Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hygiene is one thing and that's gross - but the rest of the post I have to disagree with.

Casual Fridays is just that. Casual. I work for an employer whereby we are asked to be ourselves in terms of dress at work, as long as it isn't dirty or offensive we can wear what we like - including hats, sandals, hoodies, jeans and trainers. They are casual for a reason.

I couldn't think of anything worse than having to consistently wear business dress to appease people when I can dress and be myself both in and outside of work. Just because you're wearing jeans and trainers, it doesn't have to look unkempt, it's easy to look smart casual in that sort of thing.
I agree, obviously people should be clean and not stink, but I find it a bit weird people would judge someone who is wearing clothes that are in their opinion too casual. What does it really change in terms of work? It's probably actually beneficial for productivity as it's more comfortable.

Reactions: 7
I wish people would make a bit of an effort for casual Fridays. At most places I've worked there are "guidelines" (no hoodies, branded clothing, shorts or sleeveless tops, no holey clothes; "if you can't buy it at Country Road then re-think your choice...") ... but I'm doing some work for a business at the moment where it seems to extend to 'no hygiene' Fridays and it's just gross. It's as if they're all competition with each other to see who can look the worst kempt.

Can't stand the jeans and sneakers - "sneans" look, or the Melanie Griffith "Working Girl" look of sneakers/running shoes with formal work wear.
Sorry, I just have to say it, I think your employer is doing the fake kindness thing, they want to advertise Casual Friday as a perk but they also have a guidelines as to what can be worn and what not. Hygiene is of course important though.

Reactions: 6
Paloma Wool trousers. They're pretty popular but so so ugly and probably can only be pulled off by 0.1% of the population.
c8ac5079ffaee4fb11a340a8ab362cc6.jpg
orinocco_new13341ret_e3b6a900-0000-4fbd-81c0-90098b6a7e37.jpg
PKJ104_366_M_01.jpg

Not a trend as such but men is silly over the top attention seeking suits

View attachment 580316View attachment 580317View attachment 580318
Just remembered that I can't stand Harry's style (ha), he probably thinks that he is a trendsetter and indeed he has influenced many guys into wearing pearl necklaces, but he screams 'try hard'

Reactions: 16
^ Right up there with the 'whisker' pattern jeans that look like they're pulling across the crotch ... I don't know why someone thought this was a good idea?

1621546776761.png

Reactions: 9
I feel like all of a sudden BAM its trendy to dress like you’ve stepped out of 2002. I am not here for low rise anything or stuff that looks like something you’d buy in Bay Trading (remember that shop). I feel like I am now officially old because I’m no longer keeping up with the trends.

Reactions: 19
I hate those really baggy trousers for women that end at the ankle, they are just so unflattering and only really fit (Still in an unflattering way) on skinny people

Reactions: 6
according to loose women today crocs are coming into fashion :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Laminated brows. I just don't get it, sorry anyone who has them. Bonus points if they're teamed with Russian lashes. I saw someone with those the other day, and they were so big and heavy she could barely open her eyes o_O

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I’m sure we will look back on long dresses and trainers and think — what the duck were we thinking in 2021?
I wore a floaty skirt with trainers one day when I was away on a school trip and my friend turned around to me and went "what are you wearing? Don't you have any fashion sense at all?" Just turns out I was ahead of the curve!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
according to loose women today crocs are coming into fashion :sick:
I bought Crocs the other week just for in the garden etc and they are the comfiest things I’ve ever had on my feet 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.