Family Fizz #8 another day, another nation. Kids still get no education

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sad to see how materialistic this family have become and how obsessed with brands they are. Sienna is 10 years old and gets so excited when Gucci is mentioned. Sienna is a sweet kid but there’s a high chance she’s going to end up like Mia in regards to being materialistic but I really hope Sienna stays the way she is. Mia literally looks down on any brand that isn’t designer and she comes across very spoiled. There’s been times shes been given gifts and I can tell they aren’t good enough for her or expensive enough and her thank you comes across very forced. Georgie has completely changed from how she was a few years ago cause now she’s spending ridiculous amounts of money on things she doesn’t even need but is greedy. All the money they now have has gone to their heads and Karma is becoming obsessed with shopping and spending lots of money too. Those kids aren’t going to know the value of money or how to appreciate anything. Those kids expect presents and gifts all the time.
I know they can spend their money on whatever they want and cause they didn’t grow up rich they now want to give their kids what they didn’t have which I understand but they’ve made those kids so looks obsessed and materialistic it’s not nice to see.

Reactions: 23
I don't want to armchair diagnose anyone but the last video made me think that Georgie has a lot of signs of a narcissistic parent - neglecting her kids emotional needs as well as undermining her children's wants/wishes, demanding total obedience and controlling every aspect of her children's lives, putting her own needs above that of their children, showing jealousy towards her children (especially their youth/appearance), switching between loving and being verbally abusive (especially to poor Sienna) , obsessed with her public image, constantly turns every conversation back to be about themselves. She also plays favourites a lot with her kids; Sienna is definitely the scapegoat of that family with King Koa being the golden child.

There is something off about the whole family but it's becoming increasingly clear that there is something especially wrong with Georgie. There is no way you can be completely sane and think that yelling at your children for no reason, making them think they've hurt you when you've just had surgery is okay as long as you give them £100 each at the end of it - it's not like £100 will cover all the therapy Sienna needs as a adult to work through having to make videos like that.

We know Sienna missed out on spending time with Jojo to film that awful, awful video - I wonder what they told Family Freedom as they seemed to be watching "the babies" whilst Georgie berated her other kids for no reason.

Reactions: 27
I genuinely think Georgie is trying to feel young again. I’m not sure if that’s because she had mia at the age mia is now? And she’s seeing her daughter do things she didn’t really do at her age and now wants to re live it. Or if it’s something else. In the past she was always a little full on but it’s gotten so much worse recently

Reactions: 16
I genuinely think Georgie is trying to feel young again. I’m not sure if that’s because she had mia at the age mia is now? And she’s seeing her daughter do things she didn’t really do at her age and now wants to re live it. Or if it’s something else. In the past she was always a little full on but it’s gotten so much worse recently
Sooo many people live vicariously through their kids. I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: 6
I agree I think because Mia is now at the age that Georgie was with a newborn baby , something has been triggered in Georgie to make her start behaving the way she is. I think she’s not only jealous of Mia getting to experience teenage things she didn’t get to experience but also the closer Mia gets to being an adult the less control Georgie will have over her. Georgie has started dressing like a teenager at times and these Tiktoks she’s making with Mia acting like they’re best friends the same age or sisters is very cringe to watch. Darren seems happy enough being the age he is , being a husband and being a dad whereas with Georgie you can tell something is off about her she isn’t fully happy. She tries too hard to act like she’s so happy to be a mum of four kids but it’s clear at times she wishes she didn’t have to be responsible being a mum and could be a teenager with freedom. I wouldn’t wish for anyone to be unhappy but the thing is that there’s no changing Georgie’s situation because at the end of the day she is a mum and she has kids to take care of and she has to accept that. I’m not saying she can’t have days where she feels stressed or unhappy cause we all have days like that but she needs to grow up a bit cause it’s not fair on her kids to have a mum who acts so immature and embarrassing just because she wants to be a teenager again.

Reactions: 15
Its sad as well that she knows what it was like to be isolated as a teenager and shes caused the same for mia rather than wanting different for her. She really is just bitter and jealous

Reactions: 20
I don’t think Georgie has much natural maternal instinct. I’m not saying she doesn’t love her children but she seems very cold and detached from Mia and Sienna especially. She treats Mia like she’s just a friend and is always trying to get her approval. She used to seem a lot more normal but the last few years I really feel like there’s something going on with her

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Georgie has much natural maternal instinct. I’m not saying she doesn’t love her children but she seems very cold and detached from Mia and Sienna especially. She treats Mia like she’s just a friend and is always trying to get her approval. She used to seem a lot more normal but the last few years I really feel like there’s something going on with her

Like when she had karma she was always talking about natural parenting and being a parent etc and now I don’t think we see her much with the youngest two. I think once they’re not tiny babies anymore she doesn’t know what to do with them

Reactions: 10
It seems like Mia and Darren does all the work and all Georgie does is go on walks with them and say “ awwwww “ which all their awwwws to the small ones are always so annoying

Reactions: 8
It seems like Mia and Darren does all the work and all Georgie does is go on walks with them and say “ awwwww “ which all their awwwws to the small ones are always so annoying
I cant stand any of their "awwwwws" to or about the youngest 2. Does my head in

Reactions: 8
This is kind of random but I’m currently planning some RE lessons on Hinduism and am working on a lesson about Karma. I couldn’t help but think how odd it is that G&D decided to name their child after this. I understand the idea that if you do good, good will come back to you, but most of the time Karma is used to explain why bad things happen, especially when it’s used by westerners who haven’t properly researched its real meaning. I feel like them naming their child this name is just them being another white couple giving their child an ‘exotic’ name because it’s cool and they want to be different. Same with Koa which is Hawaiian. I’m not saying people other races can’t name their children these names but usually it’s because they have a proper connection to that name and the concept behind it. It’s not like they ever take the time to educate themselves on local cultures etc, when they’re travelling. It would’ve made more sense if they’d given them Spanish names considering they lived in Gran Canaria for a while. It just seems weird that they only gave the youngest two these super spiritual an unique names, almost as if they’re just trying to stand out from all the other YouTuber families.
Also, I haven’t really kept up with their content but agree with what people are saying about Georgie being jealous of Mia and wanting to be younger. I keep seeing their TikToks and it weird how many of them are just Georgie and Mia doing trends that are mostly for teens/young adults. The twerking mum thing is also so annoying and embarrassing. I know people shouldn’t be shamed for being themselves but when it involves publicly embarrassing your children I don’t think it’s ok.

Reactions: 14
Sad that they think Sienna at like 9 or 10 years old (?) would not be interested in doing an Easter egg hunt herself and instead just doing one for the littles? I guarantee when Sienna was 3 and Mia was 10, Mia was still doing egg hunts.

Reactions: 16
Sad that they think Sienna at like 9 or 10 years old (?) would not be interested in doing an Easter egg hunt herself and instead just doing one for the littles? I guarantee when Sienna was 3 and Mia was 10, Mia was still doing egg hunts.
Think you’re being dramatic she was very obviously just helping her younger siblings because shes a kind person she wasnt being forced to do the hunt with them

Reactions: 6
I feel like they Georgie should have hidden some of the eggs in harder places for Sienna. Easter egg hunts can be fun at any age but the older you are the harder the hiding places need to be for it to be fun. They were all just obviously all over the grass which is fine for toddlers but maybe hide them behind things or in other less obvious places (up trees, in flowerbeds) to make it fun for the older child.

Reactions: 10
Think you’re being dramatic she was very obviously just helping her younger siblings because shes a kind person she wasnt being forced to do the hunt with them
Never once said she was forced, and that wasn't what I was insinuating. I think they try to group her with Mia and think that she wouldn't want to do it, but forget that she's only 9 or 10 (I honestly can't remember). Mia is probably so over all this random family junk because she's trying to be somewhat more independent (I assume), but that doesn't mean Sienna isn't still young. I think she liked doing it for the littles but also would have liked doing a hunt of her own, I just doubt she was given that option.

Reactions: 11
I agree, Sienna seems on the younger side for her age (not at all a slight, just meaning that all kids are different and some kids of her age would already be past that) and I think would really have had fun doing a hunt if they'd tried to make some of it more for her. She still had fun with Karma and Koa but she'd probably have been so pleased with some surprise extra stuff just for her.

I agree, Sienna seems on the younger side for her age (not at all a slight, just meaning that all kids are different and some kids of her age would already be past that) and I think would really have had fun doing a hunt if they'd tried to make some of it more for her.
I think it's hard because whilst she does seem on the younger side for her age sometimes there are other times when it is very obvious she is trying to be like Mia. I'm not sure if she fully know how she should be behaving at her age because she has such little interactions with children her own age. A lot of the time she just looks either lost of is looking to Mia or Georgie for guidance. Sienna seems to enjoy arts and crafts and reading and cookery but they are all-ages hobbies it's not often you see her act her own age (playing and being silly) which is why the Family Freedom videos are so refreshing. In the Gran Canaria videos Mia didn't have anything except her clothes and laptop in her suitcase, no toys of any kind when a most kids still have a least one or two special stuffed animals and nothing else that seemed special or sentimental. I'm not sure Georgie and Darren understand Middle Childhood (6-12 years old) or encourage Sienna is typical activities for that age - perhaps because it's when children start to develop some level of independence. Sienna said that Georgie gave Buddy to charity shop without asking her first so it's possible that all her things like that were given away since she was "too old" for them.

She’s a 10 year old little girl meaning she needs her mum and dads attention she’s still a child but for some reason Georgie and Darren don’t understand that. It’s obvious she still wants to play with toys and even JoJo knows that cause he’s always gifting her teddy bears cause he knows she loves them. Sienna dresses like she’s a teenager sometimes very similar to how Mia dresses with the crop tops so I think Sienna doesn’t know how to act her age cause the only person she’s had to hang out with is her sister who’s 7 years older than her so she wants to impress her big sister all the time cause Mia can be very judgemental. For years on their channel Sienna was the star of the show with almost all the videos being about her. She made them a lot of money as they used her for so much content cause she was the little baby of the family and her personality brought in the views. When they had Karma and Koa Sienna got pushed to the side as the babies took centre stage. In the last few years she’s been in so many videos she works for them she helps bring in the money so if you think about it she pays for the roof over her head , for the food she eats and for the clothes she wears. That should be her parents responsibility but they have their kids making the money for them. They should be treating her much better with much more respect. If it weren’t for those kids , Georgie and Darren wouldn’t be rich. Georgie and Sienna don’t have a strong connection or bond which is sad and it’s obvious Georgie doesn’t have much interest in her as their personalities are so different. I feel sorry for Sienna she’s still a kid and they should be enjoying her at this age before the teenage years hit and that innocence she has is gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
10 years old is still a child. 10 year olds absolutely should be playing with toys and finding joy in little things like Easter egg hunts etc. I think Sienna acts her age, when people say she seems younger I think we’re just so used to children these days acting wayyy older than they are; obsessed with social media, the way they dress etc.

Reactions: 19