Fathering Autism #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not trying to stick up for her because I can’t stand the woman, but it’s super common to not be able to tolerate certain meats after surgery. I do best with beef and pork, chicken comes and goes. I did really well with ground turkey for a while but now I can’t handle turkey at all!! It’s so weird! If I could get enough protein eating plant based I probably would because meat just tastes weird most days anymore.
I eat plant based pasta. It has a good amount of protein, but the taste takes some getting used to.

Reactions: 10
Hello Everybody. I have been following the Fathering Austism threads here for a long time, but this is my first time posting. Everyone in the Maas home, even Summer, have seemed particularly anxious in the past week and even passive aggressive toward one another. (Except for Abby who has no clue what is going on around her). It's like watching a simmering pot that is going to eventually boil over. Aside from being together 24 hours a day, I think much of the tension revolves around the sad truth that Asa and Priscilla have created a situation in which they are dependent on social media for their financial survival. Asa is constantly following everyone around the house filming them, hoping to scramble enough footage to create enough content for the next video. Priscilla can't cook alone, the kids can't swim alone, and he even barged into his 18 year old son's room recently to tell him to go to bed....while filming him! Priscilla is desperately peddling cosmetics to stay "up the line" with Limelife, and seems very emotionally detached from everyone in the house. I am not a huge fan of Priscilla, but I have to say that Asa is very disrespectful to her to the point of being a bully. I have watched him now in two videos aim a nerf ball gun at Priscilla and shoot repeatedly. Not just once but over and over again. In his most recent instagram video, Isaiah physically restrains his Mom while Asa goes at her repeatedly in the head! I didn't find it funny but disturbing. Also, I thought it was so mean in a recent video when Asa filmed Priscilla bending over to take a picture of a hibiscus by the pool and made a joke about her backside. It's as though he is taking jabs at Priscilla by making her the "butt" of his humor (pun intended). Priscilla....if you are reading this, wise up girl! Stop giggling along with everything Asa does that you find unacceptable and stand your ground! Asa needs a true purpose beyond YouTubing (aka a job), and interaction with other humans who will not take his crap but stand up to him. Thanks for letting me rant for a moment...or two!
Do you all remember the time (it was in their old rental house) when Asa woke Priscilla up ( I think that was the scenario), then proceeded to somehow use something that exploded and blew glitter all over her face including her eyes, mouth and nose? I wanted to yell at him. There was no where to go and complain about his behavior. I didn’t know about this site. He was going on and on and she just kept spitting out glitter. I thought it was horrible. And abusive. Don’t know how many people viewed it but I think he took that video down. Sometimes getting a man to marry you and try and keep him married to you is just not worth it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
In order for her to learn “no” at this point, they’d have to first take her upstairs in the room and the lock the cage thing... then tell her no. I always think about when she flipped out on Isaiah while they were doing the live cause the candy had ran out. Isaiah even showed her the bag to prove that everything was gone and she threw a damn fit!
The trouble is, IMO, that the ABA food reward is now so deeply ingrained in her that due to her IDD she is never going to unlearn the link between doing what is asked of her and getting sweets or snacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Meanwhile....

This is so creepy to me. It actually reinforces the idea that people with autism are different. Does anyone talk about neurotypical teens like this or become obsessed with their quirky behavior?

I really wish they would address this. It reminds me of a documentary I watched that had adults with disabilities and they talked about how frequently people treated them like they were incapable or talked down to them like they are 5 years old. Yes Abbie is mentally not a teen but that doesn’t mean you still have to constantly treat her like a baby.
I just hate that face she makes. It is disturbing all by itself but, yes, the comments are strange and most of their fans are strange birds that post stupid tit like this constantly. It's almost like they don't have the mentality to post anything of real value so they just post ridiculous tit like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Wait.....let me get this straight.....a liar is calling us liars?!?! Hahahahahahaha!!! She is posting blatant lies about the information about Asa being lies when we all know that all of it is proven to be FACT!!! Unfortunately for her, those "private documents " are actually public records that can be seen by any member of the public if they so desire. (If all of the info was lies, why would anyone have any documents stating it? "Private" or not? So, let me get my handy dandy decoder out of my cereal box and decode this woman's words.....what it really says is "I'm pissed off bc my favorite youtubers have skeletons in their closet that have been released and they aren't as perfect as I thought so, I'm going to call anyone talking about how they truly are, a liar!". That's what it really says. )
Beware of all of a sudden new members....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I eat plant based pasta. It has a good amount of protein, but the taste takes some getting used to.
Plenty of ways for getting protein. She usually eats about 6 scrambled for breakfast, and pretends to drink 310 shakes, so there ya ho.

Plenty of ways for getting protein. She usually eats about 6 scrambled for breakfast, and pretends to drink 310 shakes, so there ya ho.
Oops...I meant go, not ho.

• Haha

Oops...I meant go, not ho.
Who the hell eats 6 scrambled eggs?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
[/QUOTE
I love green lentil pasta! I eat it quite frequently with a meat pasta sauce. I know I’m getting enough protein on those days!

Reactions: 1
I pretty much tune out when the whole vlog is advice to us fro Asa...of all people.

Yep it would take an absolute genius to come up with that list of 10. Could've never come up with any of them on my own

And oh right Asa...#10 was do what makes you happy. Yep you did that when you went out and cheated on your wife and got yourself another kid. Yep that act made you happy alright...actions have consequences, in this case a daughter who you dont give 2 shits about who you never even tried to meet.

I guess my point is.....Who is HE to be giving tips to anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
New commenter here...I feel slightly conflicted over this whole vlog. At first, they seemed to me like caring parents, trying to help their daughter and other parents going through it.

The more I watched, the more evident it was , that it was not the case.

If they just changed her diet, she would function better than she does currently. All of that sugar and processed foods, with little to no vegetables is not good for her. I've seen autistic kids function so much better when switched to a clean, paleo type of diet.

The amount of Dunkin Donuts and processed food, sugar and carbs this family consumes is worrisome.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I was watching the vlog and wondering “who in the duck even wants advice from you dirty motherfuckers ?” Then I remembered the demographics of their fan base and their own mental status.
For one, most intelligent people have been in quarantine longer than they have, and have 100% more knowledge and common sense than they do. It wasn’t surprising that they had at least 2-3 tips focused around food. And then, this idiot had the nerve to tell people to camp around their house. Excuse me... how are the woods corona infested? Oh yeah, they are the type to not go “backcountry” hiking or camping... because they need to go to an actual camp ground just in case one of them gets a heart attack and they need cell service to call 911. Also Abbies sounds would attract the wildlife (as Ass said in his diary). They are so dumb. Stop trying to give advice.

• Haha
  • Heart
[/QUOTE]
That was so awful... they literally threw her in there against her will.
Yeah I thought that was wrong. They always say she knows how to communicate. Well she obviously communicated NO but they forced her in anyway. Think for a minute how she must process that in her head. Either that nobody listens to her or it's okay to shove people in or hundreds of other ways. None of then good.

I cracked up when Assa whipped out his diary and explained how he writes. And then again when he said he might write a book someday...we gotta stop giving him ideas

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.