Father of Daughters #50 Come on in, don’t be a pavlova!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a customer I contacted oddbox and they have apologised and confirmed they will not work with FOD again. I did also point out that gifting free food to well- off families like them is very off putting, especially at the moment.

Well done!!

Reactions: 6
That’s brilliant. What did you both say? (General gist)

If he thinks he can keep getting ads without been challenged by Tattlers he’s off his FODbox

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just expressed my disappointment as a customer to see they were working with a racist family, and asked if they felt that FOD reflected their values as a brand. Glad they have said they will never work with him again as while it is a bit expensive I love my oddbox and otherwise I would have cancelled my subscription.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I said similar, I did not want an association with a company who sends influencers free food when they don’t need it, especially when said influencer has racist ties and exploits their family

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m so tired of these companies blaming their own lack of due diligence when it’s literally 2 words plugged into Google (I’m going with Simon + Hooper but Clemmie + Hooper works too!).

They can easily go and say they won’t work with FOD again, but that doesn’t change that their service was seen by however many real people FOD has on his account. (Darlene in Texas gives no fucks about oversized potatoes, btw Oddfox people.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Well done on contacting Oddbox, and I'm glad they've taken it seriously.

I noticed he had followed more people recently. This is one of the pages he has followed...

Is this going to be his next load of content. Him on his bike, hoping this page will put him on their grid and gift him some clothing.

Class A twit On A Bike

Screenshot_20220121-232022_Instagram.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Well done on contacting Oddbox, and I'm glad they've taken it seriously.

I noticed he had followed more people recently. This is one of the pages he has followed...

Is this going to be his next load of content. Him on his bike, hoping this page will put him on their grid and gift him some clothing.

Class A twit On A Bike

View attachment 1006282
Oh FFS, he’s taken my fruit & veg box, he’d better not piss me off by taking my biking away from me too!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm impressed with how well the Father of Daughters Wiki is positioned when I just did a few test searches (trying to see how easy it is for brands to find out whether Simon 'aligns with their values' or not). Fist bumps to @EddieBeds for all the work 👊

I'm still struggling to get my head around companies with a strong environmental ethos using influencers to (as Oddbox say, but they're not the only company) "reach new audiences to educate". When the influencers/educators themselves have extremely wasteful lifestyles and promote wasteful habits, it feels hollow and hypocritical.

A typical influencer of Simon's ilk is oblivious or uninterested in the sizeable damage they and their families are doing with their own excessive consumption and the marketing of it to others, but will use token easy pickings to claim eco-credentials: "I bought reject veg!", "I switched off the lights for earth hour!", "I used rechargeable batteries in the remote control!" We've all seen them smugly believing that they're "doing their bit".

How did we get to the point where any so-called ethical company big on sustainability looks at Simon Hooper's instagram presence and says "that's who we want representing our brand, that's the person to educate others".

It's all just bollocks, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m so tired of these companies blaming their own lack of due diligence when it’s literally 2 words plugged into Google (I’m going with Simon + Hooper but Clemmie + Hooper works too!).

They can easily go and say they won’t work with FOD again, but that doesn’t change that their service was seen by however many real people FOD has on his account. (Darlene in Texas gives no fucks about oversized potatoes, btw Oddfox people.)
Exactly, like isn't that your Job as a Marketing executive to just do that ? I don't buy it, they knew but still went for the 890k followers (BOT) and the fact that FOD probably charges a small fee at the moment for AD.

Reactions: 17
Exactly, like isn't that your Job as a Marketing executive to just do that ? I don't buy it, they knew but still went for the 890k followers (BOT) and the fact that FOD probably charges a small fee at the moment for AD.
Agreed. It felt like a fairly standard response. Basically, “Shame you won’t be carrying on with your box, but not to worry, the influencer ads will bring us loads more, so bye!”

• Angry
Reactions: 13
How did we get to the point where any so-called ethical company big on sustainability looks at Simon Hooper's instagram presence and says "that's who we want representing our brand, that's the person to educate others".
In fairness we could just as easily ask ‘How did we get to the point where any company looks at Simon Hooper's instagram presence and says "that's who we want representing our brand”’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That's similar to the one that's still on his "talent" agency's website to this day 😂
(Side note, I love how the text cuts out at "problems and issues - yo" 😆)

talent.jpg

Imagine being the poor sod who booked him for a presenting gig based on that photo, and then having a right Tinder vs Reality moment when he turned up on the day 😜

TinderVsReality.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don't really like commenting on peoples appearances, but he is a twit of the highest order so he is fair game, but duck my life he has aged dreadfully.

Reactions: 12
If you're marketing yourself in the media for professional appearances and on-camera work etc., you need to be updating your publicity photos every 1-2 years. It's ridiculous that he's still using such an out-of-date (and poor quality) shot on his agency site.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm sorry I missed the 're in my post above. Feel #ashamed now. :whistle:

One thing theVitDproject has been doing is actually using a professional photographer for the majority of her pictures now. Gets she's a brand. Even the christmas tree + candle pics are credited.

How many #influencers now live in Ramsgate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6