Fathering Autism #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else think it was weird how excited Assa got when Ab knew her colors? I probably wouldn’t have thought too much about it, but there have been a lot of mentions lately where Ab hasn’t progressed much long term. He acted so RELIEVED he had something to show the fanzies & the school. Things must be that bad. So anyway, what did he do while she was showing she was focused enough to get it right? HE EXCUSED HER!!! That is not the time to let her take a break! It was just awful odd timing & she WON, yet again.
I thought that was extremely weird. For one ... he was almost jumping out of his chair. Then, he was like screaming “go take a break!” Wtf. Can you imagine being in school and one of your teachers or professors were to get so delighted that you got an answer right and they were like “go play hooky cause you deserve it!!!l”? Just imagine. “OMG AND you’re gonna get a treat sweet girl.” Give me a damn break.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
tit... in my day we used to device a whole hooky plan and that did not involve the teacher “prompting” us to do so. Lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe the texture? I don't really know what it is but, it sure does gross me out to watch her eat. (I usually fastfoward thru it, to be honest.) It reminds me too much of a bunch of big cats killing and eating their prey. I am an animal lover but, I sure don't like to watch them eat.

Yep!! I second that!

He did? I thought he said that she did have pica? Maybe I'm just hearing it wrong or something.
He has definitely said before that abbie has pica. I'm not convinced pica is from deficiency- I've mentioned here before that my youngest likes to crunch on rocks, metal, tables, etc. We have had him in for so much bloodwork, and everything shows normal.

I think for my son it's sensory. His favourite snacks are chips (we suspect he likes the crunch). Maybe some is sensory for Abbie, too. I've also mentioned before that I think Abbie just feels permanently hungry. Maybe she does it from that.

I would love to know what her thought process is. Hungry? Sensory? Just had the urge and couldnt resist?

• Heart
Same like how they take her to the gas station and ask her to pick a snack... then they have her go to the cashier and hold up the damn line. Why? Because they want to show her how to pay for items. Too little, too late and most likely not an achievable goal. Cashier is looking at them like “damn I’m not getting paid enough to deal with this... hurry up and buy!” Also... when they go to ice cream shops and they ask her what she wants... when they already know what she wants and decide for her anyway. The girl is going to point at anything... the confusion on the workers’ faces is so uncomfortable to watch... and again ... holding up the damn line when you know exactly what she wants. Smh. Selfish, stupid motherfuckers.
We do this at work. When we go on outings we have them pay the cashier with our help. But, we are prepared. We are proactive. We know are people, what their issues are and what might set them off. Asshat doesn't think like that. Asshat thinks everyone should just accept all the bullshit that he creates because it's called autism awareness! Also, if tit goes down while we are there, I apologize . Asshat doesn't feel he needs to apologize for tit which is disrespectful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Cilla has said she does have a Pica diagnosis. And he had a vlog on it. Start at the 1:54 mark. I find it odd he changes his story and says that now she doesn't. Can you outgrow Pica?

P....”she passed all her A-GAR....A-GAP....”

lmao! This was her 2nd baby!

Abbie did have a big head.

So I was just thinking that if they could remember back to when Abbie’s 1st sign began, that maybe was when her brain growth halted. It’s sad for me to imagine any child’s brain unable to continue connecting. I do hope there are answers someday.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Vlog called “I Didn’t Handle Her Behavior Well” At the 1:19 point, Abbie hurts her step Grandma and makes her Yelp. It was unintentional but I still felt for her. Of course, camera immediately turned off.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I would, without a doubt do ABA if I had a severely autisic ( or IDD) child
I think I would too. But only for the behaviors that are harmful for herself and others and for the behaviors that are disrespectful in the community. Stealing food, grabbing people ECT.

Reactions: 7
It may not "hurt" her but it sure is crappy for a father to upload a video of his non verbal severely IDD daughter eating dirt.
It also won't "hurt" her because she will never know he did it.
Its exploitation.
IMO
Yes! Also he baited her just like with the sandwich twittok. He knew she would try to eat it.

• Heart
They act like one day Abbie is going to magically wake up on Saturday morning and will say “oh it’s saturday... time to get some house work done ... first I’ll do the dusting and vacuuming and then I’ll take care of laundry...” unfortunately she will never think like that, and every time she does “chores” will be due to them forcing her and showing her what to do for the millionth time. So I too wish they would stop with this “path to independence” BS.
Independence my ass, it’s almost sad, like accept it, move on. they really think it will change?

Stopped the video- six separate times that I saw she was putting the dirt in her mouth. And they all laughed about it. How upsetting!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
See, when I first signed up on this site I would have 100% disagreed with you but now I am on the fence. I always refer to the one thing they have been consistent with. Closing out the vlog. As dumb as an example that is it does show with consistency she can learn to do a simple task with one, or sometimes several, verbal prompt. IDK
I hear ya and you're right about that.
That's a very important prompt in Assa's eyes!!
Things like:
Pick one.
Which color.
Get a plate.
Matching.
Etc.
After multiple prompts she might get it right but sometimes...
Even with multiple prompts, those requests usually end up as an exercise in futility.
"Learning" = retaining information.
For her that seems almost impossible.
Not her fault of course.
We know who is to blame.
IMO.

• Heart
Its sickening in todays VLOG how he tried to make P look so busy.. and had so many orders ... for her MLM scam.

Also.. yea. Abbie continued to put dirt in her mouth.. it wasn't just once. What was that at the end? Did she jump in the pool with her clothes.. again.. I hope they are enjoying getting her out of her wet clothes..

When Abbie was eating the dirt ... Dummer actually wanted to go get Isaiah to clean Abbie up.. because she didn't want to touch dirt... what does she do when Abbie has a diaper.. if she doesn't even want to touch potting soil?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
At around 12:61 ... Ass: “Wicked proud of you.” Lol sounded like an ode to the UK fans. Smh. These motherfuckers.

Don’t buy it ... these are about the trashiest of people you will see in life.

He’s probably over there learning what terms his biggest fan bases around the world use ... wow. Any educated person can see through your BS Ass!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.