Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i got really bad side effects, almost uti like symptoms & a sore jaw from grinding my teeth but it settled and they ended up being really helpful for me (ocd), i ended up coming off accidentally & have seen a massive improvement ever since like i can actually function. think my max dose was 150mg x

Reactions: 2
Stupid question:
Has anyone tried starting with half a dose before going up? I've been given 50g for a month but the side effects really frighten me. I was thinking could I half the tablet and start with that?

Stupid question:
Has anyone tried starting with half a dose before going up? I've been given 50g for a month but the side effects really frighten me. I was thinking could I half the tablet and start with that?
In my experience I got side effects when I started on 50mg and when I increased to 100mg so I don’t know if there would be a huge difference from starting with half or just doing the 50mg.

Sertraline has completely changed my life. I had crippling OCD before and it essentially cured me. Recently I’ve started small habits coming back but I’m working on getting rid of those!

• Heart
Stupid question:
My dr actually told me to half my dose of 50mg for a week at first. So you’ll be fine x

• Heart
Stupid question:
I started on 25mg for two weeks before upping to 50mg. That was at my doctors advice. Perhaps it depends how severe they deem you?

Reactions: 1
The doctor just said take one daily and the packet says the same thing
My packet says the same, but dr advised to start on 25mg. If that’s what you are most comfortable doing, then give it a go. I didn’t have any increased symptoms when I upped my dose after the 2 weeks so it may be a better way to ease yourself in to it (noting that everyone reacts to it differently)

• Heart
My packet says the same, but dr advised to start on 25mg. If that’s what you are most comfortable doing, then give it a go. I didn’t have any increased symptoms when I upped my dose after the 2 weeks so it may be a better way to ease yourself in to it (noting that everyone reacts to it differently)
thank you. I have asked the doctor for a sick note so I'm hoping that I can take the 2 weeks of medicine and have the side effects without work.

My dr actually told me to half my dose of 50mg for a week at first. So you’ll be fine x
thank you, did you find you still have really bad symptoms or were they okay if you don’t mind me asking ?x
---
can I ask what symptoms you had if you don’t mind?

Also if someone could tell me how soon the symptoms start that’d be great. I have really bad anxiety especially health anxiety.

what I will say though, headaches, restless, bad sleep, lack of appetite and brain fog i experience now so I suppose it can’t be that much different 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I think it really depends on the person. I felt sick at first (even on 25mg). When i upped the dose I had quite a lot of side effects, but I know people who hardly had any. I was prescribed for anxiety and panic disorder, I remember feeling an increase in anxiety, sweating, insomnia, stomach problems and giddiness. However, they did go away after a while. Everyone will react differently. I know it can feel daunting taking new medication, but see how you get on with it. xx

• Heart
I think it really depends on the person. I felt sick at first (even on 25mg). When i upped the dose I had quite a lot of side effects, but I know people who hardly had any. I was prescribed for anxiety and panic disorder, I remember feeling an increase in anxiety, sweating, insomnia, stomach problems and giddiness. However, they did go away after a while. Everyone will react differently. I know it can feel daunting taking new medication, but see how you get on with it. xx
thank you, I’ve had 2 anti depressants before that I reacted really badly too so that’s why I’m worried. That said, the mini pill I didn’t have a single side effect.

I also think a lot of the side effects I already have now. Fatigue, insomnia, racing thoughts, restlessness, headaches, and my anxiety causes my appetite and stomach to be a bit dodgy so I’m hoping It won’t be much different 😂😂

thank you, did you find you still have really bad symptoms or were they okay if you don’t mind me asking ?x
---

Also if someone could tell me how soon the symptoms start that’d be great. I have really bad anxiety especially health anxiety.

what I will say though, headaches, restless, bad sleep, lack of appetite and brain fog i experience now so I suppose it can’t be that much different 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Hope it helps you. It’s quite literally saved my life.

Most of the above for me, weird sweaty legs (especially at night), restless legs, clenched jaw, vivid dreams, dodge memory… most started in a couple of days and lasted between 1/2 weeks. I still get the odd side effect and my memory is shocking but it’s better than the alternative for me. Xx

• Heart
---

Of course, I lost my appetite for a week or so and then I just had an emotional block. Felt very numb. Think I had some teeth grinding as well. All very mild so I think I was lucky tbh. All I can say is for me, the first two weeks were worth how I felt after. Hope you get on ok with them x

I stared on 50mg and the side effects started that day. Took it at 8am and by lunchtime I felt a wave of sickness and was really sweaty. Day 2?I had really twitchy hands. It did freak me out a bit but it wasn’t unbearable. On day 5 I swapped to taking mine before bed instead of in the morning and I found that really helped with sickness.
3 months in and no side effects at all for me.

hope you’re doing ok!

---

So I took 25mg last night and I feel funky lol. Bit of nausea but my IBS has flared up atm so could be that and I didn't have much of an appetite anyway.

My jaw feels weird. It's like tender? And my legs feel heavy and also tender? I also had the shakes last night but seems to have subsided today.

I went from 50mg to 100mg quite quickly. I am suffering with terrible tiredness and brain fog. But I have decided before I look into switching to take some vitamins and see if it improves.
I also get the awful sweating but the last two nights haven’t been too bad. Apparently vitamin a can help and I’ve recently started taking that. Most likely coincidence though.
Other than that I have had little side effects apart from the off upset stomach and nausea! My ocd and panic had completely subsided which is worth it x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
---

I’ve been on 100mg for a year now but started on 50mg at first was on it for about 6 months before and then upped the dose. The only side affects I really had was fatigue, and a bit of a headache and sweating. I’m on it for depression & anxiety. My side affects didn’t worsen when I increased tbh but the only side affect I can’t stand is the sweating especially in the summer months. Also used to take it in the morning but now I take it at night as I found taking it during the day it made me really tired and drowsy I take it at night about an hr before bed, but some people it keeps them awake if they take it at night, affects everyone so differently.

• Heart
I’ve been on 100mg for a year now but started on 50mg at first was on it for about 6 months before and then upped the dose. The only side affects I really had was fatigue, and a bit of a headache and sweating. I’m on it for depression & anxiety. My side affects didn’t worsen when I increased tbh but the only side affect I can’t stand is the sweating especially in the summer months. Also used to take it in the morning but now I take it at night as I found taking it during the day it made me really tired and drowsy I take it at night about an hr before bed, but some people it keeps them awake if they take it at night, affects everyone so differently.
I’m one who has to take it in the morning or my insomnia has a party.

I find it’s been knocking me out. Last night I work up at 2:52am for a wee, got back into bed and I have no recollection of anything else until 7:10am 😂