F1 chatter #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it 67 here in the UK? I don’t agree with violent protests, burning stuff etc (we’ve had enough here Northern Ireland) but with the cost of living going up & up it’s about time people took a stand with peaceful protests. I mean half the country seem to be on strikes.
It’s likely to be 68 depending on when you retire. I agree about peaceful strikes.
In France tho I would be pretty pissed off if I was gonna retire soon say next year only to be told damn halo, you have to work a few more years because the law has now changed.

Reactions: 5
Funfact: the only group eligible for early pension here in Norway are conductors of trains, because of the hard work and shoveling of coal*
*we haven't used coal for decades in our trains 😂
You’re making it really difficult for me not to make an Alonso joke here.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why are they protesting? Glad you’re not near it
I put it in a spoiler so people can scroll past it if they want 😉

So i will try to keep it simple (because i don't even understand everything myself). But basically the president wants people to work until they are 64 years old before retiring (currently it's 62). And it doesn't really take into account at what age they started to work. Meaning that some will have to work longer than other to have their pension. And if you want to retire earlier than this then your pension will be reduced. So this is what started the strikes.
But it is something that happened yesterday that turns the situation into chaos.
Normally when the president and his prime minister want to pass a new law, it has to be discussed by the deputies in the assembly and they can propose modifications to the text if they want before actually voting in favor or against the new law. And yesterday, they shoud have voted it. But the prime minister realized that there won't be enough deputies in favor of the law and it will be rejected, so she used an article of the Constitution which allows her to just skip the vote in the assembly. And the thing is that this is not the first time President Macron and his différent prime ministers used it. Every time he want to pass a controversial new law he does this, and imo (and in a lot of people view) it is really not democratical.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

So i will try to keep it simple (because i don't even understand everything myself). But basically the president wants people to work until they are 64 years old before retiring (currently it's 62). And it doesn't really take into account at what age they started to work. Meaning that some will have to work longer than other to have their pension. And if you want to retire earlier than this then your pension will be reduced. So this is what started the strikes.
But it is something that happened yesterday that turns the situation into chaos.
Normally when the president and his prime minister want to pass a new law, it has to be discussed by the deputies in the assembly and they can propose modifications to the text if they want before actually voting in favor or against the new law. And yesterday, they shoud have voted it. But the prime minister realized that there won't be enough deputies in favor of the law and it will be rejected, so she used an article of the Constitution which allows her to just skip the vote in the assembly. And the thing is that this is not the first time President Macron and his différent prime ministers used it. Every time he want to pass a controversial new law he does this, and imo (and in a lot of people view) it is really not democratical.
This is so damn depressing, it’s like the world is regressing. Every single government just seems to be coming up with ways to bring in laws nobody wants. What happened to democracy 😡

• Sad

thanks for an explanation BlaBla!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
oh my, this is actually scary. I know too little about the whole case to express an opinion, but damn, scary.

this week I talked to a friend that told me she's going to Paris with her family for couple of days, assuming it's a good time because there would be not as many tourists as in summer, I think she'll need to think this through now...
I don't know when she is supposed to come but if it is in the next 2 weeks i would advise her to cancel it. More than just the violence, her expérience will be ruined i think. There are trash everywhere (and the rats that come with it, and no there are not as cute as in ratatouille) because the workers are also on strike. Metro/bus/trains are also a bit of a nightmare.

• Sad
You’re making it really difficult for me not to make an Alonso joke here.
Oh please, amuse me with an Alonso joke 😂

I totally get why you all are rioting for it, I mean, democracy is what keeps our countries going and strong. I support them all for fighting for their rights to a vote. I'm just not applauding the way it's done.

And I'm also happy you're nowhere neat it. Bla❤
I guess the reason why I don't get why they are protesting like this is because I'm not used to it 😅

• Heart
Oh please, amuse me with an Alonso joke 😂

I totally get why you all are rioting for it, I mean, democracy is what keeps our countries going and strong. I support them all for fighting for their rights to a vote. I'm just not applauding the way it's done.

And I'm also happy you're nowhere neat it. Bla❤
I guess the reason why I don't get why they are protesting like this is because I'm not used to it 😅
That’s because you’re lucky enough to live in a wonderful country. Take me. Now. Please. I insist 😠

• Heart
I don't know when she is supposed to come but if it is in the next 2 weeks i would advise her to cancel it. More than just the violence, her expérience will be ruined i think. There are trash everywhere (and the rats that come with it, and no there are not as cute as in ratatouille) because the workers are also on strike. Metro/bus/trains are also a bit of a nightmare.
Thanks so much Bla. I hope you haven’t got friends and family in Paris? It looks so scary and stay safe. ❤

• Heart
That’s because you’re lucky enough to live in a wonderful country. Take me. Now. Please. I insist 😠
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over my northern lights lighting up my driveway😂
20230315_003218.jpg

I also meant what I said, there's always a room for you🥰😂

All I'm saying is: oil money makes us having the best country ever, so we're not that good 😂 I'd move to Iceland if I had the opportunity 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I get that it's upsetting when it's been a certain way for so long, but really, 62 to 64 isn't that bad is it?
Unless I become filthy rich, I'll be working until I'm 67, and that's how it's been for many years here. I've been prepared from an early age that as long as my health is there and I'm able, I'll be working until I'm closer to 70 and maybe even more than that.
Well i don't know how it works in Norway but this is not only about the age. But here each month there is a bit of your salary that goes into the retirement pension system (which will pay your pension when you will retire) and you have to pay this for at least 43 years to have a full pension. For example, i started working at 25 so i will only be allowed to retire at 68. If i want to retire earlier i won't have my full pension every month. And if the law was just about that i would be fine with it because i started working later so i retire later, it's logic. But if you take someone who started working at 18 will have to leave at 64 meaning you will have to work 46 years instead of 43 with very little benefits because your pension won't be much higher.
---
Thanks so much Bla. I hope you haven’t got friends and family in Paris? It looks so scary and stay safe. ❤
No we are all in the middle of the cows 😂 or in little towns where things aren't bad at the moment ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
pierre needs to come and collect his man tbh (lando can obviously come too)

View attachment 2036565
---

the “i was also there” could mean ANYTHING! tell the whole truth charles!!!!

stephen, get working 🤣😉
I've just hit 20000 words on the first book.

The carnage of slagging with all the F1 drivers will be written as a book when I have finished writing my F1 based love story.

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over my northern lights lighting up my driveway😂View attachment 2036651
I also meant what I said, there's always a room for you🥰😂

All I'm saying is: oil money makes us having the best country ever, so we're not that good 😂 I'd move to Iceland if I had the opportunity 😂
That’s beautiful!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
On a lighter note before going to bed have Alex thinking George should start an Onlyfans 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On a lighter note before going to bed have Alex thinking George should start an Onlyfans 😂😂

Oh my god, they are coming for me!

But Alex, keep pushing this idea with George. It is your best idea since she blonde hair.
---
oh, Alex, innocent Alex and an OnlyFans idea?
Boy, the most silent ones are the most surprising aren't they? 😂
Alex would have a kinky as duck OnlyFans as well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Well i don't know how it works in Norway but this is not only about the age. But here each month there is a bit of your salary that goes into the retirement pension system (which will pay your pension when you will retire) and you have to pay this for at least 43 years to have a full pension. For example, i started working at 25 so i will only be allowed to retire at 68. If i want to retire earlier i won't have my full pension every month. And if the law was just about that i would be fine with it because i started working later so i retire later, it's logic. But if you take someone who started working at 18 will have to leave at 64 meaning you will have to work 46 years instead of 43 with very little benefits because your pension won't be much higher.
Our system is basically what you described, if i remember correct it's about 2.5% of my monthly salary going to the pensions fund, hence why they're also trying to get us to save for our pension ourself, because 25NOK a month (€2.5) isn't much. And when we retire some of us will be low income pensioners, meaning its about €1800/2000 (as of now) we get from the State to live on.

We just don't have the age limit, if someone wants to keep working and can work they'll usually be allowed to do so. We did have something called early-pension but it has been phased out, my aunt (now 66) was of the latest people to be able to get it, but she opted out to be able to work up more and get more out each month when she decided to quit working.

Pension is tricky, and there's probably no right way, and I'm not defending the French government in any way, I know I live in a country where the welfare is higher than most other European countries, and even our systems has flaws, most of our unions suck (and that's why I'm not a member of any of them, really, even if I get some benefits from it 😅) and I'm just not used to the way of protesting that we saw in the posts, that's all, and as I said: I fully support you all in the right for a democratic process, that's what all of our countries are built upon (thank you for the French revolotion btw, it helped us get out own Constitution❤).

• Heart
That’s beautiful!!
This was my view the other night, taken two meteres away from my house and towards the road 😂 it was so strong it was visible all the way to Scotland 😅

And because I ended up talking politics, here are some pics as a redemtion:
Screenshot_20230110-113530_Instagram.jpg
1654005502943.png
40465d36f70069ae18695b26e53f42d6.jpg
e417e38f43b86c739545589d2e499d8d.jpg
c469b7576d0004c20ae6653fc32cf564.jpg
53fa5860aa7899863105a981189a0f15.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
This was my view the other night, taken two meteres away from my house and towards the road 😂 it was so strong it was visible all the way to Scotland 😅

And because I ended up talking politics, here are some pics as a redemtion:
View attachment 2036737View attachment 2036740View attachment 2036742View attachment 2036743View attachment 2036744View attachment 2036746
The northern lights have been visible on our North coast quite a few times over the last few weeks. It’s only 20-30 mins from me but it’s too late for me and I’m always in bed 😅.

Where Is Mr Carlos hot chilli pepper Sainz in this photo montage?? 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.