Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Boyfriend shirts." My boyfriend has his own wardrobe, I have mine; and never the twain shall meet

Cheap-looking gingham

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Brands with bland clothing e.g Diesel and their zip up hoodies with the logo across the chest. I see them on frumpy posh ladies who think they're stylish because they're expensive or chavs who wear them for the same reason.

Birkenstocks / Crocs / Uggs I've never seen anyone pull that "effortlessly comfortable" look off

Those awful knits that crop at the boobs that come sewn over a skin tight vest. Zara had them late last year and loads of influencers tried to make them a thing.

People who don't need glasses ordering those large clear frames from ASOS and the likes😂

Slogan tshirts. Band tees are fine. I mean those ones with a cringey saying like Live.Laugh.Love or Mama-Bear

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Comedy eyebrows ala Groucho marks with a sharpie, hipster beards, in fact beards full stop, trout pout

Reactions: 13
Having just spent hundreds of pounds on physio for a major ankle injury exacerbated by wearing 'stylish' shoes you can pry my orthopaedic birkenstocks from my cold dead hands :ROFLMAO: so good for your feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
These square toe kitten heel mule monstrosities that seem to be everywhere right now. Also, the y2k trend :sick: it just looks sloppy and childish!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
These square toe kitten heel mule monstrosities that seem to be everywhere right now. Also, the y2k trend :sick: it just looks sloppy and childish!
y2k trend? Is that fashion from the 00s? I absolutely detest 90s and 00s fashion. 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Eyelash extensions . I think they look strange and make everyone look like clones, they take away uniqueness of the natural beauty of their face.

Those milkmaid style tops with puffy sleeves, especially if the material is poor quality. I think they are unflattering on most people, even the models in the photos.

Reactions: 16
People who wear Che Guevara or CCCP clothing, but couldn't tell you the first thing about either of them.

Playboy bunny clothing/accessories.

Clothing with the number 69 on it. So cheeky 🙄🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Me reading the last page of this thread with me eyelash extensions on, buzzing for warmer weather so I can get my birkenstocks out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I don't think birkenstocks look nice, they make the feet look so flat and wide, but they look comfortable so I can see why people wear them!

Reactions: 2
Me reading the last page of this thread with me eyelash extensions on, buzzing for warmer weather so I can get my birkenstocks out

My Birkenstocks is already out, loving it! I have a pair of Teva too, hate it

Reactions: 6
Micro bags. Yes, they can look pretty, but if a bag is too small to even fit a single debit card then I can't get over how impractical it is.

Reactions: 16
I wish people would make a bit of an effort for casual Fridays. At most places I've worked there are "guidelines" (no hoodies, branded clothing, shorts or sleeveless tops, no holey clothes; "if you can't buy it at Country Road then re-think your choice...") ... but I'm doing some work for a business at the moment where it seems to extend to 'no hygiene' Fridays and it's just gross. It's as if they're all competition with each other to see who can look the worst kempt.

Can't stand the jeans and sneakers - "sneans" look, or the Melanie Griffith "Working Girl" look of sneakers/running shoes with formal work wear.

Reactions: 6
I wish people would make a bit of an effort for casual Fridays. At most places I've worked there are "guidelines" (no hoodies, branded clothing, shorts or sleeveless tops, no holey clothes; "if you can't buy it at Country Road then re-think your choice...") ... but I'm doing some work for a business at the moment where it seems to extend to 'no hygiene' Fridays and it's just gross. It's as if they're all competition with each other to see who can look the worst kempt.

Can't stand the jeans and sneakers - "sneans" look, or the Melanie Griffith "Working Girl" look of sneakers/running shoes with formal work wear.
Hygiene is one thing and that's gross - but the rest of the post I have to disagree with.

Casual Fridays is just that. Casual. I work for an employer whereby we are asked to be ourselves in terms of dress at work, as long as it isn't dirty or offensive we can wear what we like - including hats, sandals, hoodies, jeans and trainers. They are casual for a reason.

I couldn't think of anything worse than having to consistently wear business dress to appease people when I can dress and be myself both in and outside of work. Just because you're wearing jeans and trainers, it doesn't have to look unkempt, it's easy to look smart casual in that sort of thing.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.