Family Fizz #8 another day, another nation. Kids still get no education

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s sad that being a YouTuber has basically been forced on the children.. not so much Mia, I think that was her decision. But Sienna, karma and koa are basically not even being given the option to do anything else in the future or find their own careers because their lack of education won’t allow them to do so.

Reactions: 11
It saddens me they really don’t have a place to call home. Of course traveling around the world is fun and exciting but there’s just times where you wanna have a place and call it home, a familiar place, your comfort place even if it’s a safe place. I think it would be really good if they have that instead of just having rented homes all the times and can never keep their things even if they want the things..
Agreed. Think with young children it’s good to have a base and go off travelling from there knowing you’ve got a safe place to call home whenever you need it or when taking a break / having a baby, somewhere you can keep those items you want to treasure and hold on to but don’t necessarily want to take travelling.
If they had a base in England then Mia can use it when she’s older if she wants to stay in England and work or go off travelling on her own but still has somewhere to return to after her trips too.

Reactions: 10
These kids need 2 main things that we all seem to agree on:

1. A home base where they can travel from but will always have somewhere to call there own and keep belongings they would currently be made to give away. As well as being able to make and maintain friendships.

2. An education! And by this it doesn't necessarily mean your average mainstream school. I'm sure they could find a montessori/forest school/nursery for the youngest 3 or at least properly homeschool them cos there is no evidence they are and in fact seems there is evidence on the contrary.

Georgie & Darren...your kids need stability! And that includes Mia....she may nearly be an adult but her general mindset and way of thinking is very far from that of a 17 year old in most instances.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
What I don't get it how these kids have any normalcy! I mean they get toys from birthdays and Christmas, yet have to leave them behind to travel? And they seem to do a lot of running!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What I don't get it how these kids have any normalcy! I mean they get toys from birthdays and Christmas, yet have to leave them behind to travel? And they seem to do a lot of running!

Sadly, I feel as though their new gifts vanish even before they move. You see them receive so many gifts, but afterwards you don’t often see them again. At least not for long, they appear to get rid of them quickly.

I’m just very confused about how Mia has a provisional? Don’t you have to be living in the UK for at least 6 months?
I think this only applies if you wasn’t BORN in the UK and you have moved from a completely different country. She technically is a british citizen so I can’t see that rule applying to her.

Unfortunate really, she seems very confident about passing first time. It’s still quite hard to get tests and she will need to do her theory first & even find an instructor!! Cant see her passing any time soon.

Reactions: 7
I think this only applies if you wasn’t BORN in the UK and you have moved from a completely different country. She technically is a british citizen so I can’t see that rule applying to her.

Unfortunate really, she seems very confident about passing first time. It’s still quite hard to get tests and she will need to do her theory first & even find an instructor!! Cant see her passing any time soon.
Nope. The 6 months applies to EVERYONE applying for a provisional!

But I agree with her seeming slightly too sure she'll pass everything 1st time. Confidence is important for it but she needs to not let herself get cocky. I'm also not sure if she truly believes it herself or if its the fear of letting Darren and Georgie down. But for her to do it legally, it's a long way off anyway 🤷

Personally, a couple of friends and I all passed theory 1st time with 2 taking it at 17 and the rest of us at 18. But I have 2 friends who didn't, one failed twice at 17 then passed at 18, and another who failed her 1st attempt and passed the 2nd.
Not taken my practical yet but from what I've seen on socials and from friends (ages 17-19), about ½ have passed first time, just under ½ passed the second time, and a couple took 3 attempts 🤷

Reactions: 8
Sadly, I feel as though their new gifts vanish even before they move. You see them receive so many gifts, but afterwards you don’t often see them again. At least not for long, they appear to get rid of them quickly.
I agree, just not sure the nomad life is a good life for children. I could be wrong, but the lack of stability, would seem to be harmful. Something also had to have happened for them to leave so quickly, they had paid money out for the property, architects, designers.... but then just picked up and moved? what about the golf carts? and Mia finally seemed to have friends, to just pick up and leave?

Reactions: 13
In the video when they’re saying goodbye to Harriette as she was going home , did anyone else notice how sad Sienna was? you could see her getting teary eyed and she wasn't really speaking cause she probably knew there was a chance her voice would break and she would cry. I know they haven't seen Harriette in a few years so obviously Harriette going back home would be sad cause she will be missed so I understand why it was emotional but I think poor Sienna was probably feeling so sad cause she probably thinks when will I actually see auntie Harriette again? what if we move away again for a few years and we don't get to see her? I feel sorry for all the kids but I really feel sorry for Sienna cause I can see how much the isolated life they live has affected her and I can tell she feels lonely at times. Her siblings get way more attention than her so I think having Harriette there meant a lot to her cause it was clear in the videos and Harriettes instagram stories that she adores Sienna and was making her feel special and noticed for once and now with Harritte gone back home , Sienna probably feels a bit lost again.
Georgie and Darren have become so obessed with living this rich life buying whatever they want and travelling anytime they want and in their minds they think they are living the best life and giving their kids everything but the kids don't have the things in life that are actually important and that money can't buy.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
In the video when they’re saying goodbye to Harriette as she was going home , did anyone else notice how sad Sienna was? you could see her getting teary eyed and she wasn't really speaking cause she probably knew there was a chance her voice would break and she would cry. I know they haven't seen Harriette in a few years so obviously Harriette going back home would be sad cause she will be missed so I understand why it was emotional but I think poor Sienna was probably feeling so sad cause she probably thinks when will I actually see auntie Harriette again? what if we move away again for a few years and we don't get to see her? I feel sorry for all the kids but I really feel sorry for Sienna cause I can see how much the isolated life they live has affected her and I can tell she feels lonely at times. Her siblings get way more attention than her so I think having Harriette there meant a lot to her cause it was clear in the videos and Harriettes instagram stories that she adores Sienna and was making her feel special and noticed for once and now with Harritte gone back home , Sienna probably feels a bit lost again.
Georgie and Darren have become so obessed with living this rich life buying whatever they want and travelling anytime they want and in their minds they think they are living the best life and giving their kids everything but the kids don't have the things in life that are actually important and that money can't buy.

with Sienna, I think her being an empath makes her more emotional. I myself am an empath, I get emotional easy just like Sienna. There have been many times in the past where she cried, and was overall very emotional, when no one else was crying, etc. I even recall way back in Gran Canaria, Georgie saying Sienna became emotional over the music that someone was playing.

Reactions: 9
I feel like the main problem with their nomadic lifestyle is that they don't have any long term plan. If they enrolled them in an online school with other children including other nomadic children then they would have friends they could relate to and who wouldn't care so much that they are constantly moving. Also if they want to keep moving then they could easily have a small storage unit in the UK and plan to come back for a month or so every year to see UK based family and friends. They could then keep anything sentimental in the storage unit so each kid would get to keep some things in a memory box and they could keep things like the pram and all the cold weather clothing so it's ready to go.

Properly homeschooling kids takes a lot of work and honestly I don't think G&D are educated, intelligent or driven enough to do it properly. They also talk about the kids doing activities but never really follow through. Sienna only seemed to get 1 surf lesson. It feels like for the most part they only spend money on their kids doing stuff like that if they can make money by using it as video content.

Every move they make seems impulsive and unsettling, it's not they're say "we're going to live here for say 6 months and then move to the next country", the kids probably think that any moment they could be either months or a week away from another move. They could have a long term travel plan or goals but right now their plan is just avoiding vaccinations and masks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Random question of FF: does anyone remember way back in the Gran Canaria days when Georgie was talking about some type of ebook or physical cookbook? Then again in Mexico they mentioned something about a cookbook as well. Yet, we have never seen one from them. What do people think happened? Honestly, I am uncertain. On one hand I feel as though it was more talk then anything. On the other, I think they may have actually intended to make one. Especially in Gran Canaria, but then they up & left.

Reactions: 4
I feel like the main problem with their nomadic lifestyle is that they don't have any long term plan. If they enrolled them in an online school with other children including other nomadic children then they would have friends they could relate to and who wouldn't care so much that they are constantly moving. Also if they want to keep moving then they could easily have a small storage unit in the UK and plan to come back for a month or so every year to see UK based family and friends. They could then keep anything sentimental in the storage unit so each kid would get to keep some things in a memory box and they could keep things like the pram and all the cold weather clothing so it's ready to go.

Properly homeschooling kids takes a lot of work and honestly I don't think G&D are educated, intelligent or driven enough to do it properly. They also talk about the kids doing activities but never really follow through. Sienna only seemed to get 1 surf lesson. It feels like for the most part they only spend money on their kids doing stuff like that if they can make money by using it as video content.

Every move they make seems impulsive and unsettling, it's not they're say "we're going to live here for say 6 months and then move to the next country", the kids probably think that any moment they could be either months or a week away from another move. They could have a long term travel plan or goals but right now their plan is just avoiding vaccinations and masks.
I agree especially about the extracurricular activities, it makes me sad that D & G don't take their children's hobbies and passions seriously. Apart from Mia's Spanish lessons which she seems to have had a tutor for a long time now. Sienna did a few gymnastics lessons here and there, a surf lesson or 2 but nothing regular which is a shame because she is at that age where she is trying to find out what her hobbies and passions are

I agree especially about the extracurricular activities, it makes me sad that D & G don't take their children's hobbies and passions seriously. Apart from Mia's Spanish lessons which she seems to have had a tutor for a long time now. Sienna did a few gymnastics lessons here and there, a surf lesson or 2 but nothing regular which is a shame because she is at that age where she is trying to find out what her hobbies and passions are

Sienna was so excited about surfing, they had the perfect opportunity to give her lessons.

Reactions: 7
i cant believe Sienna is 11 this year - her writing it more like a year 3 child!!

I have only seen her writing a few times, I personally don’t think it’s that bad. I know a lot of adults who have awful handwriting. I also feel as though in this day and age where everything is done online, in general peoples handwriting/spelling is suffering. One of my older siblings has poor handwriting 🤷🏻‍♀️ Some people just have bad handwriting.

Reactions: 2
I have only seen her writing a few times, I personally don’t think it’s that bad. I know a lot of adults who have awful handwriting. I also feel as though in this day and age where everything is done online, in general peoples handwriting/spelling is suffering. One of my older siblings has poor handwriting 🤷🏻‍♀️ Some people just have bad handwriting.
I get that because my writing isnt immaculate - but I think its clear that georgie and darren's home education isnt up to much!! by 11 she should be doing all sorts of topics and maths and science. instead they do what? float around their house all day making odd videos. look at Mia, there's no way her work would be up to the standard of a 16/17 year old.

Reactions: 17
They lived in CR for months without enrolling the children in school, despite homeschooling being against the law.
Every child should have the right to basic education, whether it's in a school or at home. They don't do either.
I'm sure your parent/teacher followed a curriculum to cover the basics, no?

Sienna seems to be a little social butterfly who was always excited and happy to go to school to learn and make friends, this has been taken away from here so D&G can do whatever they please.
I think we can all agree that basic education is important and that at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether you learn those in a traditional school setting or being homeschooled or online schooled etc.
It's not only correct spelling she is missing out on, but much more. Children can pick up another language very easily, did you hear Sienna ever speak any Spanish at all? How can you live in another country and not learn the language by just living there?
What if youtube dries out one day? What will Sienna do? Become an influencer who will get bashed for their poor spelling?
What if she doesn't want to be an influencer or it just doesn't work out?

I guess all this ties in with them being MiNimALiSt..ah no wait they were actually just poor.. homeschooling my butt.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How come anytime any of us point out the truth on here and state facts, the person behind the account homesteader86 gets super defensive and says the complete opposite? It’s very weird. I don’t know if they’re a secret family fizz super fan , if they’re Darren or Georgie or if they have too much time on their hands but either way it’s so strange. Sienna doesn’t have good handwriting not because she naturally has bad handwitting but because she doesn’t know how to write because she hasn’t been properly taught. Only a couple months ago she asked Mia how to write a letter I think it was H and she also needed help spelling the most basic words that a 5 year old could spell. Sienna was a naturally bright little kid too she loved school and learned things quickly so to see the level she’s now at is really sad. Sienna writes how a little kid writes when they’re only learning. I hope that by reading and as time goes by she is given more time to be taught how to write better or she naturally teaches herself how to. It’s fine to have messy writing that’s a common thing many people have but there’s a big difference in Siennas writing compared to messy writing. It’s not her fault though it just shows what a lack of education can do. I’m sure in time her writing will improve cause she’s a smart kid but I wish her parents would provide her with the education she deserves.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I am not G or D, nor am I a secret Fizz Fam fan. I enjoyed them early in their Youtube years, then stopped watching them for a while. I only started watching them again in 20’ after they couldn’t go back to Dubai. However, I haven’t watched them since their video on why they “had to leave CR”. I don’t feel as though they were being honest to their fans nor fair to their children. Also, who knows what really happened with rumours regarding Mia. @Lufia, no my family didn’t follow any specific curriculum when I was homeschooling. My idea of homeschooling/unschooling is very different, and I will leave it there. I did finish schooling, but my schooling was very different compared to what people here feel school should be for children. We did meet up at times with other children in the area, but all the families had a different method of schooling. The reason why I get defensive is because I view education and many other things very differently compared to most people here. Do I agree with everything FF does? No, of course not. There are many things that bother me about them and the choices they make. However, there are many things I do agree with. One of them is moving away from being dependent on the system everyone lives under, and working to become more self sufficient and less dependent on the system.

Reactions: 3