Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve been on 100mg for almost 2 weeks now (was previously on 50mg on/off for months but never followed it properly cos a doctor wouldn’t see me). I’ve got bad PND following complications at my babies birth and his subsequent illness.

But how do I know if it’s working? Is it gradual?

Any advice or experiences would be lovely x
For me, I knew when it was working for two reasons: 1) I didn’t feel tearful all the time and 2) I could just get on with living life and not be endlessly ruminating and fixated on the things I was unhappy about.

Stick with it - for me it took a while but it’s so worth it. X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone experienced muscular pain taking this? I’m four months in and have awful pain in my left arm, shoulders, neck and leg. Had a massage, relieved the pain for about 12 hours, no lumps, no injuries etc. This all started as soon as my bruising stopped, don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not.
What kind of pain? I get a weird sensation in my arms, I wouldn't exactly call it a pain, but it kind of is.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
For me, I knew when it was working for two reasons: 1) I didn’t feel tearful all the time and 2) I could just get on with living life and not be endlessly ruminating and fixated on the things I was unhappy about.

Stick with it - for me it took a while but it’s so worth it. X
Agreed, I’m on 100mg now and I feel like a different person. Its taken about 4 weeks and it seems to have levelled out no I am luckily still able to experience emotion, but in a completely rational way. I went through a period of emotional blunting which did pass. I still am suffering with night sweats and tiredness but it’s with it for the normality. I used to have extreme paranoia, panic, I would ruminate on things and have extreme moods. It’s defo lifted. Stick with it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m really starting to find the memory loss a problem now. Sometimes I wake up and have zero idea what I did at work the day before(!) Part of me wonders if the meds seem to be working so well purely because I can’t remember anything for long enough to worry about it! 🤣

What kind of pain? I get a weird sensation in my arms, I wouldn't exactly call it a pain, but it kind of is.
We must stop meeting like this 💀

• Heart
I’m really starting to find the memory loss a problem now. Sometimes I wake up and have zero idea what I did at work the day before(!) Part of me wonders if the meds seem to be working so well purely because I can’t remember anything for long enough to worry about it! 🤣

We must stop meeting like this 💀
@aidil speaks

Me:

• Haha
Omg same. I have days where I am as sharp as a knife and days where I stumble my words and forget things. When I am tired it really exasperates it.
I have been working out way more than I ever have before and I think that has also hugely contributed to me feeling a lot better.

• Heart
I’d say it’s similar to the ache/sensation you get after an injection, that kind of heavy and dead feeling
Mines kinda like to a slight tingling pain/sensation, restless arms almost. I have to do pushups most nights to 'tire' my arms so I can sleep.

Mines kinda like to a slight tingling pain/sensation, restless arms almost. I have to do pushups most nights to 'tire' my arms so I can sleep.
I’ve had this with my legs - the weird restless, tingling thing. It is better when I exercise and I’ve just started doing some stretches etc before bed, which helps.

The restless legs are the worst for me! I often find myself listening to podcasts and pacing until the early hours so I can finally get some sleep!

I’ve been on 100mg (up from just 50), for just over 2 weeks now and I’ve also got that achy leg feeling tonight. It’s a mixed feeling between restless legs and like I’ve been pushing weights with my legs. Also getting leg cramps in my calf’s and thighs too.

It’s only come on the past couple of days. I’m definitely not as emotional so something good must be happening

• Heart
I’ve been on 100mg (up from just 50), for just over 2 weeks now and I’ve also got that achy leg feeling tonight. It’s a mixed feeling between restless legs and like I’ve been pushing weights with my legs. Also getting leg cramps in my calf’s and thighs too.

It’s only come on the past couple of days. I’m definitely not as emotional so something good must be happening
That’s fabulous news that you’re starting to feel the good effects at last! 😍 That leg feeling is exactly how mine feel too but I think it’s worth it for the less chaotic mind! Fingers crossed you continue to feel even better! 😁

Some yoga or stretches definitely helps me at bedtime. Sometimes I have to lie on my arms to deaden them enough to sleep, then I wake up and wonder why I can't move 🙄
Agreed it's definitely worth it for the quieter mind.

I’m wondering if the calf aches could potentially be dehydration? Are you keeping up with your water in take? I’ve found since upping to 100mg I am extreeeeeeeemely thirsty all the time so it could be that?

Wow I thought I was alone with having these symptoms, I’ve got calf ache , foot ache and sometimes aches in my thigh.
I thought it was cause I am overweight!

maybe weight doesn’t help but I’m certain it has to be the tablets causing it!

I don’t even feel like it’s doing an awful lot for my mood, i feel quite low still some days. Especially today.

So I bought some magnesium tablets today from Sainsbury’s after I was informed they are meant to be be good for insomnia and restless legs. Both of which I am suffering from so badly right now. It can’t hurt to try it!

Reactions: 3
So I bought some magnesium tablets today from Sainsbury’s after I was informed they are meant to be be good for insomnia and restless legs. Both of which I am suffering from so badly right now. It can’t hurt to try it!
Yeah I've heard magnesium is good for sleep! Let us know how you get on :)

Needing sone advice. I’m about 8 weeks into Sertraline at the moment. 4 weeks on 50mg and 4 weeks on 100mg.
I am suffering from really bad tiredness, severe night sweats, brain fog leading to sometimes messing my words up. I’ve quit drinking, work out 3/4 times a week and I haven’t dropped a single lb. Aside from that my mood has been amazing and I feel genuinely fantastic in that respect.
My doctor had advised tapering off, taking a 2 week break and starting on new ones. But I feel extremely reluctant to do this. Has anyone had these side effects and have they improved? I don’t know what to do!