's tik tok says under his name " I live in the shadows of my dad's YouTuber status so I turned to tik tok" if that's not sad enough in itself...now his mother is taking over that outlet for him! Gee thanks MOM! He seems to only have 6 videos...P has a lot more. Why can't these people let him be a young man without invading his space? I really feel bad for him now and especially after learning he has anxiety.

• Wow
  • Heart

Mother2

Chatty Member
I just watched the newest video and I'm sorry but, if she were my child, and started throwing drinks around in my car (open drinks mind you) I would've stopped that car and made her pick that shit up right quick and in a hurry! Now that type of born in a barn behavior should've been stopped ages ago. Disabled or not, you shouldn't be able to act like a heathen. The way she was acting at the grandparents house would've drove me insane as well. Just all over the place. Summer had to stand in front of her to keep her sitting. They weren't even stopping her from stealing Summer's food until she finally spoke up and said, " she is stealing the croutons from my salad!". Honestly, I would refuse to eat in her presence. Nobody should have to worry about a "teenager" stealing their food off their plate or out of their hand. I have a feeling that they aren't sticking to the "dont steal food" thing and it's really showing. Sorry guys....just my opinion.

• Heart

RocketQueen

VIP Member
What's up with her lower body weight she is carrying?? It looked crazy on the vlog... WTF do these people eat?? OMG. You can eat decent and have a sedentary lifestyle and not be that big at their age. What a shame. All you people from outside the US... yes, you are right about your assumptions about unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits in the US.
Her legs are like redwoods. Its like she doesnt even have knees. I'm bored, so going to rant a bit.

I joke about her weight a lot, but I used to be almost as big as P. Actually I probably weighed more because I am significantly taller and didnt have redwood legs, but I digress. 😀 I lost my weight through low carb and exercise. And its hard work to keep it off too. The fat girl inside still cusses me out on the daily. But as a former obese woman on the outside, and still obese in my mind, here's some thoughts.

I would never think that starting a cooking channel full of fattening unhealthy foods at that weight would be a good idea. Lets be honest, would you want to learn recipes from someone this size?

I would never have embarrassed my kids by dancing with their friends at a party. Or on Tik Tok. Or going to the water park and barely fitting into a raft or tube. Screw body positivity. Right or wrong the fact is, your kids friends are/were talking about you, and yeah, your kid was or has been embarrassed.

Your spouse may love you at any size, but that doesnt mean they are attracted to you and not secretly wishing you were smaller. (except for those odd fetish guys)

Something else about fat women: you do anything to try to look cute. You know you're fat so you try to have great hair, nails, or accessories. Cue P's big dangling earrings!)

Fat women are also usually "happy" "so funny" or "so helpful". We try to make up in personality what we lack in appearance. (Hello Miss P, Queen of Volunteers and Miss Congeniality.)

Oh...and I'm willing to bet another reason she had surgery was for life insurance. Her rates would have been astronomical if they wanted the "set for life" pay-outs, and if you go back, this "journey" coincides with the big financial plan for the future. My rate dropped in HALF after shedding the weight.

You can also lie to yourself and the world (and You Tube) over and over and say you're "happy in your body" and just losing weight for health reasons. Bullshit. It isnt your health even though walking 50 ft makes you huff, hurts your knees and back, and climbing stairs is like Everest. The REAL reason is that you look as terrible as you feel. You just didnt want to admit that you finally earned enough money from your followers to pay cash for what you hoped would be the easy way out.
Anyway...I see you P...you are fooling NO ONE.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
A&P inserted themselves into this Playlist Live thing and ......nobody cared. The other adults with them saw this was not their venue, Isiah was mortified and anxious. Asa thinks he has to be seen and admired, P kept telling people how many viewers they had and that Abbie is a star. Again....nobody cared.

Asa...wow dude....you need to get a grip on that weight. The 3 chins and size DD moobs are looking really gross on ya.

Pricsilla.... you are not a 14, I am sure your fans will buy this but no one else does. You looked like a complete fool dancing with those youngins', just stop it. Oh yeah...and get off your phone and take care of your child.

I hope Isiah gets away to college and blooms away from these horrible people.

• Haha
  • Heart

Brina

anyone noticed how Cilla's food portions are getting bigger and bigger... someone is eating their feelings.

• Heart
  • Haha

Corzz

Priscillas reaction to the sensory foam at bath time said IT ALL! She was disgusted by the fact that they had been spraying it in her bathroom! If you can't get the bathroom messy, no wonder they won't let her make any mess with sensory items anywhere else in the house!
It honestly feels like abuse to let the poor girl do nothing but sit on the sofa and rock, or run laps of the house. This is what I see from older severely mentally disabled people who have been neglected in homes! They sit and rock, or yell, or walk back and forth all day. That's all they do because that's all anybody ever lets them do and they are thoroughly bored! There are videos of her doing puzzles with brandy and it actually blew my mind that Abby was capable of finishing a puzzle... I thought she was incapable of doing puzzles/games or had no interests but they just don't have the desire or patience to do anything with her! It's sick.

Seriously, sit down and spend an hour doing something interesting with her! It might be messy/draining on Asa and Priscilla because they are lazy but I guarantee she will sleep better and yell less if her mind was more engaged in the evening??

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Mother2

Chatty Member
Their channel and entire family is misleading in many ways but, one of the ways that bothers me the most is the fact that they say Abigail is strictly Autistic when that is clearly not the case. If anyone that didn't know anything about autism were to watch their videos they would possibly think that Abigail is what autism looks like on every autistic person. (Hard to deal with, not capable of listening or not willing, I'm not sure which, unable to sit still, constantly thrashing around, attacking ppl during meltdowns, unable to learn new things, etc.) That's not at all how every person that is autistic is. They are all different. My child is autistic and is a very intelligent, highly capable, kind, empathetic, all around great kid and there are millions out there just as great with autism! I just think they need to be honest and stop leaving things out. They have put their family out into the public eye all on their own, it's time to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

GrammaL

Chatty Member
They really should start labeling these vlogs”Parading my daughter around for monies”!
The level they have now degraded themselves too all in the name of fame and money is vulgar!
No child should be exploited like this on social media or anywhere all for a parents ego to be assuaged.

As for PityCilla,she has the emotional maturity of a child herself. She needs to grow the hell up,stop trying to fit in w the kids and be the damned adult in the group.

• Heart

Emma Rose

There was a time when people with disabilities and birth defects were featured in what was called a freak show circus. That has long since become illegal but now the travelling Freak Show that made people a lot of money at the expense of the disabled has now moved to Youtube. So the modern-day Freak Show is Youtube channels like FatheringAutism where they make a lot of money by displaying their special needs daughter to the world in much the same way that the circus Freak Shows used to do, except today they call it "raising awareness."
Edit: Don't misunderstand - I am NOT saying Abbey or anyone with any disability or deformity is a "freak".

• Sad

Juicy Lucy

Vlog Summary: “Show Me Your School – Autism Vocational Program” February 28th, 2020 Run Time: 20:58

Thumbnail: Showing Off text with a photo of Abbie packing a “Blessing Bag” and her teacher not looking impressed.
  • Opens on scene of cereal bowl and camera pans to Ab on couch with “It was just a normal morning…” text on screen. Ass tries to encourage her to come eat and she asks for music, then text on screen reads”then the unexpected happened…” P screams they hit 500k and there’s on screen graphics and screaming.
  • Bunch of swooning over 500k. Predictable high pitched squealing and emo bs.
  • Ass taking Ab in the truck to school
  • Ass drives for once, must have been reinstated I hope, teacher gets Abbie from car and says he’s coming back at 1:30 to watch Ab put her stuff together (his words)
  • Bunch of BS flirting and dog crap
  • Kaitlin is coming over, ugh, she’s the one they crashed the party with.
  • Ass says Ab doesn’t enjoy swinging anymore as he heads into the school to brag about the homeless bags via the MaassSquad “Cares”
  • Ass brags about how they’re pretty much behind all of the item donations
  • Now stops and says “oh this isn’t us being like look at the good thing we’re doing, we’d do it anyways”, I call bullshit, like hell you would.
  • Ab sprinting like a gazelle around the school room.
  • **AD BREAK 1**
  • Teacher trying to get Ab to pack bags, walks her around the boxes and loads up with 1 item each, teacher coaches her but she does quite well and honestly hasn’t made a sound during this whole scene, even as student behind her taps her and vocalizes
  • Ab has giggle fit, teacher isn’t standing for it.
  • Ass explains Summer and Becca are taking her shopping after school, since Ass is at school she wants to leave with him
  • Ramble about how he doesn’t expect perfection just improvement and more than anything happiness/contentment.
  • Says he’s always been against employing **AD BREAK 2** special needs people if they don’t want to be employed just because it’s the social norm that people have a job. Life’s short, everything should benefit you.
  • Random scene of abandoned golf course says he wants to walk dogs at.
  • Pup seems healthier
  • Becca and boyfriend on couch Ab running around, Becca’s boyfriend is housesitting for them while they’re at Playlist
  • More scenes of 500k party bullcrap, prediction: the last 5 minutes will be another emo speech about how much it means to him.
  • Says a friend of his made a hip hop beat for their channel we’re going to hear, then talks about their vacuum cleaner, riveting stuff y’all
  • Says he has a thing for vacuums *LOL* *Too many dirty jokes, too little time*
  • Ass and P trying to understand cat logic
  • More vacuum talk. Dinner at home with the whole crowd, featuring 500k funfetti cake.
  • Apparently the “boys” wrestled and Ass won, oh Assa.
  • Beg for subscribers to P’s channel.
  • Summer dabs and hits the woah, I’m ashamed I know those terms.
Outtake: Ass trying to pet the cat, she wants to play. Video of Jen’s rap video for the 500k
Ass is against employing special needs people? What a crock of sh$t. Abs is his #1 employee!

• Heart
  • Sad

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
Anyone notice the “shoutout” they gave Jen from Rebranding Autism?
Yep. Ya suppose Asa saw where it was mentioned how cold he was to her? yeah...I think he saw it. Posting her tiktok or whatever it was doesn't negate the fact he treated her like shit at Disney.

But he sure is listening and following what a bunch of gossipy garbage people suggest. Funny...he doesn't take his viewers advice.

What should we tell him to do now? :LOL:

• Haha

jadedandcaffeinated

TImestamp: 8:05 It's the small things Asa does that really show his attitude towards Abbie. Right after she's done packing bags at school he reaches towards her chest, and flips her shirt thing inside. Not a HUGE deal, but it really shows that he does not respect her autonomy or space. SHE isn't allowed to grab other people's clothing. He didn't ask her if he could fix it and explain what he was doing. He didn't wait until after filming. If a dad did that to a "typical" 15 year old she'd be mortified and it would be totally inappropriate. You don't just grab and fix someone's clothing irl, especially when it's on a woman's chest. What does this teach her? It's okay to grab someone's clothing and invade their personal space. I'm a huge advocate of giving children bodily autonomy and teaching them that nobody should just invade their space without warning. He does not respect her.

Sorry I know this is a small thing, but I think it's these things that Asa doesn't catch and edit out that show how much he actually respects her dignity and how poor of an example he sets for her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Here's a radical thought :
They don't do anything with Abbie because they don't want her to improve because she's easier to exploit and ignore when she lacks even basic communication.

• Heart
  • Sad

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
Honestly, I am not sure about the final goal of these message boards. Many people say Ab is so mentally advanced that she can acknowledge that she is being filmed and that this film will be put on the internet. Therefore she can consent or deny to her father filming her (therefore she should not be filmed when she doesn't want a camera near her). However others state Ab has the mental function of roughly a 12-18 month old. What 12-18 month old would know/care about the internet? Also the people who say that Ab is at the level of a 12-18 month old think that Ab won't progress much further than 2-3 years mentally. A 2-3 year old would also not know/care about the internet. Also I think it's important to acknowledge that A doesn't film every moment of the day and it's possible that his second child's mama did want to raise her child alone. Many 'single' mothers are perfectly happy raising their child alone. I totally agree that they have gone off course since buying the new house though.
Also Ab does have a sign for 'stop' or 'no', she can sign 'all done' or shake her head 'no'. She often demonstrates her understanding for 'all done' beyond what was taught to her by telling others that they are 'all done' being in her corner of the couch.
Final goal? How about honest discussion. A&P certainly do not allow that on any platform they are on.

How about the "single mom"couldn't find Asa to get some financial support, it obviously took several years. Please don't over look the FACT that Asa was and is a dead beat dad that makes bank off being "the greatest autism dad ever". You are either a good man and father...or you aren't, picking a child or two to care for and ignoring another does not make you a good father.

• Heart
  • Sad

zazaza

Do they think that dragging Abbie to this type of event that somehow she will “pick up” on how to be a teen( btw,the hairdo,looked like something out of an Anime cartoon). Do they not realize Abbie has absolutely NO clue what these gatherings are and the only impact on her is they make her very frustrated for the most part( how much is left on the editing floor that we don’t see).
yeah, I really don't get why they put her through this. he keeps insisting she had a good time and that her meltdowns weren't related to the environment, but I just don't think that's true. there are moments in the vlog that show how she was set off by the environment. in the one vlog, Becca said she wasn't even interested in eating all day, which is normally such a huge motivator for her, because she was so worked up by everything. and she was eloping - something they said she hasn't been doing. how was it fun for her to wander around this hotel, being forced to take photos and hug people? I saw some comment about how she was living every neurotypical teen's dream by being there - maybe so, but she's not neurotypical! and that's okay! and no one, the maass' and all their followers included, should force those same expectations, those same wants and needs, on her. she has no idea what any of this means or what the event is - and she doesn't know what it means when her mom says "this is Abbie, she's famous on youtube" and tells her to go take a picture with someone.

I really wish they had just let Becca actually be respite care for her and let the two of them hang in the hotel room, or go to the pool (I'm positive that place had a pool! why didn't they take her there?! if they are too cheap to heat their own pool in the winter, they should take advantage of a chance to get her swimming when they can!), or just let her do what she actually likes. music, sensory toys, a quiet space - keep her on somewhat of a schedule. not dinners at 9pm, being dragged around like some photo prop.

• Heart

nowboarding

Came across a CNN article talking about the exploitation of children in social media, particularly mentioning the Australian boy with dwarfism that's emotional video went viral over the last couple of weeks...

Here's an excerpt that brings a certain family to mind......
(the author has a child with Down Syndrome)

"Parents with autistic kids too frequently post videos of their child's meltdowns, forever digitally associating the kid's name or image with a moment of loss of control. Sure, the parents may be turning to a community for help, just as the mom in Australia needed help, but we have to build systems to support families like theirs, and mine, without creating a permanent record of despair that our children will have to struggle with forever.

Sharing trauma without consent creates the conditions to replicate that trauma long into the future -- it can expose someone to additional cruelty or serve as a disturbing and lingering reminder of that difficult moment. After all, it's almost guaranteed that children will grow up and Google themselves at some point. Every child has the right to control his or her image and choose what to keep private. We have to break this cycle."

HMMMMM...... Thought-provoking, right, Asa?

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
I don't think it's inappropriate for Asa to assist bathing or laying down with Abbie. We have all agreed , she is toddler, not a teen and as much as I dislike Asa I do not believe he would ever sexually abuse her in any way. Not buying that.

Her brother shouldn't do it.

Her mother should be responsible for most of Abbie's bathing needs in my opinion.

Summer's relationship with Abbie is inappropriate most of the time. Sometimes I feel her relationship with the family is a bit off or odd. But I also do not believe she and Asa are doing anything or ever would.

All of the above is my opinion and it is a bit.....buzzed 🍪 at the moment. So...

Oh yeah....Nice Thread Fred *giggles*

Reactions: 22

NerdLife

I’m on page 12 out of 35 so I don’t know how helpful anything at this point will be, but I cannot keep up 😂

1. I don’t mind Summer. She had some maturing to do, but I don’t think she’s there in an official respite capacity. From what I gathered, she’s paid to do assistant work with the Vlogs/Social Media, and helps with Ab in exchange for room and board. I hope she pulls back and is a bit more professional but I see where there lines in her case have been blurred over years of being with the family.

2. Maybe it’s my history of working in medical care, but I don’t see anything wrong with opposite set caregivers. It’s normal for us to see a dad bathing his teen and have a meltdown, but at the end of the day, I trust A more than P when it comes to keeping Ab safe in the tub.

3. Not a fan of ABA. It seems they use a more modified version by not punishing her stims. I talked to a friend who has autism back when I used to watch them because I didn’t want to support anyone who mistreated their kid via ABA.

4. I doubt she gets SSDI. If they change the rules and I have to claim my wheelchairs, even I won’t qualify anymore and I’m not employed!

5. Poor Ab. They seem to have given up trying. She just sits and rocks. Maybe her preferences HAVE changed, but we do see she likes some sensory toys, especially those that make noise. Perhaps if they want to decrease the yelling stim without suppressing it all together, they should give her more noise creating toys.

6. She’s not, and never will be, a normal teen. So what?! Grieve what that loss means for you as a parent, then step up and love your kid enough to enrich their lives to meet THEIR needs. I get it, seeing your teen love toddler toys can be heartbreaking. She can’t say, “I love you,” and is uncomfortable to it’s prolonged contact or conversations. It hurts, but you get over it for the benefit of your kid.

I won’t even let the whole idea of young parents come into my judgment of how they’ve begun behaving. I basically raised my siblings, and I’m only 7 and 6 years older than them. My sister was a drug addict with mental health issues. She’s clean but won’t talk to me. I give her space. It kills me bit she’s clean and I am willing to grieve and feel the pain to make HER life better.

A and P need to stop trying to fill the emptiness they feel because Isiah is leaving. No amount of pets or stuff or treating Summer and Becca like family, is going to fill the hole. You’re still losing your eldest to adulthood, and you’ve lost your youngest to conditions you couldn’t have predicted. It’s time to give Abbie what she needs to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 22