Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adults who adopt teenage trends.
Trinny and Susannah are not the authorities they'd like to think they are (remember they infamously advised wearing pigtails, a dress over jeans, and a bag with a cat on it to a job interview?) But I recall they once said that dressing like a teenager when you're an adult just makes it look like you don't know who you are, that's very true

Conversely, I hate the idea that women over 30 or 40 need to "cover up" and dress a certain way. Not too long ago I read an article about "appropriate" dressing after age 30 which advocated wearing hideous clothes (prairie dresses, ankle-length skirts) "unless you have a figure like Kim Kardashian." Piss off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Im not keen on ripped jeans in general. I think it looks tacky. Instantly cheapens an outfit and often makes the wearer look shorter and wider.

Reactions: 6
These:

The G-string is attached!:sick::sick::sick:

Loads of girls seem to love those Balenciaga trainers or the massive chunky fila ones... They're disgusting!
I feel so attacked rn. Haha. I can see why people don't like them though.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Its horrible the trend towards circumcising baby boys in the US. And they give such nonsense reasons for it too - like hygiene. Just teach your sons to wash instead!
It's shocking that until 1980s female circumcision was covered by health insurance in US. It's not just male, but also female genital mutilation that is being perpetuated.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Weird how things kids would get teased for back in the day such as freckles, red hair, full eyebrows are suddenly all the rage. Glasses were another one. I remember around the Ramone Tshirt fad, people were walking around with glasses with the lenses punched out.
the fake emo girls who backcombed and side swept their fringe into Lego hair do today.
You might be able to tell from my handle, but I was bullied for having big lips. Now all the witches who bullied me are getting their lip injections to get bigger lips ha :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You might be able to tell from my handle, but I was bullied for having big lips. Now all the witches who bullied me are getting their lip injections to get bigger lips ha :ROFLMAO:
Haha I absolutely love this! 😍 Lips were another thing I was teased for having (especially in my teens rancid sexual remarks about them). I had to put it out there mine didn't deflate in lockdown. 😃

Reactions: 7
Same! 'Blowjob lips' and 'fish lips' were two i used to get. Now people asked me if ive had them done. Nope all natural baby 😏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Same! 'Blowjob lips' and 'fish lips' were two i used to get. Now people asked me if ive had them done. Nope all natural baby 😏
Same here! Used to get called both of those.

I don’t feel comfortable wearing bold lip colours as just feel like everyone will be looking at me thinking I’m trying to exaggerate that I’ve had them done 🤦‍♀️😂

Reactions: 5
I was just coming to say this! Loathe that late 80s/90s super high bikini bottoms look that’s been popular again for a while now, even more so when they pull them up and look like they’re deliberately trying to give themselves a wedgie.

I sound like an old moany granny but I hate a lot of trends. Anything cropped, cold shoulder styles (ugh), anything you can’t wear a bra with (this is just personal beef since plenty of us have to wear a bra or risk getting a black eye from our own tits, or getting them stuck in our waistband), huge chunky trainers, unfinished or holey/laddered items, those horrible tiny sunglasses.
God, yes yes yes, anything you can't wear a bra with!! 🤣

Also I hate those clear plastic straps you can attach to your bra that's meant to stop them showing but looks like you've got Sellotape on your shoulders instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a few trends from the past (some of these I used to adore):

Paul's Boutique bags
Patterned or coloured tights
Feather accessories (earrings in particular)
Leg warmers
Low rise jeans
Leggings with a denim skirt
Peplum tops/dresses
Pussycat bow blouses
Wearing a t-shirt over a long sleeved top
Denim hot pants
Juicy Couture tracksuits
Anything playboy bunny
Clear plastic shoes
Wedge sneakers
Wearing mismatched socks
Capri pants
Gladiator sandals
Logo T-shirts
Those embellished geometric statement earrings everyone wore in 2019
Shutter shades (whyyy??)
Sequin bolero jackets

Trends that I am hating right now are arm warmers and tops/dresses with organza sleeves. I love chunky trainers but I don't like Fila shoes and the brand in general. I also don't like anything by Balenciaga.

I did enjoy wearing bicycle shorts, however, in the summer when it was hot haha.

Reactions: 7
I worked with a witch in the '90s ( and yes, that's the best title she deserves ) whose wearing of them was more than enough to turn me off them for life.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.