Fathering Autism #107 Full-size candy from small-size minds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Public Service Announcement...please educate your sons on their responsibility regarding safe sex practices and give them access to condoms. They are going to have sex whether you like it or not so give them the protection and education to do it as responsibly as possible. I work with pregnant and parenting youth and unfortunately the young women are left to face the reality of their choices alone sometimes with little to no support from the fathers, or either sides of the familes. It takes 2! Stepping off my soap box and we can now return to regularly scheduled 🐷 snark!

Uh, what?? My 17 yr old son with autism is on a 2-4 yr old level. He will never be intimate with anyone unless he is sexually abused-and God help the person if I ever find out that is happening. My 22yr old is in a committed relationship and just had a baby. :unsure: Thanks, but we've got it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh no, we love garlic bread. That section comes from a larger segment where he is pretending to be an older person at a buffet coming across garlic bread for the first time.

Oh wow! Do you get it? Peter Kay is quite specific- some of the jokes went over me until I moved from Nottingham in the midlands to Lancashire up north. And British humour is….well…not the same as American humour!

I agree, the more I see of pigs food, the less I want to eat it. She thinks cooking is just shoving seasonings in things and topping it with cheese and a side serving of snout wipe and finger germs.

and what is with her hair in that video? It makes her look even fatter.
I get some of them, others have to be googled… I also have a lot of family from England (my roots are from there), so I grew up learning a lot of English history (between that and Germany). I love to watch Channel17 and the BBC, over anything on the television here in the US. So, my main television is YouTube videos and streaming channels from the UK..

I don’t see how someone can be so bad at cooking. I mean, I know people that can burn water, but even they are better cooks than the Pig…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just Boring. All I want to know is who won the TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR AMAZON GIFT CARD????

The Lipstick Mamas are retreating this weekend in Tennessee.
they are truely a sad lot. seriously, they just watch each other’s lives. Have zero interaction with potential sales, are talking about personal trauma, conspiracy theories, being broke. It really is sad.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This above PSA does not belong here, especially in response to a parent poster.
I had to go back and see who this post was in reference to LOL! I KNOW my boys have all those hormones and urges-even the one with autism. We've taught him where it was appropriate to do all the private things many years ago now. That would be a subject that A&P could address with their audience. Teens/Adults with ID/ASD etc have the same sexual urges and desires we all do. How have they dealt with that aspect of puberty? Or have they just ignored it and think that Abbie doesn't have those feelings?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought it was weird that there was literally no one else near them in this vlog. Not even kids in the distance. Cant hear any conversation around them. Riding on the second cart of an apparently empty tractor.
I wonder if they waited til everyone left then they did a quick lap to film.
Which is ok, since they have filmed this exact trip the past several years. We'll probably see Abbie at 19, "On the farm."
Yes, I also thought that ? cart ride was weird...The whole vlog seemed off...

Reactions: 14
I get some of them, others have to be googled… I also have a lot of family from England (my roots are from there), so I grew up learning a lot of English history (between that and Germany). I love to watch Channel17 and the BBC, over anything on the television here in the US. So, my main television is YouTube videos and streaming channels from the UK..

I don’t see how someone can be so bad at cooking. I mean, I know people that can burn water, but even they are better cooks than the Pig…
I think I’m one of those horrible cooks. I admit it.

• Haha
Yes. They've pulled her hair so tight all these years she's has a lot of hair loss.
Do you hear that ASA???
Take a look at your daughter's head! Her hairline is receding!!! And, how do you know having her hair pulled tight all the time isn't giving her bad headaches???
I swear you are the most aggregating two people on the face of the earth! You and your dumbass wife need parenting classes!
Wait! Better start off with commom sense classes first!!!

Thank you, @convert70. I've been dealing with my head injury for a couple of years now.
Wow! Time for things to be getting better for you I'd say! Healing thoughts for you!

• Heart
I think I’m one of those horrible cooks. I admit it.
I KNOW I can’t cook… but you know what I can do …really well?? I can make the best dinner reservations you have ever had!! True story!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I will say, I have been in a lot of Italian homes (as my area had a lot of transplants) and they don't serve garlic bread with the main entree, only traditional breads because it soaks up the oils from the foods. It can be served with a starter but when it comes to actually the main meal, it is switched over to regular loafs (like French breads).
Yeah, one side of my family is Italian (some immigrants and some first-generation), and we ate garlic bread next to never...and especially not with Italian food. If we were having pasta, we would maybe have a loaf of Italian bread with it. And if we wanted bread with oil and herbs with it, we would do it the normal way...just dip it in a little dish of oil and herbs. I don't even know why you'd serve garlic bread with something saucy like pasta or a low-country boil...it's already soaked up oil/butter, so it won't be able to soak up the sauce!

Just Boring. All I want to know is who won the TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR AMAZON GIFT CARD????
Wasn't there another giveaway like a year ago that they never announced the winner of? Where they advertised it as like a "$500 giveaway" or something, but really it was 10 separate people winning $50 gift cards each?

• Heart
Alrighty, let's get some visuals.
As @Ladybug524 mentioned, the vlog literally starts out in the shitter. - :poop:
View attachment 854003
Here is the view walking out of the shitter - 🐽View attachment 854006
Motherly bonding going on - NOT - 🐷View attachment 854009
A staged father daughter frolic in the farm - :rolleyes:
View attachment 854013
A massive gunt - :oops:
View attachment 854014
Oh isn't that special, she's wearing her Slimelife jacket - :sick:
View attachment 854020
Calling out Sensory Issues before it's an issue - 😕 View attachment 854021
Again - :cautious:
View attachment 854023
And Again - :mad:
View attachment 854026
And we end with some DeEp ReFlEcTiOn - 🤡
View attachment 854031
I wonder what would they do if....
Abbie had a big "accident" and had to be changed...seems it would be a bit of a challenge if only those port-a-potties were available! I mean they aren't always the cleanest and are small to begin with...how would you be able to fit two adults in one with one of those adults needing the cleaning and changing?! Neither Priscilla or Asa would fit in one with Abbie even if she wasn't a mess but ....just to change her diaper! There's no way they could do it. So Abbie would just have to walk around or sit in the car/truck until they found a bathroom or arrived back home.!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah, I'm going to jump into the garlic bread discussion. I'm half Italian and grew up eating my Grandmother's cooking. We only had Italian bread at dinner and that was to dip it in the sauce. The best was getting a piece of bread and dip it in the sauce when it was still cooking on the stove. We never dipped our bread in olive oil either. Oh, and we make our sauce with spare ribs cooked in the sauce. :giggle: :m :giggle:

• Heart
They think they have made it.
Pictured on the 'tron at the Jags game. Sponsor of the hockey team. Recognized at the hardware store.
Famous ya'll- they are freaking famous!
No more cat burglaring, bad check passing, thrift store furniture and broken down cars for them!
Thats all I saw and heard....Look at us! Look at us!
:sick: :sick: :sick:
;

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I was kinda hoping Assa had sucker punched Pig in the face on purpose but no such luck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
What the actual F is happening here??? How does she look in the mirror and think that's ok? It's a matter of self-respect. Do something about this. View attachment 854093
I can't imagine how chaffed she must get in various body places... between skin rubbing on skin + sweat.
She must go through a good amount of powder!

• Haha
  • Sick
Garlic bread: I married an Italian, they never eat garlic bread. It was traumatic for me. I love garlic bread, and grew up on it and Ragu. When I first tasted homemade gravy (yeah they call it gravy lol) I didnt like it at all, it took time. As my kids grew their nonna taught them how to make gravy and pasta, so I havent made "American" spaghetti in probably 20 years. The concession is that I always get garlic bread, period. On the flip side, they have enjoyed a lot of my "midwest" cooking. I have Italian family in Jersey who now eat things like beef and noodles over mashed potatoes, or shredded chicken sandwiches. Things they thought were outrageous they enjoy now too. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Uh, what?? My 17 yr old son with autism is on a 2-4 yr old level. He will never be intimate with anyone unless he is sexually abused-and God help the person if I ever find out that is happening. My 22yr old is in a committed relationship and just had a baby. :unsure: Thanks, but we've got it.
Wasn't directed at you or your family specifically, a general comment. Congrats on becoming a Grandma.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah, one side of my family is Italian (some immigrants and some first-generation), and we ate garlic bread next to never...and especially not with Italian food. If we were having pasta, we would maybe have a loaf of Italian bread with it. And if we wanted bread with oil and herbs with it, we would do it the normal way...just dip it in a little dish of oil and herbs. I don't even know why you'd serve garlic bread with something saucy like pasta or a low-country boil...it's already soaked up oil/butter, so it won't be able to soak up the sauce!

Wasn't there another giveaway like a year ago that they never announced the winner of? Where they advertised it as like a "$500 giveaway" or something, but really it was 10 separate people winning $50 gift cards each?
I remember Asshat doing a computer giveaway last year. He announced the winner on Twitch. I was secretly watching as a possible winner in the chat. :ROFLMAO:
I thought it would have been a hoot if one of us Tattlers won it. I thought it was rigged to be honest. :cautious:

They think they have made it.
Pictured on the 'tron at the Jags game. Sponsor of the hockey team. Recognized at the hardware store.
Famous ya'll- they are freaking famous!
No more cat burglaring, bad check passing, thrift store furniture and broken down cars for them!
Thats all I saw and heard....Look at us! Look at us!
:sick: :sick: :sick:
;
I wonder how much they had to pay to have their faces plastered as a sponsor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
All I have to say is..
7 lbs of potatoes
18 half pieces of corn
6 lbs of shrimp
Crab legs
tit ton of sausage
Expensive ass meal y’all. Probably $80 in seafood alone.
Just because you can, does NOT mean you should.
1C8F0F7C-6EC0-44A5-BDCD-121EE18B0541.jpeg

Any guesses what Percillerpotamus’ BMI registers these days? 🐽

0EC7B0F2-0B4E-4DA3-BDBF-02D3A9B714B8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Thank you, @Whimsical. My forehead caught a professional baseball pitcher’s 90+ mph fastball at close range when his catcher missed. It has changed my life. Injury pre-pandemic but rehab therapies were abruptly halted for nine months due to the pandemic. Providers and their staff keep changing due to the stress of working in healthcare. Amazingly a one year waiting list for additional services. Working full time remains a challenge and requires much recovery each day. Trying to keep things positive. Continuing to be a fierce advocate to progress to a better quality of life.
Adrenaline took over. I did not lose consciousness. While Mr. Cardinal and friends were dashing off for ice and medical support, I had other plans. I saw the pitcher at the fence looking horrified and watching me so I staggered over to him to question what happened - pitch, velocity, catcher’s challenge. I previously worked in trauma research and medical rehabilitation, so I was on autopilot collecting data. A trip to the emergency room showed no skull fracture or brain bleed, but it has been a long haul trying to restore balance, reduce pain, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and executive functioning. Crazy for a short visit to the ballgame. It was a pre-game warm-up pitch so we never had out planned fun evening. I guess you could call it kind of a curve ball for me. 😉
@Cardinal Rule

I'm so sorry it has taken me a while to reply. I finally sat down to get caught up.

OMGOODNESS, wow, just wow. I can't imagine that happening and walking away to tell the story. 90 mph is scary as duck, but to the head, oh my gosh, just thinking about it, wow. So many things could have gone so many ways at that moment. The miracle is that here you are, telling the story and even throwing in a bit of humor, which really is necessary at times, to cope and deal with things. Life-changing is the perfect way to describe it, but almost seems like an understatement for what you have been thru, and continue to experience daily.

Adrenaline kicking in is an unbelievably amazing thing. Thank goodness you had the wherewithal to be able to function and stay alert, I bet that pitcher was in shock himself. 😵 The only comparable thing in terms of being in shock was when I was attacked by a 100 pound + Bullmastiff. I knew the dog since he was a puppy and I was getting the mail and talking to my neighbor. He had his dog on a leash and I leaned down to pet the dog and at the same time his spiked collar poked his throat (according to my previous neighbor) and the dog lunged at me and bit my face/cheek and neck all at once. His weight knocked me into the middle of the street.
It felt like I was in the middle of the street forever while my neighbor was freaking out. I got up and walked towards my house as my neighbor was attempting to help me, but I was like, "I'm OK, I'm going to walk back across the street now, I'm OK, wow, there is so much blood, I can't see where I'm going, but I'm OK..." and the closer I got to my front door the more I could feel myself panicking and I could not control it, as soon as I got inside I yelled for my then-husband who thankfully was home at the time and off to the ER we went. I was fine after the initial attack, while in the middle of the road, but within a certain amount of time after I got up and was walking up my driveway that is when the panic set it, it was a crazy experience.

Brain injuries/damage suck and it's a constant battle against our own body and will always be an everyday struggle. I'm not just saying that just to say it, I have lived with damage to my brain since 1997. Mine is progressive and during the darkest of moments/times, humor was and always will be my silver lining. Perhaps that is why I love it here so much, the humor is over the top and it's so needed. 🤪😊

9 months without any kind of therapy/services for you, when deailng with the brain must have felt like an eternity. The disconnect when suddenly our brains don't work as they always have, as they should and we have to relearn so much, yet are trying to adapt to the new normal, all is so very overwhelming and exhausting, mentally, emotionally and physically. I can honestly say I get it. I wish we could talk more, we seem to have a lot in common, although from different initial situations. It is a long road trying to find the balance (no pun intended...I still have no balance!!) 🤦‍♀️🤣😂

Sending big Whimsical healing hugs and many more silly maASSive images your way, because laughter is good for the soul.
xoxo
🥰♥

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.