Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i Would suggest some Egyptian sandals or some kind of footwear that she can’t take off to change that behavior. I still say she understands more than they give her credit for.

Ps maybe if they Tried some sneakers and double knotted them it would be much more difficult to take them off in public

And who is this Casey stickle? Could it be one of their dummy accounts I’m starting to wonder at 11:11 of today’s video someone commented it sounded like Abby said I give up I went back to that video replayed it three times and it most certainly said that yet this Casey girl says that’s just one of her sounds. Wow
I think if they did high-top sneakers with knotted laces it would probably work perfectly

Reactions: 3
i Would suggest some Egyptian sandals or some kind of footwear that she can’t take off to change that behavior. I still say she understands more than they give her credit for.

Ps maybe if they Tried some sneakers and double knotted them it would be much more difficult to take them off in public

And who is this Casey stickle? Could it be one of their dummy accounts I’m starting to wonder at 11:11 of today’s video someone commented it sounded like Abby said I give up I went back to that video replayed it three times and it most certainly said that yet this Casey girl says that’s just one of her sounds. Wow
I call Casey Stickle the oracle because anytime someone asks a question she
Jumps in with an answer. She thinks she is an authority on everything maass related. I once asked her if she was related to them as she was answering all the questions. She is the first to jump to their defence as well. When the other child of Asa’s was mentioned she could hardly contain herself. She was having none of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I cringe when I hear Asa say “ super cute “ like today he referred to Abbys sneakers as “ super cute “ I’m sorry what grown man says that ? He says it constantly !!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I cringe when I hear Asa say “ super cute “ like today he referred to Abbys sneakers as “ super cute “ I’m sorry what grown man says that ? He says it constantly !!!
A isn't a grown man. He can't hold a real job, dresses like a teenage boy, and can't take criticism.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why oh why did they let her sit in that cookie shop with bare feet? Not one of them tried to rectify that. So unsanitary.
Oh I completely agree. Bare feet in general are gross. Abbie walks in other people's homes bare feet too. She is bare feet in the car which is probably filthy and then sits on the furniture at home. So gross. Her feet sweat when in shoes, especially in Florida.
Do they at least wash her feet when she gets home? Yuck.

Reactions: 5
Oh I completely agree. Bare feet in general are gross. Abbie walks in other people's homes bare feet too. She is bare feet in the car which is probably filthy and then sits on the furniture at home. So gross. Her feet sweat when in shoes, especially in Florida.
Do they at least wash her feet when she gets home? Yuck.
I've noticed they don't make her wear socks with her slip on sneakers.... not only is that asking for blisters but it's going to smell SO bad unless they're replacing them like once a month....

Reactions: 4
YESSS!!!!!!!!! It drives me insane!!

• Haha
They purposefully buy her those kind of shoes. She takes them off when she gets in vehicles and we know that both hambeasts are too lazy to take the time to put shoes on her. IMO.
So...the answer is...as always...lazy ass parents. IMO.
How does she know right from left foot?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How does she know right from left foot?
Pretty sure she doesn't know. She puts them on the wrong feet all the time.

Sorry, I'm with the family on this one, surprisingly! Putting on her own shoes is something she can do independently with slip-ons. She doesn't have the manual dexterity to put socks on properly and take them off on her own. This is a girl who can barely use the bathroom on her own; being able to manage her own shoes is a small victory that I would hold onto. Is it annoying that she takes her shoes off so much? Maybe, but I don't think it's that big of a deal most of a time (out at a restaurant they absolutely need to force her to keep the shoes on, though).

Reactions: 8
Pretty sure she doesn't know. She puts them on the wrong feet all the time.

Sorry, I'm with the family on this one, surprisingly! Putting on her own shoes is something she can do independently with slip-ons. She doesn't have the manual dexterity to put socks on properly and take them off on her own. This is a girl who can barely use the bathroom on her own; being able to manage her own shoes is a small victory that I would hold onto. Is it annoying that she takes her shoes off so much? Maybe, but I don't think it's that big of a deal most of a time (out at a restaurant they absolutely need to force her to keep the shoes on, though).
I completely agree.. It is a small victory that she does put on her own shoes, independently.. Also, yes, I have heard several times "Abbie, wrong foot" and she will switch to the other foot... I also agree that when they go out to eat, may she does either need to learn not to take them off OR she wears shoes that she can't take off so easily.. Either way, to reinforce the "we don't take our shoes off at restaurants or wherever we wear __ shoes..."

I can only imagine what people are thinking in Jacksonville when they see those 2 lard asses driving that electric golfcart around ..... they look like total goons !😂

• Haha
omg Abbie's yelling toward the end of the latest video ("Mom Needs a Break") when everyone is trying to eat their dinner. That's got to be one of the hardest things about being around her. Here's an interesting video about how one autism family found a solution for their son's screaming. of course, i'm not saying they should do this for Abbie (and autism advocates were REALLY upset about this), but it's interesting.

On a side note, Summer's forced laugh and resting witch face make her almost as hard to watch as Abbie!
Those poor parents. They are better people, than me. They lived with the non stop screaming for 4 years? I would have packed my bag and left by day 2.

• Heart
Honestly it is a bit sad that viewers dissect her speech. Most of the time, at least to me it doesn’t sound like she’s talking. The closes thing to a word I’ve ever heard was a “NO” sound.

My brother has sensory issues with shirts and anything touching his knees clothing wise. He also hates the feel of socks. Whole other thing with because he can and does talk to us about it. The rule, when we take him, out, is that he has to dress for the weather (no shorts in winter, no going shirtless, shoes and socks must be worn). He hates it and says if we make him wear stuff like that he won't go with us. And he'll try about once every few times to take something off in the car. He does that, the car gets turned around.
Abbie doesn't seem to have any limits like that. Anywhere she goes the shoes come right off. I can see going barefoot at home since it is warm enough. But away from home? I don't think she takes them off at school. At least I didn't see them off in the few times they filmed her there. The school seems to get her to do these basic things pretty well. If A & P are such experts why aren't they able to follow through with what the school does? Small children learn this, why can't she?

Reactions: 9
My brother has sensory issues with shirts and anything touching his knees clothing wise. He also hates the feel of socks. Whole other thing with because he can and does talk to us about it. The rule, when we take him, out, is that he has to dress for the weather (no shorts in winter, no going shirtless, shoes and socks must be worn). He hates it and says if we make him wear stuff like that he won't go with us. And he'll try about once every few times to take something off in the car. He does that, the car gets turned around.
Abbie doesn't seem to have any limits like that. Anywhere she goes the shoes come right off. I can see going barefoot at home since it is warm enough. But away from home? I don't think she takes them off at school. At least I didn't see them off in the few times they filmed her there. The school seems to get her to do these basic things pretty well. If A & P are such experts why aren't they able to follow through with what the school does? Small children learn this, why can't she?
Because they aren’t experts. It’s been hard for me to even pay attention to what they do/say after they let her jump in that mucky water in an unfamiliar place.

Because they don't have a clue.. They are just now trying to implement things that ABA has been doing for YEARS with Abbie, from home therapy to school but sadly, Asa doesn't do them enough and she know's P is a push over.. Also, yes, she should know from school, that taking shoes off anywhere is a big no-no and I am surprised the school hasn't addressed it, in the morning, when she holds up pick up line, putting her shoes on...

Also, can we get a shout-out on how AWESOME Abbie's workers are, at the school, that wait for Abbie each morning and bring her out every afternoon.. Especially the aid that is usually with her every day! I seriously love her! She is so patient with Abbie and her whole family!! I wished I remembered her name..

Reactions: 6
Something I learned when I took child psych courses: It can be super distracting to children when they are working on a task and you interrupt them with praise. Since Abbie is mentally very young, I think the same is probably true for her. When they are doing a task like ordering at the cookie shop, she is WORKING. That is her job and her workplace and they are focusing on the task at hand. When you praise her and have them stop to aknowledge it, that interrupts their flow. How would you feel if you were at work and your boss was constantly over your shoulder yelling "good job!" every time you completed a task you were supposed to do?
I've always thought that, as well. It seems to overwhelm Abbie having multiple people telling her what to do and telling her good job at the same time. Asa is always preaching about Abbie's sensory processing issues, well HELLO. Three different people prompting her and praising her simultaneously is definitely sensory overload. Then they don't seem to understand why Abbie starts to get upset and doesn't want to complete the task. I recall Brandi saying a few times to do the least amount of verbal prompting and use hand signals/signing. I think this is not only so that Abbie will begin to do more tasks without help but also so that she doesn't get so overwhelmed.

I've always thought that, as well. It seems to overwhelm Abbie having multiple people telling her what to do and telling her good job at the same time. Asa is always preaching about Abbie's sensory processing issues, well HELLO. Three different people prompting her and praising her simultaneously is definitely sensory overload. Then they don't seem to understand why Abbie starts to get upset and doesn't want to complete the task. I recall Brandi saying a few times to do the least amount of verbal prompting and use hand signals/signing. I think this is not only so that Abbie will begin to do more tasks without help but also so that she doesn't get so overwhelmed.
I've noticed when they talk with her they also use a lot of junk filler phrases instead of keeping things simple and clear. Instead of "Abbie, would you like this? or this?" they'll say things like "we gotta make a decision!" "Let's decide what you want!" "Come on you like these!" All sorts of phrases that aren't clear about what is being asked of her and aren't helpful. That's just one example but they do it a LOT. I sometimes want to yell at them to just STFU and let her process. Talking at her more using phrases she hasn't learned well is going to make her so confused.

And then when they ask her to make a decision they NEVER LET HER ACTUALLY MAKE THE DECISION. It's always "Oh you don't want that!" "You'd like this better!" Like how is she supposed to understand choosing if they never let her actually do it??

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It was sad watching Abbie hiding in the corner of the dark laundry room. Something was bothering her and unfortunately she couldn’t express it. I don’t know if it was the filming or she didn’t feel well. Many times, I feel so sorry for her.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.